Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Questions
  • They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
    All interviewers are very friendly.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
    After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
    After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
    After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Questions
    • Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   View Answer
    After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

There are four steps to be recruited as management trainee. In first step, you have to apply via their online application process. After sorting out they will ask you to sit for online assessment test. Then they will select very short listed candidate for day long assessment. After selecting in this stage, they will ask you for the final step; board viva/ interview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

First is the online application and the online test. Then goes to the telephone interview or the first face-to-face interview according to your location. The final interview is a one-day assessment including group interview, 2 case analysis and a 1 to 1 interview with some senior leader in the company. The final interview is located on Shanghai if you apply for MT position in the Unilever China. Transportation, one-night accommodation and meals on the assessment day are provided.

Interview Questions
    • Please set up a 3-year financial plan to help the firm break even based on materials provided.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

1st round - Filling in online questionaire. It is rather long and will require time to plan out response before submitting.

2nd round - Phone interview. They will ask questions similar to the online questionaire. All you need to do is to answer them confidently. It helps to have your answers in front of you.

3rd round - Assessment Centre. Consisting of 1 to 1 face interview, 1 to 1 case presentation, and group discussion. Will take up the whole day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Everything was pretty straightforward. You just have to be confident and eloquent.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

1. Started with a resume screening, later, they informed me to fill out a questionnaire of their own about weakness, strength,etc.

2. Logical & Physicological test, and focused group discussion with psychologist watching

3. 1:1 interview with the psychologist

4. Focused group discussion, again...

5. Presentation

6. Panel interview

Interview Questions
    • A 10 pages business case about how to market an eco-friendly product.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

initial aptitude test consisting of inductive and numerical reasoning. Simple calculator was allowed for use. Next stage assessment including a group case, an individual case and a one to one personal interview. Final stage was interview with the chairman and departmental heads.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if asked to jump right now? answer within 7 s   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

It was a great experience, unbiased and one can get really far without knowing anyone. Though we got to some point and were let go in the final step, the company was really thorough in their interview process but provided you had what it takes, they take you on to the next level.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Unilever.

It was an on campus recruitment which started with an online application submission, followed by group discussion, a team activity and 2 rounds of interviews. There was shortlisting after the application submission and the group/team rounds.

Done quite professionally. They tend to like young grads vs people wiht more experience and prefer women.

The interview rounds allow you to make your point with the interviewer focused more on listening.

Interview Questions
    • They check creativity and application of learning to live problems. Expect short marketing caselets and some off beat situations.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

1 phone interview in february followed by a group interview in the headquarters in Istanbul in March. Each took 45-60 minutes and consisted of behavioral and personality questions. Final round was called "selection board" which you spend the whole day with 5 other candidates solving case problems and giving presentations about a given business case or new product development strategy. Top level managers and HR people will be present to observe your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to combine two different approaches or perspectives to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

I decided to go to graduate school abroad.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!