Unilever

250 candidate interviews

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in September 2010.

Interview Details – One round of interview by hiring manager and line manager of hiring manager. Overall interview experience was good as most of the questions are relevant

Interview Question – What is the most difficult customer experience you have been through and how you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Unilever in Dec 2013.

Interview Details – 1.online assessment 2.telephone interview 3 AC panel

Online Assessment - numerical and verbal reasoning, standard tests you can find at most online assessment website.
Telephone Interview- very structure, they asked 5 characteristics that Unilever looks for in future employee, how you demonstrate these characteristics through real life experiences and social activities.
AC - consists of 6 people, 1 interview, 1 individual case study and 1 group discussion. Most people will fail the individual case study - very long and difficult. Interview was easy and most likely to get to know you more, it won't make a big impact on final decision. It's similar to Group discussion, which is easy and just to assess how you work in a group.

Interview Question – Individual case study   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – on campus, had an interview two days later after meeting

Interview Question – No difficult questions mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Future Leadership Scheme Interview

Future Leadership Scheme
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

Interview Details – well, i had an interview over phone last year, the position is Marketing leadership scheme in China. The interview lasted half an hour, most questions were actually quite similar with the reviews here. Unfortunately, i was too nervous and didnt perform well!

Interview Question – In your opinion, why this would happen? and, what will you do to improve next?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview Details – The application process online was rather easy. Then an HR-person contacted you by telephone to schedule a phone-interview. Then followed a phone-interview of about 35 minutes. The HR-person asked questions specific such as; Why Unilever? Why this function? Why you in this function? You really need you really need to be able to motivate your answers. Then followed questions focusing on leadership in different roles. You had to explain projects etc. Unfortunately I did make it to the assessment day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision in a project?   Answer Question

Marketing & Customer Development Interview

Marketing & Customer Development

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details – Got an interview through campus recruiting, prepared for and received mostly behavioral questions but some technical questions sprinkled in.

Interview Question – Where do you see the CPG market going?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online Application Form - multiple short essay questions
Logical and Math test - difficulty is manageable, but bear in mind the relatively short amount of time as compared to some other tests administered by other companies
1 week later,
Phone interview - asked 3 questions, with related followups
3 weeks later
Assessment Centre/Offer

Interview Question – 1) Describe a time when you demonstrated creativity
2) What have you learned about Finance and the FMCG industry (in previous work experience, etc.)
3) Why Unilever, instead of other companies?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing & Customer Development Internship Program Interview

Marketing & Customer Development Internship Program
Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended an information session on Cornell University's campus. I then submitted a resume and cover letter through the the University's online recruitment platform. I heard back within two weeks and was invited for a on campus interview about three weeks later. The interview was very laid back. It was conducted by one of the alums who held the information session. the interview was strictly behavioral, although I was prepared for advertisement and marketing critiques. I would also be well versed in CPGs. I believe I got an unusually easy interview. However, I think most of these interviews are less intimidating than those in the finance or consulting field.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I heard back about a month later first via informal email, then with an attached .pdf document stating the terms and compensation for the internship.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Senior Finance Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Unilever in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy and thorough

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work at Unilever   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy and they were responsive

Summer Intern, Sales Interview

Summer Intern, Sales
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, ver strange situation questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you handled a customer need   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Unilever