Union County College Interview Questions

2.0

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Union County College in November 2013.

Responded to an online ad for adjuncts, and was contacted to attend a large, school-wide interview session. We were interviewed by Department heads and called one at a time. I was first.

Interview Questions
    • I was only really asked one question, and it involved a paper I wrote. The interview was very informal and my resume showed I was qualified. We discussed Shakespeare productions in the general area. My advice would be to know what is on your resume and to be yourself.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation as there are pay grades.

Clerk - Filing & Scanning Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Union County College.

My particular job came via a temp agency. But you still get interviewed by the department heads before you are chosen.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your goals in this position?"   View Answer

Student Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Union County College.

One panel interview with the Coordinator, Student Services and three to four other counselors. Finalists meet with the VP of Student Affairs. The process takes anywhere from two to four weeks from the initial contact depending on the urgency of staffing needs.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical, but the interview with the VP is the least predictable one. He doesn't ask a lot of specific questions, but rather does most of the talking.   View Answer
    They offer very little opportunity for negotiation. I received an offer letter right before Christmas Eve when the college was closed for a week. I'm not sure what the result would have been if I had asked for a better salary. They are good about accepting any pre-planned vacations, or scheduling restrictions for the first year as long as you let them know before your start date. In general, Student Services employees (Counseling, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, and Recruitment) are not allowed to take vacation in January or August due to heavy registration, so if you need vacation time during those months, make it a condition of hire before you accept an offer.

Student Worker Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Union County College.

The window opens twice a year, usually during summer and winter. Interview is on hands job, they will tell you to type something, record a game....

Interview Questions

Worked for Union County College? Contribute to the Community!