Union Bank N.A. Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in March 2014.

First contacted by a recruiter over the phone to set up interview date. I was told that normally there would be a phone screening first, but they liked my resume so much that I could be sent straight to the panel interview. I was interviewed by three vice presidents, one of which I would be working with if I was selected for the internship. My panel interview was pretty informal and everyone was very nice, mostly just getting to know you type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Can you make a pivot table?

Answer Question

Portfolio Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A..

I was contacted for a phone interview, asking basic history and work experience as well as financial background. It seemed like the interviewer was looking for a few key words to be brought up, especially pertaining to an Excel background, and anything with risk or cash flows. The second day took about three hours with three different people, but it was all very relaxed. They seemed more interested in getting to know me than quizzing me on experience. Mostly behavioral questions about my interests and past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What major would you be if you were not Finance or business?   View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in May 2013.

Referred by former employee. Had two round of phone interviews. The second round was narrowed to only 2 candidates. Nothing technical. More about past experience, very detailed questions. Also asked about interested fields/ sector in the team.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in April 2013.

Sent in an application through the online career website.
    Received an email requesting a phone interview from a University Relations Recruiter.
    Conducted a phone interview with the Uni Recruiter.
    Drove up to Los Angeles for an interview with three of the Senior VPs of the division
    Received an offer within a week - accepted the offer, negotiated about compensation and hourly wage

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Explain your career path and how you hope to accomplish this.   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite book and why?   Answer Question
    What would you like your compensation to be?
    When can you begin? (very lenient for your starting date as all universities run on different systems, e.g. semester vs. quarter, east vs west coast.

Credit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in July 2012.

i applied online and got a phone interview invitation

Investment Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in May 2012.

I got a phone interview from a recruiter after applying for the internship through a referral. A few days later, had 30 mins phone interviews with one Portfolio Manager and two VPs. Got the job offer a few hours after the phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you can work anywhere, tell me the top 5 companies that you want to work for and why   Answer Question
    I had another offer at the time of the interview so I was able to negotiate the salary to beat my other offer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in July 2010.

Interview with Direct Manager, Department Head and our Operations Manager

Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Bank N.A. in June 2010.

I interviewed on 2 separate occasions, for two different positions. Both were preceded by a phone 'screening' interview. The first interview went well, and I was told they'd get back to me 'either way.' Never heard a word.
    The second interview didn't go too well. One of the interviewers just didn't like me. She might as well have been wearing a sign. She started asking me about qualifications that I didn't have, but which weren't listed in the job posting (i.e. bi-lingual skills). Here's a news flash to employers: list ALL of the job requirements in the posting - otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

The interviews left me with a poor impression of Union Bank. I don't think I'd want to work there, or bank there.