Union Electric Steel Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Electric Steel

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carnegie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carnegie, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Union Electric Steel in May 2011.

The interview process was straight forward and easy. I was greeted when I arrived and instructed where to go and who to meet. The interview was casual and not to upfront and intimidating. The HR department was very good, and the other members of the board, ended up being my boss was great as well. They let me know within the next few hours of them hiring me. All around great company and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really recall but they questioned my schooling a lot.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Union Electric Steel in January 2011.

I have never been so encouraged to not accept a job offer. I was warned multiple times that the company was not well-equipped to deal with women. Limited women's rooms, no women's shower, and no plans to make anything. I was told that I would be around "men being men" and should be fully prepared to overhear crude language and jokes on occasion. While I was assured that none of this would likely happen in my presence, that fact that I was strongly cautioned about it was a large turn off. By the time I left the interview, I felt like they were actually trying to discourage me from wanting the job. It was like they were only interviewing me to fill their Equal Opportunity requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle being around lots of "working-class" men, which may include crude language and jokes? While this will probably not happen right in front of you, you may overhear obscene remarks and jokes.   Answer Question

Worked for Union Electric Steel? Contribute to the Community!