Unilever

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in October 2013.

- Online Application
    - Online Tests: Numerical
    - Telephone Interview
    - Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage risks? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

Service Operations Specialist - Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in June 2013.

Interview lasted just under 1 hour several questions, about what i have done in the past and what I knew about Unilever.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions about the process of supply chain, considering I had not worked in Supply chain before I used my knowledge from my Business HND course.   View Answer
    You can't negotiate with these managers thy just don't listen unless it is to do with food and cake

Graduate Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever in March 2013.

They are very accommodating throughout the process, paying up to £100 of your travel costs and putting up in a hotel before the assessment centre. The morning of the assessment centre, you and around 5 other candidates will be taken from the hotel to the Unilever headquarters in Leatherhead.

Here your day will begin, as you are placed in a room and given an unbelievable amount of information to analyse, after which you will have to present the key points for around 20 minutes. My best advice for this task would be: time management.....sift through the waffle introductory information as fast as possible so that you can get to the crux of the matter and time to actually think about it.

Next is the one-on-one interview.....basically the same stupid questions as the telephone interview that you are required to lie about: "please provide an example of a time when you have displayed super powers and single handedly improved relations between North and South Korea........ect"

Finally you are put into a room with all the other candidates and asked to have a group discussion based on more wads of information regarding a business merger. This task should be fairly straight forward as you should basically be active in the discussion, but not overpowering. For me this stage was a complete mystery, as the guy who eventually got the job was completely unwilling to listen to anyone else's point of view.....

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Unilever?
      - you somehow have to seem excited about selling shampoo
        Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Online application
    Telephone interview
    Online numerical and verbal tests
    Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question
    Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.