Union Square Hospitality Group

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Union Square Hospitality Group

Line Cook At the Modern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group.

Sent my resume via e-mail and got a phone call to schedule an interview. visited the establishment and had an casual interview with the chef. I got an offer within a week and I took the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. just took the job because i really wanted to work there

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Union Square Hospitality Group in January 2011.

I met with the GM and originally I was interviewing for a hostess position. We sat down at a table near the bar and had a one-on-one conversation for about 20 minutes. At this point, I had never worked in a restaurant before and when I expressed a desire to grow in the industry, he encouraged me to switch my focus to a Server Assistant position. I went home to think about what he said and when he called a few days later to offer me the job, I felt like I was already a member of the team. I learned so much as a Server Assistant about the fine details of a restaurant and everyone was very supportive. I eventually became a server, but I'm so grateful for his guidance.

Interview Questions