Unilever PLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Defi Engineer Interview

Defi Engineer
Hammond, IN

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever PLC.

Interview Details – The interview took a whole day. All the interview questions were expected, mostly behavioral questions. I interview with different staffs for a duration of about 40-45mins. It was a very great experience plus all the staffs at this particular location were very friendly including HR personnel that I had the first phone conversation with..

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over other candidates that applied for the same position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever PLC.

Interview Details – All day event with multiple interviews at different managers at different times, covering the same items.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, I did not have any question that stood out as being difficult.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interviewed at Unilever PLC

Interview Details – Contacted after a career fair (which seems like a pretty common entry to this program). Interview was over Skype and about 45 minutes. It's best to just be genuine about your interest and definitely do sufficient research. It is a huge company so the offer/ acceptance process was a little bureaucratic.

Interview Question – Really nothing too out of the ordinary- mostly about experience and skills and why you are applying   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Trumbull, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever PLC in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with a manager and another upper level employee. Focused mainly on experience even though it was for an internship. They seemed too busy to train someone and stressed that they wanted someone who could come in and hit the ground running. I was not offered the position because they went with a candidate who had SQL experience. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't get it because I don't think they would teach you very much, which is kind of the point of an internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed a process to make it better   View Answer
  • Talk about your experience with Excel, Access, and SQL   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Finance - Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Finance - Future Leaders Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever PLC in January 2014.

Interview Details – First fill in application form, attach CV and answer 5 long questions about the role, leadership, your experience. Then online assessments, both numerical and verbal (SHL). Then telephone interview. Then assessment centre, and then a final interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this role. I gave what I believed was a compelling question stating the learning opportunities and the interaction with other areas of the firm, but the interviewer wasn't satisfied at all. I believe that this question needs to thought through carefully and have a very good answer ready.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever PLC.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – questions were quite easy or expected   Answer Question

Global IT Interview

Global IT
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever PLC in December 2009.

Interview Details – Competency based interview.

Interview Question – What would you do in your first 6 weeks in the role?   Answer Question

Financial Management Graduate Interview

Financial Management Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever PLC.

Interview Details – had logical and numerical tests, tests were pretty hard,, then had a 1-hour telephone interview. was asked general questions about why Unilever, why fmcg, what issues are affecting Unilever, what actions did you take to find out about Unilever and about Finance department, creative ideas, what skills do you think you have to become a good manager?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went out of your way to satisfy customers   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever PLC in February 2012.

Interview Details – A comfortable and frank interview with the hiring manager followed by a phone interview with the procurement director. The culture is a very open and professional one albeit it can be quite cold and impersonal working environment as most people travel, or work virtually therefore interpersonal relationships could only revolve around work.

Interview Question – What do you know about FMCG and how do you see your contribution to the company?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Athens (Greece)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever PLC in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had to pass first a verbal and a numerical test, in which I succedeed and then there was an interview with 3 ladies. They were very nice and they really liked my CV. They asked me some hypothetical questions, e.g. "What would you do concerning marketing if you had a coffee shop and sales were moving down? Describe 3 solutions."

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work as a merchandiser for an indefinite time period and then be placed in marketing department?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Unilever PLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unilever PLC interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Unilever PLC employees and interview candidates.