Uniqlo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, but they picked out people one by one. There were three interviewers, one was a solo interviewer and the other ones were together. I had the latter, and she was flat out terrible (the other interviewer she was with was just listening). I felt as if I could have gotten the other interviewer I would have gotten the second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online for a position they had available and i got a reply several days later through email. They had all candidates sit in the same room and interviewed each person one by one.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as: why do you want to work in retail? Why uniqlo?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

the first interview is a group interview about 20 people there. You have to be available weekends and be able to do closing two times a week or else they wont hire you. The interview was pretty quick, there were 3 interviewers and they ask about 7 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took nearly a month. There were 2 interview stages, first one was a group and the final was to weed out the candidates. Easy interview questions, and the process was smooth.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, about me and 20 other people and we were taken down to this small basement room for the interview. The HR person told us that the more open our availability was, the higher chances of us being picked up (I had open availability all week and did not get picked up.), and that we needed to close the store at least twice a week.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo (Stamford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

You waited for the manager who was running an hour late and went into his office and he told you about the company and on a blank sheet of paper he scribbled down some stuff after you answered a question. The whole process took 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was pretty easy. It was nothing too difficult. They just asked me why I wanted to work for UNIQLO and what would my time commitment be. They also asked me whether I was interested in working in retails industry. Try targeting "Why UNIQLO" question by looking at how the brand is distinctive in its marketing strategies, its clothing, etc. from other similar SPA brands.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

I discovered the program via a campus recruiter and then applied online. The interview for this position is 3 rounds: a group skype call, in person group interview, and then a one on one interview with a district manager. They responded quickly and initially asked for a group Skype interview. At the end of the group skype interview you have to do a pretty easy "logic" question, which you get to work with the other interviewees. If you advance you get called to do an in person interview at their corporate office. They flew me into San Francisco for a day to do a group interview. This part was slightly more difficult because you have an hour to work with other interviewees and do a case study on a failing store and present a business plan and PL chart with estimates of returns on investments to the interviewer(s), who act as a board of directors. Hardest part was just coming up with estimates of numbers since we weren't too familiar with the industry or had any comparable numbers. Good experience overall and it really revealed my weaknesses. Last if you advance you get called in to do a one on one in person interview with a district manager.

Interview Questions

• After presenting our business plan, she asked "Why did you choose to invest $XX on this instead of $XY amount?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

So i went to a job fair and had a quick interview with them. I was interviewed with one other person and it was really quick and we were only asked about two or three questions: Why do you want to work here, what do you know about uniqlo and tell me about your self. The interviewer was very nice and told us we would get an email within two days. The email took longer than two days and actually ended up being a week but when i did get one is was with an interview time. I was emailed on a friday for an interview on a sunday there was no way to ask for a different day or time. When i got there the employees were really friendly but there was a lot of people more than twenty so there was a long waiting time. I waited for about 30minutes after i was told to get there to get an actual interview. I interviewed with two other candidates and two managers, again very friendly and they only asked two questions : tell me about yourself and why should we hire you and if we had any questions to ask (always ask questions, it never hurts, a good one i suggest is how would a typical day look like for this position). After the interview we waited some more and finally got called to go upstairs where we were asked about our availability one more time, the other people i happened to be called with all got to go to the next step, which is to get a drug test. So we got a reference to go to a lab which we have to do in the next two days and we will then be emailed about orientation. The process was easy and the interviews were quick and everyone was really friendly. Just make sure you ask questions, have availability to close at least two nights and weekend availability is a plus , also make sure you know something about the store and say you have been to it before i heard someone say they never been to one of their stores and the employer looked disappointed at that answer.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

There was a group skype call, and another candidate was in the call with me. The same questions were asked side by side, sometimes to me first sometimes to the other candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are three questions you might ask to determine the total number of jeans sold last year.   Answer Question