Union Pacific ACCOUNT Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter through Linkedin, then we set up on on-campus interview following meeting again at a career fair. Within 2 weeks I was asked to apply online for the position, where I was chosen in about 48 hours for an onsite interview in Omaha at the UP Center.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Interviewed on Campus, behavioral type questions very nice people. Glamorized the position as a sales position with rapid advancement. Really Focused on team-work, and cultural fit. If selected invited to come to HQ in Omaha. Put you up in a Hotel. (Room had Silverfish) Interview at HQ was a exhausting experience. Local talent pool evident as majority of people were from Nebraska, or Iowa. IF you have a GPA lower the 3.5 prepared to be looked down upon. Initial recruiters at Campus very hospitable in regards to tips for success. HQ interview very brutal, five people in the manner of 3.5 hour period. Employees put on happy faces for new recruits, noticed the gray hairs, balding employees. Get ready for Cubicles, headsets, and Blackberry Devices. Very diverse. Do hire african americans and minorities. Overall decent experience. Paid for my expenses, which was nice of them. For sure seemed as if they hired people with logistic backgrounds, or must be a Husker. Or Like I mentioned before stellar student. Overall I feel I did not get the job because of my lack luster GPA, and potential entrepreneurial background. Felt I would have rocked my cubicle if given an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• IF you owned a watch company how would you go about running it. (Something like that)
      Why Union Pacific?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in October 2010.

Interview

Met them at our college career fair. They were really welcoming and did their best to make the candidates feel wanted, however, they did provide false information. Initial interview was on campus, then we were selected for second round. This one is tedious as there will be at least 5 interviews with various individuals at the company.

Interview Questions

• Process related questions...that change from time to time. They are looking for how quick you think on your feet   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was offered one of the higher pays for this job.