Union County College

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk - Filing & Scanning Interview

Clerk - Filing & Scanning

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Union County College.

Interview Details – My particular job came via a temp agency. But you still get interviewed by the department heads before you are chosen.

Interview Question – "What are your goals in this position?"   View Answer

Student Development Specialist Interview

Student Development Specialist
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Union County College.

Interview Details – One panel interview with the Coordinator, Student Services and three to four other counselors. Finalists meet with the VP of Student Affairs. The process takes anywhere from two to four weeks from the initial contact depending on the urgency of staffing needs.

Interview Question – The questions were typical, but the interview with the VP is the least predictable one. He doesn't ask a lot of specific questions, but rather does most of the talking.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer very little opportunity for negotiation. I received an offer letter right before Christmas Eve when the college was closed for a week. I'm not sure what the result would have been if I had asked for a better salary. They are good about accepting any pre-planned vacations, or scheduling restrictions for the first year as long as you let them know before your start date. In general, Student Services employees (Counseling, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, and Recruitment) are not allowed to take vacation in January or August due to heavy registration, so if you need vacation time during those months, make it a condition of hire before you accept an offer.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union County College.

Interview Details – The window opens twice a year, usually during summer and winter. Interview is on hands job, they will tell you to type something, record a game....

Interview Question – There was no tricky question.   Answer Question

Worked for Union County College? Contribute to the Community!