Uniqlo Usa

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week later recieved an email offering a job interview and to reply back with a time that was best for me. I went to the interview today assuming it was 1:1 but it was a group/panel interview. It went well, the interview asked us questions like: What are your strengths? what is your opportunity(weakness)? what do you know about uniqlo? tell me about yourself? Pretty straightforward questions.Once the interview was over he told us we would recieve an email the same day or the next day informing us whether we got the job. I got an email the same day offering me a job position! I was extremely happy because this will be my first job ever.

Interview Question – When was a time where you had to balance out your strengths and opportunity(weakness)?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in July 2014.

Interview Details – As far as I recall, it was similar to how all the other people described the process to be in their Manhattan locations. I applied online to their 5th Ave location, the flag ship store. We were told to meet at the employee break room. I was lucky enough to run into a friend who worked there. He told me "Don't even stress over the questions and what your answers will be, just smile as much as you can and mean it and you'll be fine." One of his co-workers added on "Also make sure you seem like you have tons of energy."

We were taken to an other building after everyone showed up. We were then led to some underground facility where all the other clothing stores had their storage connected. You could tell a certain part was the Hollister stock room since that overwhelming fragrance hits you like a truck as soon as the door is opened despite the fact how deep underground we were. Once we got to the Uniqlo section, we were told to fill out another application. We were told in advance to bring a copy of our resumes, for those that didn't you had to fill out extra parts on the application.

After that we were called one at a time to be interviewed but we were all in the same room so you could pretty much hear how everyone's went and they can hear how yours went. They were really nice and friendly. So it was easy to smile. The questions were all fairly standard and thank you to all the other glassdoor reviewers that posted it up, it was exactly the same thing:

"What do you know about Uniqlo and why do you want to work here?"
"Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer."
"Why should we hire you?" (not the exact wording but more or less what they were asking)
"Have you ever attended any of our open house events before?"
"What are your goals 5 years from now?"
"Do you have any questions for me?"

No curve ball questions. Simple and straight forward.

After everyone was done, we were all told we could leave now. Based on the previous reviews from other glassdoor users I thought they would split us up and tell us right then and there if we were hired or not, but this did not happen. We were told we would be emailed if we were going to continue with the process.

After 2-3 days I received an email telling me I made it to the final interview round and it would be a group interview with the General Manager. The final interview took place exactly one week after the initial interview. We weren't told where to wait or meet up so I just assumed the break room again. When it was time for the interview we were taken to another conference room, this time in the same building and not under ground. We were told before going in that the General Manager at the 6th Ave location was the first American GM. He spoke in a way that made it seemed like the GM was to be feared. As soon as we were invited in we saw the GM for who he really was a really nice person. The GM was very nice and accommodating, totally not what any of use expected. So the four of us were sat down at once and were given turns asking the questions. This part threw us all for a loop because none of the questions could be answered in a way to make you stand out per say.

The questions the GM asked were:

"What do you think of this store?" (As in the 6th ave location)
"what experience did you have with costumer service did you find enjoyable?" (as in when you were the costumer)
"Do you have any questions for me?"

We were then told he had many more groups to interview and that we would get an email if we got the job and if we didn't get the job we wouldn't get any email. We all left and went home after that. Two hours later the same day I got an email saying to take a drug test.

Interview Question – "Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Yonkers, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email about 3 months after applying to come into an open house interview, it was quick and easy, I then received an email about a week later saying I was chosen and I had to get a drug screening. About a week after that I started orientation training

Interview Question – They were all pretty simple and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got an interview 3 weeks after I applied. There were a group of people who were there. They made us fill out the application again. They told us that in order to be considered for this job, we had to close 2 nights and also weekends. While we were filling out the applications, they went ti each person and asked us some questions. After that, they did one on one interviews with each person. After that I was told that i was going to get an email with their response

Interview Question – When was a time where you showed good costumer service?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Uniqlo Usa

Interview Details – I received an email from the human resource manager and she provided a couple of time schedules for interview appointment. However, the time schedules were conflicting to my class schedules, and I did not get a chance to meet with the manager.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in February 2014.

Interview Details – Perception of the people...overall friendly...some were more enthused than others in my belief....there was a large group of us around 20....there were three interviewers all taking place at the same time....a bit noisy....some persons were interviewed three times other twice and for me only once...luckily for me i had brought my resume and had in printed on resume paper...so i saw exactly when my resume was selected....so after deliberation...one interviewer too up some of the resumes and said come with me half of the persons were escorted out...then another interviewer called some more persons leaving three of us behind...then when it was three left one said 'congratulations you three were selected'. We were relieved...they gave us some papers said we should do a drug test and our told us our starting wage.....and that was it. The duration between hiring and interview was like a month...no call no communication until app 4 weeks and they tell you when training will commence...that was awful...could have filled another position in that time span.

Interview Question – Well just speak confidently about your self despite me not having any prior experience as a sales associate...i spoke about my ability to survive and rise above when i am given the chance. Know your weakness and always say how you rise above it each and every day....dress appropriately and just be confident...and always impress.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation it was just this is what we have to offer...take it or leave it.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview Details – horrible taken al the way to to a room group interview

Interview Question – why you want to work for company   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview Details – apply on line ,and get the interview after five or six days

Interview Question – why you want to work for uniqlo   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in July 2011.

Interview Details – Went to the open house at a very nice hotel.
waited on line to sign.
waited again to be interview
she asked basic questions
1)are you over 18?
2)are you in school ?
3)can you work weekends with open availability ?
4)can you close at least twice a week?

after passing that round i had to wait to go for round 2
round 2 consisted of me and another guy with one interviewer
she asked basic customer service questions
1)tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
2)if you were an animal what would you be?
3)how do you handle conflicts with coworkers?
4)where did you previously work?

afte asking those questions she told me to follow her coworker and she sent the other guy home i filled out a background check and they said they would call me in 2weeks

Interview Question – if you were an animal what animal would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they started me off with 11.00
you get evaluated every 3 months so you have the chance of getting a raise quickly

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

Interview Details – Open house along with second interview done by manager

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Uniqlo   View Answer

Worked for Uniqlo Usa? Contribute to the Community!