Union Pacific Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Operations Manager (12)
- Train Crew (8)
- Transportation Associate (7)
- IT (5)
- Applications Developer (4)
- Railroad Conductor (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Apprentice Train Dispatcher (4)
- Train Crewman (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Operations Management Trainee (3)
- Corporate Auditor (2)
- Locomotive Engineer (2)
- Conductor (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Business Manager (2)
- Diesel Locomotive Electrician (2)
- Electronics Technician (2)
- Project Engineer (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Account Representative (2)
- Transportation Manager - Operations Management Training Program (2)
- OMT (2)
- Opperations Management Progrmam (1)
- OMT Training (1)
- Director of Terminal Operations (1)
- Track Maintenance Manager (1)
- Transportation Operations Manager Trainee (1)
- Engineering Manager (Electrical/Signal) - Operations Management Training Program (1)
Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience)
I applied online and interviewed at Union Pacific.
Interview Details – Applied on their website and also on my college department trough career services. Received and invitation for an On-campus interview. The lady that interviewed me was pretty nice and helpful. Ask behavioral and some basic programming to test your abilities. Received follow up interview but declined.
Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. Whats the difference between a class and an object? Answer Question
Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Union Pacific in March 2008.
Interview Details – they have multiple rounds of interviews. Usually a panel interview.
first 5 minutes is a ice breaker.
then they get into your resume
then they ask questions like,: where do you see yourself in 5 years
how did you handle conflict, etc
Interview Question – describe a conflict with your boss, and how you handled it. Answer Question
Very Easy Interview
Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Very Easy Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2010.
Interview Details – Basic 1:1 behavioral. No technical questions.
Interview Question – Tell me about what you want to do. Answer Question
Reason for Declining – They didn't ask any technical questions and I want to work somewhere that makes people in technical roles answer technical questions.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Pacific