Union Pacific Applications Developer Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2013.

They have multiple rounds, I have received an interview call from the University career center.
1) Behavioral Interview at the University
2) Aptitude test at OMAHA
3) Technical Interview

Interview Questions
  • In first round of Interview, most of the questions are simple and straightforward.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in February 2012.

Basic standard set of questions what other people have posted till now.
    mostly behavioral, explained about my projects.
    1. explain a situation where you had to lead a team
    2. Suppose you have conflict with team mate or your super visor how would you solve it.
    3. Explain a situation where you were overwhelmed by a new project and how did you deal with it.
    4. what strengths and weaknesses can you bring to the company and so on
    Only technical was what is an object and a class?

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you were overwhelmed by a new project and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • Suppose you have conflict with team mate or your super visor how would you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2011.

1:1 interview contained only general behavior questions like ‘what are your strengths and weakness’ 'why UP' 'Why application developer?' 'How to deal with conflict?'
    On-site interview was a good experience. They provide very nice hotel before the night. Most of the interviewers are friendly and nice. Only general behavior questions asked. Be confident and show yourself. That's all
    BAPT test wasn't hard

Applications Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2010.

Hiring Process is smooth. The BAPT test is pretty simple although its called Advanced Programing Test its just an aptitude test and no programing knowledge is required. Simple plain logic.
    2 panel interviews. Pretty straight forward. The usual behavorial about team player, leadership and time management skills.
    The applications development seems to be hiring a lot of developers. Its easy to get in. Descisions are made quickly and they give you a nice Hotel to stay in when they call you on site.

Interview Questions

I am still considering it.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in June 2010.

The interview was set up with three individuals who interview you at the same time. They ask you questions based on your programming experience, such as What do you think the major difference between Java and C++ is? Both of which, I have experience in. After this panel interview, an aptitude test was administered, which I was told takes about 2 hours. The test is relatively easy as long as you understand how to program.

Interview Questions

Worked for Union Pacific? Contribute to the Community!