Union Bank N.A.

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

FX Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

I had an internal contact who told me about the opening and referred my resume to the hiring manager. I received an email from a recruiter about two weeks later. Phone interview first: simple questions gauging my knowledge of the company and availability to work. Second/final interview in the office with 3 team members and the manager. All were very friendly. Mostly behavioral with some technical questions (mostly about global markets).

Interview Questions
    • Explain the recent euro rally and what fundamental factors are behind it.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Union Bank N.A..

First off, it's never a good sign when the entire office is filled with somber looking employees who don't even smile at one another. The entire interview was a bust; the Recruiter had no idea how to ask questions or conduct an interview professionally. You would think that somebody who speaks to people all day would have better communication skills.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

3 total interviews. Last interview was in person meeting with projects managers. Fits two interviews were mostly centered around my experience and its match to their environment. They dig deep into your experience and different business solutions over the course of the project.

Interview Questions
    • Though the role was functional, questions were mostly based on technical skills in the past   Answer Question

Senior Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in August 2014.

Applied online thru website. I got a call about 2 weeks later. I went thru a group interview of about 6 candidates. 2 panel interviews and 3 one on one interviews. same day got the offer.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. they were offering more than what i was making.

Teller Interview

it was very brief did not have much to do it was siple and I got hired pretty quickly, I applied online then got a call from the manager and had an interview with them it was very simple and basic to get done I really enjoyed every moment of it.

SRB Interview

Applied online, went to a banker recruitment day which you interview with different types of management and got a response about 2 weeks later. I started about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a day when all the bankers go to a location and interview with different management.   Answer Question
    did not negotiate.

Priority Banking Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Went through interview process and was offered job, only to be told in the last final hours that the person ended up staying and the position was not going to be hired again.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty easy, not very difficult.   View Answer

Student Intern Interview

1 phone interview waiting for on site interview

Credit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in April 2014.

Applied on-line, and through a former employee who directed me to their posting. 2 weeks later I received an e-mail from Juan Donis who scheduled a phone interview the following day. Simple interview questions. Asked about excel experience 1-10, if you rate yourself in the upper half of that scale prepare to be asked a few technical questions about those skills.(i.e. V-lookups, H-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc). Make yourself as available as possible for an interview. I was working full time and was looking to transition, but my availability to interview was limited, which reflected negatively. They also do not want to hear that you are waiting to hear from other companies, or that you have other interviews lined up. I had 2 and told them, and they didn't like it.

I did eventually get a follow-up panel interview a week later. I was asked a few behavioral questions, and other common interview questions. I remember them asking if I had any experience "building customer relationships" and to provide an example. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary. I did really well in the interview wasn't caught off guard by anything, I believe they were looking for someone with more an accounting background, greater availability, and who didn't have to transition out of full-time job. (I hold a B.A. in Political Science-Public Law with a minor in Business Economics.)

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with v-lookups, h-lookups, pivot tables, and analyzing financial statements? Do you have any experience with building customer relationships? Describe a time you taught someone something. Nothing too unexpected though.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A..

The whole interview process took almost a month. Had two phone interviews and then in person interview in San Francisco