Union Pacific

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview Details – Applied on their website and also on my college department trough career services. Received and invitation for an On-campus interview. The lady that interviewed me was pretty nice and helpful. Ask behavioral and some basic programming to test your abilities. Received follow up interview but declined.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. Whats the difference between a class and an object?   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Pacific in March 2008.

Interview Details – they have multiple rounds of interviews. Usually a panel interview.
first 5 minutes is a ice breaker.
then they get into your resume
then they ask questions like,: where do you see yourself in 5 years
how did you handle conflict, etc

Interview Question – describe a conflict with your boss, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2010.

Interview Details – Basic 1:1 behavioral. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you want to do.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They didn't ask any technical questions and I want to work somewhere that makes people in technical roles answer technical questions.

Worked for Union Pacific? Contribute to the Community!