Union Beer Distributors

Profile Unclaimed

Union Beer Distributors Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

My interview process was a breeze. I first talked to someone in HR, then immediately got sent to a manager, then a higher-up manager. Everyone was super friendly, joking, but at the same time very well composed and articulate, asking questions about previous employment, and what set me apart from everyone else. Very conventional experience. Was offered a position that day but was also informed that this was a rare occurrence.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I be offered a position over the guy they interviewed yesterday?   View Answer
    No room for negotiation. They start everyone at the same base pay.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

I was contacted pretty fast after applying for the position. Regrettably the only good things about Union Beer distribution. First interview is with the recruiter typical interview questions. Even though i said i didn't want to work for the middle man. She forwarded me for second interview with first line manager. They kept hinting towards working you till you pass out on a very low compensation package. They try to get you with bonus and what not but it is not worth it. Very prude and dull managers. I was offered the position however i decline to work like a slave and not have much in return.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work till the work is done?   View Answer

Terrible compensation for 50+ work weeks. managers seemed incompetent the guy cursed in a interview for god sake. The only cool thing.

CDL Route Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Application, test on a computer, interview by HR, operations Manager, and operations supervisor. Drug test, physical test, hire date!

Good news to me!

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors in January 2014.

I spoke with 4 different people over the course of 2 days. First you speak to their recruiter, she screens your resume, and gets a feel for your personality. Then you talk to 3 of the sales executives individually and they all ask you a bit about the craft beer industry why you want the job, why you would be good for it ect. They ask you quick questions that force you to think on your feet to get a feel for your people skills should you have to deal with a difficult client. PS: They really like to hear about how they're the largest craft beer distributor in NY.

Interview Questions

Didn't decline, still debating if i should take it.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

The first round interview had 3 parts.
    1) An initial ten minute basic interview with an HR rep
    2) An excel test
    3) After they score your test you interview with a member of the sales dept. He gives a more job specific interview and explains the position

Overall the process was not too difficult although the test surprised me. Expect to wait a lot. It took around 45 minutes until the initial interviewer spoke to me and the it took another hour between the test and the second interview. A lot of waiting and no one tells you that you will be waiting (like "he will be with you in a half hour") you just sit there by the entrance as people constantly walk by.

Interview Questions
    • The test was unexpected but not too difficult. Mostly very basic interview questions like why you want the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

You need to know someone to get a job here. Interview is easy. Have a decent knowledge of craft beer, and the bar and restaurant business.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell something to someone who was saying no?   View Answer
    No negotiation at first. Chance to negotiate at a 6 month review.

Night Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors in September 2012.

It was a three step process: Phone interview, Meeting with Ops Mgr and GM followed by, Meeting with Hiring manager and subsequent background check and drug test. The interviews were not personal but just to get a feel for one's management style and experience.

Interview Questions
    It wasn't too bad. Got what I wanted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors in May 2011.

It was very simple direct questions, nothing too difficult.

Sales Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Union Beer Distributors in July 2009.

I applied online and heard back from the recruiter. My first interview was with this recruiter. Very basic interview: what interests me about the industry/company/sales analyst position; what are my strengths/weaknesses; maybe some other stuff of this nature. Nothing technical or too difficult. I got asked back for a second interview with a woman who would be my immediate supervisor. It was very informal, consisting mostly of her telling me about the duties of the position and asking me if I had any questions. I had a third interview with the assistant general manager. Again, no tough questions. Mostly just wanted to get to know me to see if he wanted to hire me. Asked me if I had any questions about the company/job, what interested me about it, etc. The overall process was pretty informal. Wearing a suit and tie, I was the most well dressed at all three interviews. Among my first impressions was that people were laid back, and this turned out to be true. Anyone planning to interview at Union Beer should just be comfortable talking about their background and why they want to work at the company. Don't get stressed; it won't be bad at all.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. My offer was in the range for which I was hoping.