Uniqlo Usa Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview

Applied online. Sent email within a couple weeks to come to the store for an interview. Make sure you dress at least business casual. It's a clothing retailer but they still expect that. They took the group down to a room for the interview. Groups of three were called up at a time to interview with a manager. They had us fill out a paper telling what position we wanted, our experience, etc. Then we were asked a few generic interview questions. Oh. Make sure to look up information on company they may or may not ask at the interview and even if they don't it'll look good if you can find a chance to throw in what knowledge you have on the company. They called a few people out and the rest that remained, they told us we got the job and gave us the information for when the orientation days would be and information to get a drug test before then. Oh yeah. There's a drug test. Honestly, it's really easy to get hired here. Though they start you off as seasonal so you could be let go after I think three or six months if they feel you didn't meet their standards. The only way you'd get rejected is if you come in acting cocky and clearly showing signs that you don't take it seriously.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Took 10 weeks to get back to me and asked for an interview. Met in a starbucks near the venue and had casual conversation. Mentioned that I was going to go to college and saw that was an instant turn off. Overall the interview seemed nice and it was a one on one interview.

Mostly the general about you questions but there was one question about the six phrases of the company. Do your research on the phrases they are used in every store supposedly.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you should ask every customer before he leaves our store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (Milpitas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It's a group interview, and they take you into a private room where they first ask each of the interviewees talk about themselves. This is followed by questions that are asked to each of the interviewees. It's basically an interview in front of everyone. Make sure to smile, keep eye contact with the interviewer, and be yourself. You are required to close at least twice a week, and you should have a fairly open availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was about a 10 minute call, randomly in the middle of the day, totally caught me off guard but she was friendly and engaging. Haven't heard back about a second interview yet. I'll update when I get the chance. It seemed like we were just having a conversation, not the stress of a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you're up to, have you ever worked in a team setting, Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Fast Retailing website around late May. About a week after I sent in my application, I got an email for a job interview. The other reviews here are pretty accurate regarding the entire process.

When I got to the 5th Ave store, I asked an employee to direct me to the break room. I arrived 15 minutes early and there were already about 30 other applicants along with current employees taking their lunch break. When it was time for the interview, the HR rep directed us to this basement underground in the building next door. The interview process took about 2 hours because there were a lot of us but individually it probably took 5-10 minutes. The questions weren't very hard at all; it mostly dealt with customer service and they just want to get to know you more really. Later that same day I got an email asking me to attend a final interview with the store manager a few days later.

The interview with the store manager ran a bit differently. Instead of 30 people, there were only 6 of us this time and the manager took us to a small meeting room inside the actual store. She asked us about 5 or 6 questions of the same type as the previous interview. Overall, the entire experience isn't very difficult at all. Just remember to smile, relax, and be yourself! :)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and got an email to attend a interview session. Brought my resume and when I arrived at the location at 34th street nyc it took long time the lady was busy and we waited almost an hour to be called for an interview of basically 5 questions to see if you know about the company and what type of person you are. She said she would email me for the final interview but never got an email after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about uniqlo?   1 Answer
    • What will you be doing in the next five years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview

At the Uniqlo 5th Ave location, they take you down a couple floors below street level into this little classroom. After talking to the participants for a bit, the managers go to the back and call people to get interviewed one-by-one. In my opinion, it's probably better to go first, so that they know all the answers you give them were definitely from you, rather than you eavesdropping on someone else. Relatively easy and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Uniqlo?

Also I overheard some question about taxis.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Arrived at the location 15 minutes early and was told to wait in the break room. Got there it was already four other candidates (it was a group interview) there and current employees eating lunch. The employees in the room were very nice and told us not to be nervous and we had nothing to worry about. Waited about 10 more minutes and there were two managers who seemed pretty cool and split us up into two groups. It was 8 of us. Manager gave a brief overview of his self and asked everyone to go around and say their name and tell the group something about theirselves. The interview began and Was asked generic interview questions. They were very easy actuallyand was only three questions. Then at the end he gave us a drug test flyer stating that we had 48 hours to go and take the drug screening.and explained the details. And that was pretty much it. Still wondering if I got the job or not being that I took a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Uniqlo? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview

Applied via resume drop, and was offered an interview shortly after. Group case study involving a store with a particular set of problems. Candidate pool during the interview was split into teams to work together on the case and present a series of solutions. Also had to assess other teams' solutions. Had a chance to converse with interviewers to learn more about the company and their backgrounds. Entire process was roughly three hours long.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in May 2015.

Interview

Like the other reviews, the interview was pretty casual. I would still dress professionally though. I entered the store right when they open their interview session and got grouped with another person. The manager interviewing me asked general retail job questions. He jotted down my answers to his questions. One question that did throw me off was when he asked what animal I would be if I had to choose. I think I should've clarified I could handle the fast paced and multiple tasked retail work setting as I feel that was the deal breaker response in acing the interview.