Unilever

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Interview

Summer
Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview. Got the interview opportunity in the school career fair and had an on set interview the next day. It went on pretty well and I had a good chat with both interviewers. Got the offer later in the same day. It was a 6 month internship. So the process is much simpler than a formal employee.

Interview Question – Everything is normal and the interviewers are all professional engineer.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Future Leader's Program Interview

Future Leader's Program
Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply onine, online test, phone interview, and the Superday interview. We had dinner with some employees in Unilever one day before the superday. Superday was tough, first a material review followed by an independent presentation, then there was a face-to-face interview. In the afternoon there was an independent material study followed by a group discussion but no presentation.

Interview Question – What is the recent news you know about Unilever   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Trumbull, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was an on campus Interview. Interviewer asked questions about my resume and projects and research. It was very conversational and did not really feel like an interview. Just be yourself

Interview Question – Talk about a project you worked on.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Distribution Coordinator Interview

Distribution Coordinator
Trumbull, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in May 2010.

Interview Details – You run a gauntlet of multiple interviewers. None seem very comfortable or experienced doing so and read off a sheet. Lasts only about 25 mins.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you had to hold someone accountable.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Trumbull, CT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Unilever in October 2011.

Interview Details – Unilver scouted for prospects at University Career Fair. I received a phone call that day at 5pm to schedule an interview for the next afternoon. There were two interviewers and they monitored my behavior in the waiting room with other job seekers. I was asked a few scenario questions and overall the interview took 35 min from start to finish. I was offered the position within 48 hours informally, & formally within the week.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging task at your previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Describe what you would do if a Unilever customer such as Walmart was out of a product? Walk us through your thought process to discover why / where the problem is?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Supply Chain Management Program
Trumbull, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Unilever in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was overall positive. They asked behavioral questions and a case study.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you lead a team.   Answer Question

Sale Analyst Interview

Sale Analyst
Trumbull, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on the company's website. after three weeks, I was called by a recruiter and he informed me that the hiring manager was interested in interviewing me for the position within a weeks time. I asked for the the name of the Hiring Manager and his phone #. With that information in hands, I set out to do a thorough research on the Hiring Manager, the Company, the Position and the functions of the daily task of A similar post in other companies.Google, Yahoojobs.com are great help. Once at the interview, I had a heartfelt smile and strong hand shake with the HM. He broke the ice by talking about the game the nite before. I jumped in with a lot of passion and we tlaked for about trash about individual teams. He was a cool guy! I liked him right there. Once on the main issues of the interview. The same passion I showed him about the game , was displayed about the job and I spoke about all the llttle details that I could. After the interview, He asked whether I would like to see around the office and I accepted. The office was clean and bright. I was introduced to the person leaving the job for a promotion. we Talked a little bit about the job and said to him that when I come in, I will keep the name on cubicle for six months and he laugh and commented," I like you already" .
Well, I got the job the next day.
As you can see, I did my home work, I showed passion, and was a likeable poerson. I learned later from my manger, that the guy put in a word for me via an email. Please do all your home work, Like you are taking your GMAT!!

Interview Questions

• What technical experience do you have to perform the job?   View Answer
  • What is the general make op of the software and the inner workings between and among the systems?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. I was initially offer $5k above my salary at the time. However, I researched and knew that they were willing to offer a $10k for the job based on experienced. I drew the Interviewer attention to my work with other members of the sales team and I certainly knew how the Sales force operated. And that he would not have to take a long time to get me acquianted to the inner working of the job. More Importantly, I knew how to use the mian software that the Sales force used daily. I got the $10k I requested after a few minutes of discussions with his Manager.
HTe advice is simple: get to know a whole lot about the job by researching every aspect including the softwares, the people and the daily functions.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!