Union Pacific

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2010.

Interview Details – Met them at our college career fair. They were really welcoming and did their best to make the candidates feel wanted, however, they did provide false information. Initial interview was on campus, then we were selected for second round. This one is tedious as there will be at least 5 interviews with various individuals at the company.

Interview Question – Process related questions...that change from time to time. They are looking for how quick you think on your feet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I was offered one of the higher pays for this job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

ACCOUNT Representative Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview Details – Interviewed on Campus, behavioral type questions very nice people. Glamorized the position as a sales position with rapid advancement. Really Focused on team-work, and cultural fit. If selected invited to come to HQ in Omaha. Put you up in a Hotel. (Room had Silverfish) Interview at HQ was a exhausting experience. Local talent pool evident as majority of people were from Nebraska, or Iowa. IF you have a GPA lower the 3.5 prepared to be looked down upon. Initial recruiters at Campus very hospitable in regards to tips for success. HQ interview very brutal, five people in the manner of 3.5 hour period. Employees put on happy faces for new recruits, noticed the gray hairs, balding employees. Get ready for Cubicles, headsets, and Blackberry Devices. Very diverse. Do hire african americans and minorities. Overall decent experience. Paid for my expenses, which was nice of them. For sure seemed as if they hired people with logistic backgrounds, or must be a Husker. Or Like I mentioned before stellar student. Overall I feel I did not get the job because of my lack luster GPA, and potential entrepreneurial background. Felt I would have rocked my cubicle if given an opportunity.

Interview Question – IF you owned a watch company how would you go about running it. (Something like that)
Why Union Pacific?
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Pacific

Worked for Union Pacific? Contribute to the Community!

Union Pacific Videos

Union Pacific – Why Work for Us?

As a railroad, we can get just about anything from point A to point B. (As North America's largest railroad, we can get it to point Z, too.) But what's truly special about Union Pacific is the way we get the job done… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Union Pacific ACCOUNT Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Union Pacific employees and interview candidates.