Union Bankshares Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Bankshares

Full Time Tellar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Union Bankshares in September 2012.

I applied at Union First Market bank and about a week later received a email asking if I could give a phone call for questions about my application. I called and spoke with a recruiter we scheduled a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview she was on time and we started with questions about my previous history and banking experience. I have had years of banking and cash handling experience, she then asked some behavioral questions(what would you do,Name a time) and she said that I had advanced to the next level and would be receiving 2 tests and to complete them and she would email me back.

The next day I completed these tests, the first one was a Teller Simulation that most banks use and shows a customer and you have to respond to them and count cash. Very easy. The second test was a personality test that was 200 questions. Yes 200 questions, It took me about 45 minutes to complete this test. The next day I had an email from an Administrative Assistant and she gave me two times for Face to Face interviews at the Pantops branch.

The following week I arrived at my interview and met with the Lead Teller and the Branch Manager. The lead teller asked most of the questions and was very friendly, the branch manager however was digging through her purse and seemed very disinterested in me. She then asked if I had any questions and I responded with what is the Salary Range she replied that it is Negotiable. At the end she said that I would hear something the following week. The next week I received another email from the same Admin Assistant with times to meet with a Market Manager for the Charlottesville,VA region I selected a time for the next day.

I arrived the next day to meet with the Market Manager. She was very friendly and asked some of the same questions the Lead Teller did. We then started to discuss pay and she stated she was unsure of the range but looked at my last salary and said that it would be nowhere near there. That would be like a 3 dollar cut and I could be a Janitor for what they were willing to pay.

About a month went by before I got a phone call saying the position was filled.

Overall it seems like a good place to work but please be aware the Pay is very poor in comparison of other banks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a Time when you were unable to complete a task. Explain the results   Answer Question

Fsa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Bankshares in January 2011.

The interview consisted of experience based recollections relating to the current position. The questioning was directed at your situational reactions and the outcomes. You are encouraged to define times within your educational and work environments that a problem occurred and what you did to solve the problem The interview lasted an hour and involved two interviewers. The offer came shortly after the interview with an outline of benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Base pay

Manager Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Union Bankshares in April 2011.

Very informal and open. Questions answer and I was allowed to speak. More of a conversation than a formal interview. Very impressive!

Interview Questions
    Be real. If you like banking, care about customers and beleive sales come from GREAT customer service and a happy staff, this is your bank.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Bankshares in March 2010.

The Interview consisted of 7 Market Managers and the Retail Banking Exec. It was a situational question interview. Lots of scenario questions. Not too bad. Everyone just took notes during most of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince a customer that Union's products were the best?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to coach an employee that was not performing to the best of their ability?   Answer Question
    Nothing- already worked for the company- it was a promotion

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Bankshares in February 2010.

-Introduced myself at university career fair in October
    -Received a call back 3 months later in January to set-up 1:1 interview in person (basic behavioral questions oriented around customer service, no technicals)
    -Received a call back 15 days later after initial interview that I had moved onto the 2nd round which was exactly like the initial interview however it was with a different person in HR.
    -Received a call one month later after initial interview (late February) with job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a disagreement with your superior and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation