Union Pacific

Updated Dec 27, 2014
Updated Dec 27, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Union Pacific in October 2012.

I met a recruiter at a campus job fair. From there I was invited to attend a presentation about the company and signed up for a one on one interview after the presentation and dinner. I did well in the interview and was quickly setup for an onsite interview. Three days before the onsite interview I received a call saying they were canceling the remaining onsite interviews. The recruiter never would give me a straight answer about what happened. Several other students had the same interaction.

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Union Pacific in January 2008.

Union Pacific Railroad gave me a great opportunity. They were very professional and seemed to have a great group of people and a good employee culture. The sectors of the business varied enormously and the management of all levels of the company seemed a monumental task, although accomplished quite thoroughly. The interview was formal and a good experience at large corporation operation as I was nearly a new college grad.

Interview Questions

Non-competitive offer, rigid relocation required for advancement, union issues

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Union Pacific in May 2011.

First met the recruiter at the career fair and was selected to have a one on one interview the next day. The interview was fairly straight forward. What is a problem you faced and how did you solve it type questions. After the interview took a 3 hour long personality and intelligence test.

Interview Questions
    • What was a problem you faced in the work place and how did you solve it?   Answer Question