Uniqlo

Average Difficulty
109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Uniqlo in November 2012.

Interview Details – Wikipedia the history of Uniqlo! It is a group interview so shine. Keep eye contact and interest in the people around you talking as well as the HR manager asking the questions. Pretty Smooth emphasize customer service and greeting!

Interview Question – Give an example where you received good customer service and when you delivered good customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Uniqlo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Heard back within 2 weeks for Skype interview. Then was set up for in person interview basically right on the spot.

Interview Question – How many jeans Uniqlo sold last year?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low offer doesn't justify the work style

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo in September 2013.

Interview Details – The pre-interview process was very thorough. I received many emails from the company stating when and where my interview would take place along with the starting wage which was a great touch. Walking into the store, the associates were not very welcoming and it felt very stiff and corporate. The interview itself was a group interview with 5 other people and it felt as though we were being interrogated rather than being considered as an employee. Overall not the best experience that I've ever had in my life.

Interview Question – What would you do to make sure that each customer that comes into the store will walk out with a bag of clothes when they leave. How would you sell the utmost to them?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because I found full time work elsewhere that promised me a higher hourly rate. Uniqlo was only hiring part time and to survive in San Francisco I needed a higher wage than part time at $11 an hour.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uniqlo Manager Candidate Interview

Uniqlo Manager Candidate

Interviewed at Uniqlo

Interview Details – I was called and asked to do a skype interview several days after a career fair at my college. The interview was scheduled for three days later. There was actually another person interviewing for the same position on the call, but they didn't say anything about that beforehand. During the call, we alternated going first to answer questions.

Interview Question – How many jeans does Uniqlo sell in Japan each year?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview Details – After my interview and drug test they sent me an email telling me that I should come in for orientation. Once I got there they had use sit in a small room to fill out paper work. Once I saw how much they wanted to pay us all of our smiles faded. They had to threaten us to look lively. For a billion dollar company this is just sad.

Interview Question – How do you feel about mean customers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They want mandatory overnights, constant smiling, no talking between coworkers and pays 8.50 per hour.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo in October 2013.

Interview Details – They take 3 people at a time ask hours and simple questions
Then they ask you one on one costumer service questions about 3-4
They email you within 24-48 hours if you're hired.
I was not offered the position...i think they prefer people who have retail experience, and I had costumer service experience but not retail.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview Details – Simple, based on rounds. If you speak out actively and look positive you'll move onto final round

Interview Question – Personality questions, like what animal would you be? You gotta think quick and be creative   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview Details – So far have only done the first process. Was an interview with another candidate and one interviewer. The interview itself was pretty straightforward -- tell me about yourself, a time when you faced a challenge, those kinds of things.

Interview Question – How many pairs of jeans did Uniqlo sell last year?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview Details – Pretty standard. I think the previous people explained the interview process pretty well.

If you're applying not through On-Campus Recruitment, you won't have to complete the YouTube video. You're interview will consist of three rounds: 1.) Skype interview with the regional recruiter, 2.) group interview in San Francisco or New York City, and 3.) one-on-one with executive recruiters.

The first step is pretty much all behavioral questions. Typical questions like: describe a challenging situation with your supervisor and how you resolved it, can you demonstrate that you're customer focused, etc. The interview is thirty-minutes long. Make sure to focus on leadership, team work, and customer service (a MUST).

If you're selected for the next round, the recruiter will schedule a short phone conversation with you to go over the case. Note that this is NOT an interview. He/ she will just tell you what you need to know - not a competitive interview, so work together; know what an income statement is; etc.

The group interview was not as stressful as I expected. All of my fellow interviewees were friendly. And you have to be friendly because UNIQLO values team-work. I even had dinner with my case mates afterwards! We worked together on the underperforming store case. Mind you, we worked TOGETHER throughout - from the case planning to answering the questions. It's fine to disagree, but note that you don't want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. The case was really simple, but keep in mind that thirty-five minutes is NOT a lot of time.

Tip: Make sure to cover all points of the case! Don't get lost on the most obvious problem.

The last step I didn't get to. I was rejected after the group interview with a very uninformative e-mail from the New York recruiter even though I have NEVER met with her. I thought that was classless.

They did explain after the group interview that it would have been an all day interview with the executive recruiters from San Francisco and New York. The interview with the recruiters will be short - around fifteen to thirty minutes. However, you will be taken to a local UNIQLO store to shadow a manager. Keep in mind that you will observed with your conversation with the store manager.

My interview experience was neutral. It was a simple interview with very friendly people. What I didn't like was that it's pretty OBVIOUS who they were going to ask for the next round in the case interview. But I am glad that I didn't get the position in the end because I really didn't like the whole concept of moving every year.

Interview Question – How many pairs of jeans did UNIQLO sell last year. You can ask me three questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, and got an automated email with an interview time that same week. It was a group interview with four other people. The questions were fairly simple like "Why Uniqlo?" and "What is good customer service?" I got an email that night saying that I got the job.

Interview Question – "Tell about a time you received good customer service, bad customer service, or both." I just thought this was a really unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation