Union Pacific Applications Development Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Operations Manager (12)
- Train Crew (8)
- Transportation Associate (7)
- IT (5)
- Applications Developer (4)
- Railroad Conductor (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Apprentice Train Dispatcher (4)
- Train Crewman (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Operations Management Trainee (3)
- Corporate Auditor (2)
- Locomotive Engineer (2)
- Conductor (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Business Manager (2)
- Diesel Locomotive Electrician (2)
- Electronics Technician (2)
- Project Engineer (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Account Representative (2)
- Transportation Manager - Operations Management Training Program (2)
- OMT (2)
- Opperations Management Progrmam (1)
- OMT Training (1)
- Director of Terminal Operations (1)
- Track Maintenance Manager (1)
- Transportation Operations Manager Trainee (1)
- Engineering Manager (Electrical/Signal) - Operations Management Training Program (1)
Applications Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university - interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2013.
Interview Details – They have multiple rounds, I have received an interview call from the University career center.
1) Behavioral Interview at the University
2) Aptitude test at OMAHA
3) Technical Interview
Interview Question – In first round of Interview, most of the questions are simple and straightforward. View Answer
Very Easy Interview
Applications Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in February 2012.
Interview Details – Basic standard set of questions what other people have posted till now.
mostly behavioral, explained about my projects.
1. explain a situation where you had to lead a team
2. Suppose you have conflict with team mate or your super visor how would you solve it.
3. Explain a situation where you were overwhelmed by a new project and how did you deal with it.
4. what strengths and weaknesses can you bring to the company and so on
Only technical was what is an object and a class?
Applications Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2011.
Interview Details – 1:1 interview contained only general behavior questions like ‘what are your strengths and weakness’ 'why UP' 'Why application developer?' 'How to deal with conflict?'
On-site interview was a good experience. They provide very nice hotel before the night. Most of the interviewers are friendly and nice. Only general behavior questions asked. Be confident and show yourself. That's all
BAPT test wasn't hard
Applications Development Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Union Pacific in October 2010.
Interview Details – Hiring Process is smooth. The BAPT test is pretty simple although its called Advanced Programing Test its just an aptitude test and no programing knowledge is required. Simple plain logic.
2 panel interviews. Pretty straight forward. The usual behavorial about team player, leadership and time management skills.
The applications development seems to be hiring a lot of developers. Its easy to get in. Descisions are made quickly and they give you a nice Hotel to stay in when they call you on site.
- Why UP? Answer Question
- Usual behavorial and few questions from your resume. Nothing unexpected or too difficult Answer Question
Reason for Declining – I am still considering it.
Applications Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in June 2010.
Interview Details – The interview was set up with three individuals who interview you at the same time. They ask you questions based on your programming experience, such as What do you think the major difference between Java and C++ is? Both of which, I have experience in. After this panel interview, an aptitude test was administered, which I was told takes about 2 hours. The test is relatively easy as long as you understand how to program.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Pacific