Union Pacific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Freight Conductor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Pretty basic and they gave a small example of what to expect.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Very relaxed interview in my opinion

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had difficulty in a group and what you did about it   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Hired when completing undgrad. On campus interview with HR manager, then full day interview at HQ. Several mini 30 min interviews with various directors and managers, lunch, and then a panel interview. Very standard interview questions - tell me about an instance when you..., tell me about your streangths and weakness. . Nothing technical. No test or anything.

Interview Questions
    They sent me a letter with my salary and I accepted.

Conductor Interview

You will be called to a hiring session which wil have around 30 people in it. You will start with a small presentation about the job which includes a speech to scare you away from it. After the speech you will be given a reading test that is about 20 questions long. If you pass this test you will be given an interview on the spot.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Was contacted during my career fair with a simple interview after. Then was flown out to Omaha and went through a day of 5 Panel Interviews which was pretty repetitive. Union Pacific has a great building and company.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Union Pacific.

Applied on their website and also on my college department trough career services. Received and invitation for an On-campus interview. The lady that interviewed me was pretty nice and helpful. Ask behavioral and some basic programming to test your abilities. Received follow up interview but declined.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. Whats the difference between a class and an object?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Relevant work experience
    Demonstrate the skills needed for job
    leadership skills
    team work
    Technical knowledge

IT Interview

The interview was very traditional but most of the questions were read from a sheet of paper. Nothing particularly hard or deep in the questions. Standard all around but he was very good in the part where the interviewee asks the questions. He seemed very interested in the interview and his job and was courteous throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to ask for help and what was it and how did it go?   Answer Question

I got a better counter offer from another company

Apprentice Train Dispatcher Interview

I received UPs Hiring Session E-mail last night while at work, but was unable to access the link on my Mobile Device and was unable to access a PC until I returned home. Upon arriving home, I expeditiously attempted to sign up online for the session, but was unable. So, I immediately notified Director HR Customer Services of this leaving them a voicemail. This morning I contacted the other H.R. phone # listed on the E-mail for the Service Center. They happily offered to fix the problem, but noticed the seats were full. They advised me to contact Director HR Customer Services and explain what happened and if there was a way to get into the session OR if they would open another session. I left two voicemails: one on office and one on cell phones.
    Within 24hrs the problem was rectified. Now awaiting the hiring session...

Interview Questions
    • Clicking submit for the hiring session and getting no response   Answer Question

Railroad Conductor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview was with several candidates. Over 30 in one room. Plan to be there all day. Found out only hiring 3 positions. No call that night, but did get called the next day. After hired the class wasnt bad. Rather easy. Just plan on getting paid very little for 12-14 weeks.