Union Bank N.A.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

Interviewed at Union Bank N.A.

Interview Details – 3 total interviews. Last interview was in person meeting with projects managers. Fits two interviews were mostly centered around my experience and its match to their environment. They dig deep into your experience and different business solutions over the course of the project.

Interview Question – Though the role was functional, questions were mostly based on technical skills in the past   Answer Question

Senior Relationship Banker Interview

Senior Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in August 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online thru website. I got a call about 2 weeks later. I went thru a group interview of about 6 candidates. 2 panel interviews and 3 one on one interviews. same day got the offer.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they were offering more than what i was making.

Credit Associate Interview

Credit Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, and through a former employee who directed me to their posting. 2 weeks later I received an e-mail from Juan Donis who scheduled a phone interview the following day. Simple interview questions. Asked about excel experience 1-10, if you rate yourself in the upper half of that scale prepare to be asked a few technical questions about those skills.(i.e. V-lookups, H-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc). Make yourself as available as possible for an interview. I was working full time and was looking to transition, but my availability to interview was limited, which reflected negatively. They also do not want to hear that you are waiting to hear from other companies, or that you have other interviews lined up. I had 2 and told them, and they didn't like it.

I did eventually get a follow-up panel interview a week later. I was asked a few behavioral questions, and other common interview questions. I remember them asking if I had any experience "building customer relationships" and to provide an example. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary. I did really well in the interview wasn't caught off guard by anything, I believe they were looking for someone with more an accounting background, greater availability, and who didn't have to transition out of full-time job. (I hold a B.A. in Political Science-Public Law with a minor in Business Economics.)

Interview Question – Do you have experience with v-lookups, h-lookups, pivot tables, and analyzing financial statements? Do you have any experience with building customer relationships? Describe a time you taught someone something. Nothing too unexpected though.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

Interviewed at Union Bank N.A.

Interview Details – it was very brief did not have much to do it was siple and I got hired pretty quickly, I applied online then got a call from the manager and had an interview with them it was very simple and basic to get done I really enjoyed every moment of it.

Interview Question – why did you leave your previous job   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in March 2014.

Interview Details – First contacted by a recruiter over the phone to set up interview date. I was told that normally there would be a phone screening first, but they liked my resume so much that I could be sent straight to the panel interview. I was interviewed by three vice presidents, one of which I would be working with if I was selected for the internship. My panel interview was pretty informal and everyone was very nice, mostly just getting to know you type of questions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Can you make a pivot table?
  Answer Question

Priority Banking Relationship Manager Interview

Priority Banking Relationship Manager
Dana Point, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is set in a group interview format. You will meet with multiple different managers. You are broken into groups of about 10 and you go to different boards of managers. In each station you will be asked to perform a task, some in groups as well as individually. Ranging from selling a product and telling the history of union bank. Based on your perform here you will or will not be selected to meet 1 on 1 with and handful of managers that day. Then if selected you may or may not have a follow up interview with a district manager. Then if you pass that you are in.

Interview Question – The group setting is a bit weird and different but was an interesting experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went back and forth twice with the recruiter until we agreed upon a salary.

SRB Interview

SRB

Interviewed at Union Bank N.A.

Interview Details – Applied online, went to a banker recruitment day which you interview with different types of management and got a response about 2 weeks later. I started about a month later.

Interview Question – It was a day when all the bankers go to a location and interview with different management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate.

Financial Services Officer Interview

Financial Services Officer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then they call your for an in person interview.

Interview Question – there were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Priority Banking Relationship Manager Interview

Priority Banking Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview Details – Went through interview process and was offered job, only to be told in the last final hours that the person ended up staying and the position was not going to be hired again.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty easy, not very difficult.   View Answer

Student Intern Interview

Student Intern

Interview Details – 1 phone interview waiting for on site interview

Worked for Union Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!