Union Pacific Operations Manager Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in August 2010.

This review is for the FIRST interview was for the Ops Manager Training program - Transportation. The process was pretty standard for the industry, with a intelligence test consisting of several parts, the only one you could really study for is the analogies portion which is very similar to the SAT version. There's also a "profile" you must meet, which is established by the personality exam that consists of a large battery of questions, many of which are asked in different ways multiple times. This test is designed to check your consistency of responses - with the company looking for hard working, team oriented, self starting employees with integrity.

The interview was also just a typical interview. No real wrenches thrown in, just keep in mind that SAFETY is not just a process, it is the JOB. If you have examples of exercising leadership, safety decisions, etc, those are helpful.

I did receive the invitation to go to the second interview. I will post about my experiences in Omaha when I get back.

Interview Questions
  • Do you believe all accidents can be prevented?   View Answer

Worked for Union Pacific? Contribute to the Community!