Union County College Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.5

Interview

Met with administrators on a search committee. None seemed to know much about student activities. Each asked one question, then the Dean of Students, an older woman, asked questions about the responsibilities on my resume. She wanted some kind of proof that I had actually done what i had listed on the resume. I wanted to ask questions at the end of the interview but they did not allow it so I left.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Union County College.

Interview

My particular job came via a temp agency. But you still get interviewed by the department heads before you are chosen.

Interview Questions

• "What are your goals in this position?"   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Union County College (Cranford, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Responded to an online ad for adjuncts, and was contacted to attend a large, school-wide interview session. We were interviewed by Department heads and called one at a time. I was first.

Interview Questions

• I was only really asked one question, and it involved a paper I wrote. The interview was very informal and my resume showed I was qualified. We discussed Shakespeare productions in the general area. My advice would be to know what is on your resume and to be yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as there are pay grades.

Student Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union County College (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

One panel interview with the Coordinator, Student Services and three to four other counselors. Finalists meet with the VP of Student Affairs. The process takes anywhere from two to four weeks from the initial contact depending on the urgency of staffing needs.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical, but the interview with the VP is the least predictable one. He doesn't ask a lot of specific questions, but rather does most of the talking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer very little opportunity for negotiation. I received an offer letter right before Christmas Eve when the college was closed for a week. I'm not sure what the result would have been if I had asked for a better salary. They are good about accepting any pre-planned vacations, or scheduling restrictions for the first year as long as you let them know before your start date. In general, Student Services employees (Counseling, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, and Recruitment) are not allowed to take vacation in January or August due to heavy registration, so if you need vacation time during those months, make it a condition of hire before you accept an offer.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Union County College.

Interview

The window opens twice a year, usually during summer and winter. Interview is on hands job, they will tell you to type something, record a game....