Unilever

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

on campus, had an interview two days later after meeting

Human Resources Manager Interview

Online application form to be filled followed by a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • General HR questions related to work in my last organizations. Nothing particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

All day event with multiple interviews at different managers at different times, covering the same items.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, I did not have any question that stood out as being difficult.   Answer Question

Marketing & Customer Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Got an interview through campus recruiting, prepared for and received mostly behavioral questions but some technical questions sprinkled in.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

I applied through university website and got an on campus interview for 45 mins. For interns that is the only interview to get the formal offer. All typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you think can make you be a good manager   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Attended corporate presentation and networking events prior to dropping resume on school recruiting website. Interviewed two weeks later and received my offer the day of. Very quick turn around time and one of the most interesting/exciting interviews I've ever had. They fed off my previous answers and tailored the interview so they got a good sense of my interesting marketing, my knowledge of the industry and company, and my overall preparation. No case question but they did ask me about trends in the marketplace.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the future of sustainability going for Unilever?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Applied through their website and a recruiter contacted me the very next day. She asked me to submit a detailed resume and she said we would move from there. Two days after I sent it she got back to me and scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 mins, and it was very relaxed. Asked me to walk her through my work experience, confirmed a few details about my academic background and asked a few general questions like "why Unilever", "strengths and weaknesses" or "expected salary". All in all very friendly and trying to make it pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • None of them was really hard. As long as you get ready to face an interview, I think it's difficult that you get any bad surprise at this stage. Probably the next steps are harder.   Answer Question

Shanghai Management Trainee In Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

I applied to the Shanghai Management Trainee position online in early September. Two weeks later I was asked to take a logical and numerical online ability test. I passed the test and had a phone interview in early October. I did really well but didn't hear back from the recruiter for two months. I later learned that it took so long because a huge number of people applied to this position but Unilever could only accept a handful of candidates to its on-site interview based in New Jersey.
    I went to the on-site interview, or Super Day as they call it, in December. The Super Day consisted of 1) two 45-min interviews with manager/HR/VP, 2) a 60-min group project where candidates were divided into teams to work on a randomly assigned topic and Unilever people observed the group discussion in the room 3) office tour. It was a fantastic experience! I especially enjoyed the group exercise as it was fun and unique and really tested everyone's interpersonal and problem solving skills. The decision was made very quickly and I got a phone call the next day telling me that I was selected to proceed to the next stage which is a Skype interview with the China team. The Skype interview was very casual and they did not try to cut people at this point (I and another girl are the only two left). Two weeks after the Skype interview I got the offer.
    The whole process took 3 months but it was very structured and the HRs were quite responsive.

Interview Questions
    • - What is your favorite Unilever brand? Design a marketing campaign for this brand.
      - What could you have done better today?

Answer Question
    No negotiation. The compensation package was satisfactory.

Human Resources Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

It was an easy process. The interviewer was very personable.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

The interview took 2 days, was over a video conference

Interview Questions
    • was fairly easy and basic behavioral questions   View Answer
    No negotiation