Unilever

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – Company was very helpful in the entire recruitment process. Interview was great experience, I felt like I was immediately part of the group and interviewers seemed genuinely interested in me. Interview was not intimidating and made me feel more relaxed and interested in what the company had to offer.

Interview Question – Cannot remember most difficult question. Interview was mostly situational scenarios and personal questions   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Englewood, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview (On-Campus), if you do well...

Invitation to Superday in Englewood Cliffs. The night before Superday, the company takes you to dinner. It's pretty relaxed...getting to know the people/company. Important to talk to the employees and learn about the company (employees are eager to share their experience).

The next day there are two 1:1 interviews. I enjoyed both of my interviews, but I've heard different opinions (depends on the interviewer obviously). Just be yourself and, and you'll do great! I would say that they definitely want to challenge you, but that's the fun part!

Lunch.

After the interviews, there is a case scenario. You have about 90 minutes (if I remember correctly) to prepare and present with a team. You're given a product category and a few demographics...then you have to come up with what you want to take to market given the constraints. I was really nervous for this portion, but it's honestly not that bad at all. There are 3-4 Unilever employees that are watching how you work with the team and how you can involve your other group members.

Side note: some people have the case before lunch and the interviews following lunch.

Overall, the interview process is great. They link you up with a "mentor" who is a current employee. I LOVED my mentor because he really motivated me and boosted my moral before my interview! I haven't started as of yet, but HR has been an absolute dream to work with. I am really excited to start this summer!

Interview Question – Tell me about a bad advertising campaign   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the contract/package. I didn't negotiate, but it seemed like a pretty firm offer.

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in March 2012.

Interview Details – They gave an on campus interview which was pretty good. The interview wasn't too stressful and they followed up well. The questions were fair and the interviewer did a good job asking them. They picked a good location to do the interview and the lighting was very good. They did an overall good job on the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an Internship, after the internship i was offered a full time postion based upon my 3 months of work + presentation to upper management

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Future Leader's Program Interview

Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply onine, online test, phone interview, and the Superday interview. We had dinner with some employees in Unilever one day before the superday. Superday was tough, first a material review followed by an independent presentation, then there was a face-to-face interview. In the afternoon there was an independent material study followed by a group discussion but no presentation.

Interview Question – What is the recent news you know about Unilever   Answer Question

Associate Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then a Superday where you meet with 3 managers/directors in your group and 1 HR manager.

Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was an on campus Interview. Interviewer asked questions about my resume and projects and research. It was very conversational and did not really feel like an interview. Just be yourself

Interview Question – Talk about a project you worked on.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume at my university career fair. I was contacted fairly quickly to set up an interview.
When I arrived, I had fill out a form with my basic information as well as location preference. I was interviewed by one person. For interns, this is the only interview you will have before being notified. You will be notified whether you are offered or not.
 The interview was simple, only 5 behavioral type questions with a Q/A at the end. It was short, sweet but very efficient. Overall a great experience.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple. I think the hardest was, "tell me about a time you had to step up because someone else was lacking."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were lenient about when I wanted to accept the offer. The Englewood office offers interns corporate housing or a housing stipend plus the salary.

ABM Interview

ABM

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – From the beginning they act sort of aloof and a little full of themselves, knowing that a lot of people want to work there, it seems the power goes to their heads a little. It is extremely difficult to get interviewed if you haven't spoken to any of their recruiters beforehand.
The person that interviewed me was a little rude. Some of the questions seemed like accusations and it seemed like she had her mind made up before I even entered the room. Seemed like a hopeless exercise.
After the interview (like a lot of these companies), if you didn't get the position they don't even bother to contact you and tell you you didn't get it.

Interview Question – Why this company? You really have to research them well and know exactly how to kiss their butt in a non-generic way.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Question – They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
All interviewers are very friendly.
  Answer Question