Unilever

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Shanghai Management Trainee In Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

I applied to the Shanghai Management Trainee position online in early September. Two weeks later I was asked to take a logical and numerical online ability test. I passed the test and had a phone interview in early October. I did really well but didn't hear back from the recruiter for two months. I later learned that it took so long because a huge number of people applied to this position but Unilever could only accept a handful of candidates to its on-site interview based in New Jersey.
    I went to the on-site interview, or Super Day as they call it, in December. The Super Day consisted of 1) two 45-min interviews with manager/HR/VP, 2) a 60-min group project where candidates were divided into teams to work on a randomly assigned topic and Unilever people observed the group discussion in the room 3) office tour. It was a fantastic experience! I especially enjoyed the group exercise as it was fun and unique and really tested everyone's interpersonal and problem solving skills. The decision was made very quickly and I got a phone call the next day telling me that I was selected to proceed to the next stage which is a Skype interview with the China team. The Skype interview was very casual and they did not try to cut people at this point (I and another girl are the only two left). Two weeks after the Skype interview I got the offer.
    The whole process took 3 months but it was very structured and the HRs were quite responsive.

Interview Questions
    • - What is your favorite Unilever brand? Design a marketing campaign for this brand.
      - What could you have done better today?

Answer Question
    No negotiation. The compensation package was satisfactory.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Applied through their website and a recruiter contacted me the very next day. She asked me to submit a detailed resume and she said we would move from there. Two days after I sent it she got back to me and scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 mins, and it was very relaxed. Asked me to walk her through my work experience, confirmed a few details about my academic background and asked a few general questions like "why Unilever", "strengths and weaknesses" or "expected salary". All in all very friendly and trying to make it pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • None of them was really hard. As long as you get ready to face an interview, I think it's difficult that you get any bad surprise at this stage. Probably the next steps are harder.   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

It was an easy process. The interviewer was very personable.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

The interview took 2 days, was over a video conference

Interview Questions
    • was fairly easy and basic behavioral questions   View Answer
    No negotiation

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

I got an onsite campus interview, and then HR took months to respond to me, but I finally got an offer

Interview Questions
    • It was all the basic, "tell me about yourself" and then questions based off your personal experience.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Future Leaders Program -Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

I went to the career fair at my university and was contacted through our job board for an interview. I was told the interview would be a half hour long. The interview ended up being only 20 minutes long, and half the time I asked the questions. It really felt like I was leading the interview rather then the interviewer. However, it was a very pleasant experience. I really enjoyed talking to the recruiter and he knew a lot about the position. There were general questions about the consumer packaged goods industry, why Unilever, what is your favorite brand and why, etc. Not too challenging, but challenging enough. Still waiting to hear back, should be getting a response soon!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the consumer packaged goods industry in the USA?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Unilever.

Multiple interviews with directors and managers. Mix of behavioral and case questions.

Interview Questions
    • Recently, company X launched a new innovation. Do you think it will be successful and why?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

The interview process consist of multiple stages. Many people make it to the interview stage by working through a temp agency and already have experience doing the exact job they are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Was not asked difficult questions. The manager spent most of the time talking about himself. The interview lasted about an hour.   Answer Question

Marketing & Customer Development Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

I attended an information session on Cornell University's campus. I then submitted a resume and cover letter through the the University's online recruitment platform. I heard back within two weeks and was invited for a on campus interview about three weeks later. The interview was very laid back. It was conducted by one of the alums who held the information session. the interview was strictly behavioral, although I was prepared for advertisement and marketing critiques. I would also be well versed in CPGs. I believe I got an unusually easy interview. However, I think most of these interviews are less intimidating than those in the finance or consulting field.

Interview Questions
    I heard back about a month later first via informal email, then with an attached .pdf document stating the terms and compensation for the internship.

Senior Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Only interviewed with 2 people : my Manager (DIrector) and the DIrector of HR

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge that you faced in Business and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    not lengthy - I basically accepted the offer as is.