Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.4

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Questions

• They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
    All interviewers are very friendly.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. wrote the required essays: what attracted you to unilever. please indicate why unilever should employ you. describe a time when you had to get the support of others. describe an occasion when you had an issue to solve and you needed help. describe a time when you spotted an opportunity and made it happen.
    got call for interview. gave 30 minutes interview to financial planning manager.

Interview Questions

• Q Tell me about yourself. what are you like personally?   Answer Question
    • Q if you had two projects one which was environmentally friendly with 6 million NPV and one with 10mil NPV but created a lot of pollution, which one would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Q which parts of the income statement would you look at to judge the performance of the company. (they also set another trap here saying i think it is sales. you have to convince them otherwise. they test your persuasion skills here)   Answer Question
    • Q is there anything else which is not in your CV that you would like to mention to us   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Online application and IQ test
    2. Phone interview = competency/technical questions on different areas. e.g leadership, knowledge on the role
    3. Assessment center = 1 day event, consist of case study and group exercise

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

There're four steps in total, can be different depend on which country.

1. Online Essay and Online Test (IQ) - You can do both at your home. You'll have to send an Essay with your format, and they'll contact you later for a Online IQ test.
    2. HR Interview - at the Company's headquarter
    3. Field work exercise
    4. Final Presentation

Interview Questions

• none, most are typical (tell me a bit about your self, your idol, your plan in the future, challenge you have met...)   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewer is given a standardized set of question by the Human Resource Managers for the first stage of interviews. The interview questions are listed for the interviewer and they will ask you almost all the question in the list. They require you to give specific examples for you achievements. They also expect you to say something about yourself that is not stated in your resume. Its one of the most challenging interview process that I have undergone.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever suggested a change in your organization before? If yes, please cite examples.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole process consisted of 1) online application, with IQ assessment and online submission of competency-based short answer essay sections, 2) phone interview, and 3) assessment centre, including individual interview and presentation segments. Timely emails were sent to keep candidates in the loop throughout the selection process. During the assessment centre, the staff were friendly, respectful and hospitable. An exciting and fun while thoroughly nerve-wracking experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a personal challenge.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

After completing online shl tests I had a telephone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not care much about my answers, but more about asking all the questions written on his/her list. My replies were followed by "mmm, okay" all the time. Can't call it a proper interview or a nice talk.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were like "tell me about the case, when you had to..."   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
    After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
    After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
    After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Questions

• Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, then got a phone call confirmation for going through to next round of 'career day' or some sort with around 30 people. The day started off with a tour around the office, and then presentation for company introduction, sharing of past management trainee from the year before. It was then followed by a group discussion/ case study that was not monitored, and finished off with a written test consisting of around 8 short questions to answer.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever (Dhaka (Bangladesh)).

Interview

There are four steps to be recruited as management trainee. In first step, you have to apply via their online application process. After sorting out they will ask you to sit for online assessment test. Then they will select very short listed candidate for day long assessment. After selecting in this stage, they will ask you for the final step; board viva/ interview.