Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.1

Unilever Financial Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Unilever in October 2013.

Initial phone conversation with two individuals lasted about 40 minutes. Was fist asked about my story, what attracted me to Unilever, and why I am interested in a Corporate Finance role vs. a banking role which is what I had previous experience in. Asked about my knowledge of Unilever's different brands. Furthermore, asked about where I liked to shop, if that place would be a beneficial partner to Unilever, and why I liked that place. They also asked what they could do to better position their products in the store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a commercial you saw and what you liked and disliked about it.   Answer Question

Distributor Development Manager-Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever.

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview within a week. I set up an appointment and had a wonderful interview. The recruiter called on time and was very pleasant. She asked about my resume and experience. Afterwards the recruiter walked me through the position and the main intricacies of it along with what the hiring manager what looking for. We spoke for the better part of an hour and then I was told of the next 3-4 steps in the interview process. I was given the impression that with my sales background and education, I should expect to hear back within the next 3-5 days on how the status of my application. I took this as a sign that I would proceed with the next step, a second phone interview.
    About 5 days later, I received a generic email telling me they were going forward with other candidates.

Scientistg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in September 2013.

Online application.
    HR phone call ( to check interests in this position only and available dates for technical phone interview)
    Hiring manager phone call ( to know about background)
    On site interview : Presentation( based on my previous project works) and one to oner interviews ( with other scientists, managers and so one)

Not too many technical questions.
    Most of them are "HR" questions.

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2013.

Started with recruiter phone interview. Next step was another phone interview with a Finance Manager and last stage was a half day interview day with 11 or 12 other candidates where each candidate had about 1/2 hour with 3 existing employees (1 is HR interview). They call back a week later to let you know

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the questions were behavioral. (Strength/weakness, greatest accomplishment, etc.) Interview itself is not hard but there is a lot of competition for only a few spots.   Answer Question

Front Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2013.

Week 1 - Contact from recruiter regarding position
    Week 2 - First phone interview with Unilever recruiter (~45min), first on-site interview (2 hr)
    Week 3 - Second on-site interview with site leadership team (2 hr panel interview)
    Week 4 -Third on-site interview (2 hr)
    Week 5 - Follow-up with Unilever recruiter

Interview Questions
    Offer was presented and I was initially given 24 hours to make a decision. I immediately countered with a higher offer. It took approximately one day for review and received a reply where my counter was met. I was given another 24 hours to decide. Negotiation was easy and stress-free.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in July 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter from Accenture ( as most of their recruiting function is outsourced). The few questions asked were very straight forward, however the majority of the conversation was the recruiter talking about himself and I could hardly get the opportunity to speak about my experience as it relates to the position. There was very limited time for questions and I ultimately decided the opportunity was not the right fit.

Sales Administrator Interview

Applied online, emailed by recruiter, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • A time you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

I felt very welcome at the headquarters by all the interviewers. The process was very casual, mostly behavioral questions. Lots of questions about my leadership style. No case or difficult technical questions. Before the onsite interview, I had a phone interview with HR, then a Skype interview with the Director of the category.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer questioned me about the category, competitors, etc. in the industry I used to work in.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Company was very helpful in the entire recruitment process. Interview was great experience, I felt like I was immediately part of the group and interviewers seemed genuinely interested in me. Interview was not intimidating and made me feel more relaxed and interested in what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember most difficult question. Interview was mostly situational scenarios and personal questions   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interviewed for an Internship, after the internship i was offered a full time postion based upon my 3 months of work + presentation to upper management