Unilever Management Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

3.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in December 2012.

Phone interview
Online evaluation
Super-day interview

Interview Questions
  • They don't give much time for preparing the short presentation.
    All interviewers are very friendly.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in January 2010.

1st step: Online test
    2nd step: one on one interview
    third step: Assessment center of about 7 people

for the online test practice GMAT, and other online aptitude tests. One one one interview looks to check your fit for the role, spoken English, confidence normally done by a consulting company.
    Assessment center has about 7 or 8 people, it has about 2 group work exercises, 1 case study and then a one on one interview normally grueling, takes a whole day normally 8am to 8pm this is to check energy levels of participants so you must not look tired at any point in time.

Interview Questions
    Entry level salary was fixed

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
    After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
    After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
    After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Questions
    • Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   View Answer
    After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

1 phone interview in february followed by a group interview in the headquarters in Istanbul in March. Each took 45-60 minutes and consisted of behavioral and personality questions. Final round was called "selection board" which you spend the whole day with 5 other candidates solving case problems and giving presentations about a given business case or new product development strategy. Top level managers and HR people will be present to observe your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to combine two different approaches or perspectives to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

I decided to go to graduate school abroad.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

There are four steps to be recruited as management trainee. In first step, you have to apply via their online application process. After sorting out they will ask you to sit for online assessment test. Then they will select very short listed candidate for day long assessment. After selecting in this stage, they will ask you for the final step; board viva/ interview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

1.online assessment 2.telephone interview 3 AC panel

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

It was a great experience, unbiased and one can get really far without knowing anyone. Though we got to some point and were let go in the final step, the company was really thorough in their interview process but provided you had what it takes, they take you on to the next level.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

1. Started with a resume screening, later, they informed me to fill out a questionnaire of their own about weakness, strength,etc.

2. Logical & Physicological test, and focused group discussion with psychologist watching

3. 1:1 interview with the psychologist

4. Focused group discussion, again...

5. Presentation

6. Panel interview

Interview Questions
    • A 10 pages business case about how to market an eco-friendly product.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

initial aptitude test consisting of inductive and numerical reasoning. Simple calculator was allowed for use. Next stage assessment including a group case, an individual case and a one to one personal interview. Final stage was interview with the chairman and departmental heads.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if asked to jump right now? answer within 7 s   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

1st round - Filling in online questionaire. It is rather long and will require time to plan out response before submitting.

2nd round - Phone interview. They will ask questions similar to the online questionaire. All you need to do is to answer them confidently. It helps to have your answers in front of you.

3rd round - Assessment Centre. Consisting of 1 to 1 face interview, 1 to 1 case presentation, and group discussion. Will take up the whole day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Everything was pretty straightforward. You just have to be confident and eloquent.   Answer Question

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!