Union Bank N.A.

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in April 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in an application through the online career website.
Received an email requesting a phone interview from a University Relations Recruiter.
Conducted a phone interview with the Uni Recruiter.
Drove up to Los Angeles for an interview with three of the Senior VPs of the division
Received an offer within a week - accepted the offer, negotiated about compensation and hourly wage

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Explain your career path and how you hope to accomplish this.   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite book and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What would you like your compensation to be?
When can you begin? (very lenient for your starting date as all universities run on different systems, e.g. semester vs. quarter, east vs west coast.

Portfolio Analytics Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A..

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview, asking basic history and work experience as well as financial background. It seemed like the interviewer was looking for a few key words to be brought up, especially pertaining to an Excel background, and anything with risk or cash flows. The second day took about three hours with three different people, but it was all very relaxed. They seemed more interested in getting to know me than quizzing me on experience. Mostly behavioral questions about my interests and past work experience.

Interview Question – What major would you be if you were not Finance or business?   View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in May 2013.

Interview Details – Referred by former employee. Had two round of phone interviews. The second round was narrowed to only 2 candidates. Nothing technical. More about past experience, very detailed questions. Also asked about interested fields/ sector in the team.

Interview Question – What's your target team? Modeling, strategies, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Direct Manager, Department Head and our Operations Manager

Investment Analyst Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in May 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview from a recruiter after applying for the internship through a referral. A few days later, had 30 mins phone interviews with one Portfolio Manager and two VPs. Got the job offer a few hours after the phone interviews.

Interview Question – If you can work anywhere, tell me the top 5 companies that you want to work for and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer at the time of the interview so I was able to negotiate the salary to beat my other offer.

Senior Operational RIsk Analyst Interview

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in January 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interview and one in person interview. Process took 5 months from initial resume posting to actual offer letter. Interviewed with senior level executives that I never even met in person,

Interview Question – Why are you looking for work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 4 weeks vacation time, VP title and a relocation package.

Credit Associate Interview

Credit Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in July 2012.

Interview Details – i applied online and got a phone interview invitation

Credit Associate Interview

Credit Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a response after 2 weeks to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to come in along with 20 other candidates for a presentation given by the Credit Associate Manager. We were then instructed to write a one page essay answering our understanding of the position and why we wanted it (due by the end of the week). The final step in the process is a panel interview with mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions. My advice is to actively participate during the information session and take thorough notes to use when writing the essay.

Operations Management Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed on 2 separate occasions, for two different positions. Both were preceded by a phone 'screening' interview. The first interview went well, and I was told they'd get back to me 'either way.' Never heard a word.
The second interview didn't go too well. One of the interviewers just didn't like me. She might as well have been wearing a sign. She started asking me about qualifications that I didn't have, but which weren't listed in the job posting (i.e. bi-lingual skills). Here's a news flash to employers: list ALL of the job requirements in the posting - otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

The interviews left me with a poor impression of Union Bank. I don't think I'd want to work there, or bank there.

Interview Question – Do you have California health and insurance licenses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Bank N.A. in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with pivot tables?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Union Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Union Bank N.A. interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Union Bank N.A. employees and interview candidates.