Unilever

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Attended corporate presentation and networking events prior to dropping resume on school recruiting website. Interviewed two weeks later and received my offer the day of. Very quick turn around time and one of the most interesting/exciting interviews I've ever had. They fed off my previous answers and tailored the interview so they got a good sense of my interesting marketing, my knowledge of the industry and company, and my overall preparation. No case question but they did ask me about trends in the marketplace.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the future of sustainability going for Unilever?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

As I was a referral, the process was rather easy and quick. After they received my CV, I received a phone call from HR to make an appointment for a telephone interview. During this telephone interview I was asked some basic interview questions: why do you want to work for Unilever? Why did you choose marketing? Why not anything else?. After successfully rounding up the that interview, I was invited for a face-to-face interview. Very chilled and relaxed experience with some basic and out-of-the-box questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which part-time job do you remember the most? And why?   Answer Question

SME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

applied through school, first round was behavioral and skill test, after that was called to corporate office where the second round happened, they declared I was hired and gave the offer letter right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in March 2012.

At a career fair I gave my resume, and was immediately asked to choose from a selection of interview times for a same-day interview. At that time, I met with two individuals (one from HR and one from my field) to for my interview. There were several behavioral questions, but definitely a focus on my past sustainability efforts in various projects/organizations.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself as a big fish in a small pond, or as a small fish in a big pond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with someone who was not performing in the group.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate - intern rates were assigned based on year in school.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

After completing online shl tests I had a telephone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not care much about my answers, but more about asking all the questions written on his/her list. My replies were followed by "mmm, okay" all the time. Can't call it a proper interview or a nice talk.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were like "tell me about the case, when you had to..."   Answer Question

Global Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in July 2013.

Three stage interview process, which includes a Phone interview/ screening by HR, followed by an interview with Brand Managers and Directors there after.

Be kindly, there might be 2-3 people in an interview, which can be quite intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What are the thought process behind a project that you've worked on and share the insights?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Projects Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Positive experience overall. Helped reading through reviews already completed. Applied online in response to job advert. Telephonic interview with HR, 1 on 1 interview with person I would be reporting to. Did not hear anything for a while and almost 3 weeks later got offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly questions with regards to my experience and how this relates to what is expected from the job. All 'describe a situation when...' type questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

1. Online application, with around 7 short essay questions. Tip: Give context but be concise
    2. Math and logic test
    3. Phone interview (20 minutes)
    4. Half day assessment centre - 1 individual case presentation, 1 competency interview, 1 group case discussion. Tip for case studies: Stay calm, think logically and substantiate your answers with facts.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Interview process was very straight forward with no curve balls or anything. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and made the whole process very smooth. Most of the questions they asked were about my resume, past work experience and behavioral based questions. They also asked a few questions based on basic supply chain knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were president of the school, what three things would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   View Answer