Unilever NV

Relevance Date Difficulty

HR Manager Interview

HR Manager

Interviewed at Unilever NV

Interview Details – Behaviour-based questions like "Tell me about a time where you showed a bias for action" or "Tell me about a time where you had to influence someone, or a group of people, to change their point of view." Then probing questions to dig into what you say and to see if you can demonstrate the leadership behaviours they are looking for. Also will check to see what you know about the company, about the brands and the competition.

Interview Question – Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Owensboro, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever NV in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a five month term as a team leader with temporary agency. Then had interview over the phone with a recruiter. Once the phone interview was a Go, I had a call the next week letting me know the date and time of my face to face interview. The interview was short and I left with a positive idea. I later was contacted for time and dates of my physical and urinalysis. Then I was given an offer, once I accepted they mailed me paperwork with contracts and benifits.

Interview Question – Why would someone with your education want to work in a factory?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer and acceptance

PhD Science Talent Interview

Vlaardingen (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Unilever NV.

Interview Details – Three stages (Skype interview, phone interview, assessment day)
1) Skype interview with technical director for assessment of technical knowledge
2) Phone interview with HR specialist for assessment of competences
3) Assessment day (interview, case study, presentation, group exercise); also included lunch with employees and pilot plant visit

Interview Question – Competence-based interview with technical manager (lots of emphasis on Unilever standards of leadership)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Unilever NV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unilever NV interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Unilever NV employees and interview candidates.