Union Beer Distributors

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Interview Details – I was contacted pretty fast after applying for the position. Regrettably the only good things about Union Beer distribution. First interview is with the recruiter typical interview questions. Even though i said i didn't want to work for the middle man. She forwarded me for second interview with first line manager. They kept hinting towards working you till you pass out on a very low compensation package. They try to get you with bonus and what not but it is not worth it. Very prude and dull managers. I was offered the position however i decline to work like a slave and not have much in return.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work till the work is done?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Terrible compensation for 50+ work weeks. managers seemed incompetent the guy cursed in a interview for god sake. The only cool thing.

CDL Route Truck Driver Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Interview Details – Application, test on a computer, interview by HR, operations Manager, and operations supervisor. Drug test, physical test, hire date!

Negotiation Details – Good news to me!

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors in January 2014.

Interview Details – I spoke with 4 different people over the course of 2 days. First you speak to their recruiter, she screens your resume, and gets a feel for your personality. Then you talk to 3 of the sales executives individually and they all ask you a bit about the craft beer industry why you want the job, why you would be good for it ect. They ask you quick questions that force you to think on your feet to get a feel for your people skills should you have to deal with a difficult client. PS: They really like to hear about how they're the largest craft beer distributor in NY.

Interview Question – Unexpected: So you want to sell beer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't decline, still debating if i should take it.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Interview Details – The first round interview had 3 parts.
1) An initial ten minute basic interview with an HR rep
2) An excel test
3) After they score your test you interview with a member of the sales dept. He gives a more job specific interview and explains the position

Overall the process was not too difficult although the test surprised me. Expect to wait a lot. It took around 45 minutes until the initial interviewer spoke to me and the it took another hour between the test and the second interview. A lot of waiting and no one tells you that you will be waiting (like "he will be with you in a half hour") you just sit there by the entrance as people constantly walk by.

Interview Question – The test was unexpected but not too difficult. Mostly very basic interview questions like why you want the job.   Answer Question

Night Shift Supervisor Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a three step process: Phone interview, Meeting with Ops Mgr and GM followed by, Meeting with Hiring manager and subsequent background check and drug test. The interviews were not personal but just to get a feel for one's management style and experience.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It wasn't too bad. Got what I wanted.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors.

Interview Details – You need to know someone to get a job here. Interview is easy. Have a decent knowledge of craft beer, and the bar and restaurant business.

Interview Question – How would you sell something to someone who was saying no?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at first. Chance to negotiate at a 6 month review.

Intern Interview

Brooklyn, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was very simple direct questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Sales Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Beer Distributors in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back from the recruiter. My first interview was with this recruiter. Very basic interview: what interests me about the industry/company/sales analyst position; what are my strengths/weaknesses; maybe some other stuff of this nature. Nothing technical or too difficult. I got asked back for a second interview with a woman who would be my immediate supervisor. It was very informal, consisting mostly of her telling me about the duties of the position and asking me if I had any questions. I had a third interview with the assistant general manager. Again, no tough questions. Mostly just wanted to get to know me to see if he wanted to hire me. Asked me if I had any questions about the company/job, what interested me about it, etc. The overall process was pretty informal. Wearing a suit and tie, I was the most well dressed at all three interviews. Among my first impressions was that people were laid back, and this turned out to be true. Anyone planning to interview at Union Beer should just be comfortable talking about their background and why they want to work at the company. Don't get stressed; it won't be bad at all.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to major in economics?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. My offer was in the range for which I was hoping.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Union Beer Distributors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Union Beer Distributors interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Union Beer Distributors employees and interview candidates.