Unilever Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant CMI Manager Interview

2 rounds of interviews, feels quite informal. they are looking for people who are passionate, curious and forward thinking. the hiring process was slightly longer as it requires two or three layers of approval.

Interview Questions
    • Many were standard interviewing questions, nothing too out of the blue   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

I had applied online where i submitted my CV, as well as answered some personality questions, If accepted get through to the next stages which included numerical tests which are pretty difficult due to the time restraints 18mins for 18 questions.

Supply Chain Interview

The whole process was all about competency questions. Phone interview was with someone from the HR department and it felt very artificial. I didn't enjoy it at all. The interviewer was typing my answer up as I was speaking which was very annoying and created long gaps in-between questions. They did not seem to have the knowledge of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you had to persuade your team to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

First to complete online application. This was followed by an hour telephone conversation. Questions were all competency based putting the candidate in different situations though out. The usual sort of questions, no curve balls. got the opportunity to ask questions at the end but the lady on the end of the phone wasn't able to answer it, and didn't know much to be honest because she was just in recruitment. I failed, but if i was to do this again, i would try and have got more key words in my speech to keep her hungry for more.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the usual competency based question stuff   Answer Question

Future Leadership Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

well, i had an interview over phone last year, the position is Marketing leadership scheme in China. The interview lasted half an hour, most questions were actually quite similar with the reviews here. Unfortunately, i was too nervous and didnt perform well!

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, why this would happen? and, what will you do to improve next?   Answer Question

Grad Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

for the phone interview, took about 45 minutes and he lady from HR doing it was very nice and put me at ease. there was a CV review, about half an hour of competency based questions and then questions about why FMCG and why unilever, the standard kind of stuff you would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to come up to a creative solution to a difficult problem   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in February 2010.

Very disorganised. HR was not involved.

Interview Questions
    • They ask competency based questions (Tell me about a time when you demonstrated such and such behavior)   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered

Graduate Trainee - Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2013.

Telephone interview:

6 competency questions followed by 6 questions on the company/why FMCG/what research have I done to find out more about this role

Lasted an hour

Very friendly HR person, who if you didn't seem to say exactly the right thing would push you for more.

Need to make sure you make your competency answers specific to the question.

Interview Questions
    • What research have you done to find out about this role?   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

online application, phone interview

Interview Questions
    • what have you done to know more about the FMCG industry?   Answer Question

Future Leaders UK Interview

Pretty basic questions about why you want to work in retail, unilever etc. Also make sure you have plenty of competency scenarios as there are loads of questions on when you have shown good leadership etc. Have around 6-8 examples and try not to recycle them

Interview Questions

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!