Union Pacific

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview Details – Applied on their website and also on my college department trough career services. Received and invitation for an On-campus interview. The lady that interviewed me was pretty nice and helpful. Ask behavioral and some basic programming to test your abilities. Received follow up interview but declined.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. Whats the difference between a class and an object?   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Pacific in March 2008.

Interview Details – they have multiple rounds of interviews. Usually a panel interview.
first 5 minutes is a ice breaker.
then they get into your resume
then they ask questions like,: where do you see yourself in 5 years
how did you handle conflict, etc

Interview Question – describe a conflict with your boss, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2010.

Interview Details – Basic 1:1 behavioral. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you want to do.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They didn't ask any technical questions and I want to work somewhere that makes people in technical roles answer technical questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Pacific

Worked for Union Pacific? Contribute to the Community!

Union Pacific Videos

Union Pacific – Why Work for Us?

As a railroad, we can get just about anything from point A to point B. (As North America's largest railroad, we can get it to point Z, too.) But what's truly special about Union Pacific is the way we get the job done… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Union Pacific Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Union Pacific employees and interview candidates.