Unilever

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.4

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Questions
  • They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
    All interviewers are very friendly.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

There're four steps in total, can be different depend on which country.

1. Online Essay and Online Test (IQ) - You can do both at your home. You'll have to send an Essay with your format, and they'll contact you later for a Online IQ test.
    2. HR Interview - at the Company's headquarter
    3. Field work exercise
    4. Final Presentation

Interview Questions
    • none, most are typical (tell me a bit about your self, your idol, your plan in the future, challenge you have met...)   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in January 2015.

The interviewer is given a standardized set of question by the Human Resource Managers for the first stage of interviews. The interview questions are listed for the interviewer and they will ask you almost all the question in the list. They require you to give specific examples for you achievements. They also expect you to say something about yourself that is not stated in your resume. Its one of the most challenging interview process that I have undergone.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever suggested a change in your organization before? If yes, please cite examples.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

After completing online shl tests I had a telephone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not care much about my answers, but more about asking all the questions written on his/her list. My replies were followed by "mmm, okay" all the time. Can't call it a proper interview or a nice talk.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were like "tell me about the case, when you had to..."   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
    After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
    After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
    After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Questions
    • Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   View Answer
    After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Applied online, then got a phone call confirmation for going through to next round of 'career day' or some sort with around 30 people. The day started off with a tour around the office, and then presentation for company introduction, sharing of past management trainee from the year before. It was then followed by a group discussion/ case study that was not monitored, and finished off with a written test consisting of around 8 short questions to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

There are four steps to be recruited as management trainee. In first step, you have to apply via their online application process. After sorting out they will ask you to sit for online assessment test. Then they will select very short listed candidate for day long assessment. After selecting in this stage, they will ask you for the final step; board viva/ interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever in January 2014.

4 step process. Online application form. Then shortlisted candidates will be called for Online aptitude test with two sections of Numeric and Logical Reasoning Tests, Then Successful candidates will make it to the day long assessment centre at Unilever Bangladesh head office. The daylong assessment will be divided into individual presentation of a case, one-to-one interview and a group discussion. Successful candidates will then make it to the next and final stage of final interview with the directors.

Interview Questions
    • Anything related individual situational analysis and competency and skills   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

first we have to fill an online application at their website, then a group discussion, two technical rounds and 1 HR round of interview

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

First is the online application and the online test. Then goes to the telephone interview or the first face-to-face interview according to your location. The final interview is a one-day assessment including group interview, 2 case analysis and a 1 to 1 interview with some senior leader in the company. The final interview is located on Shanghai if you apply for MT position in the Unilever China. Transportation, one-night accommodation and meals on the assessment day are provided.

Interview Questions
    • Please set up a 3-year financial plan to help the firm break even based on materials provided.   Answer Question