Uniqlo Usa Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.3

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

I uploaded my resume on their job website and a month later, I received an email to RSVP for a time slot to come in for an interview. When I went to the store, I found that they were having a mass hire. There were about 10 other people for the time slot I chose. I talked with some of the interviewees and found out that the store just sent out emails to everyone who applied in the area. There were even some people who were applying for new stores opening in different cities.

Our interviewers were a bit late, so they had us wait about 20-30 extra minutes. When we finally get to go to our interview, we are split into 2 groups. The questions were basic experience questions. "Describe a time when..." and one fun question at the end.

After the interview was done, I was on my way out when I saw someone I knew working at the store. I walked up to him, said hi, and told him about the interview I just had. I felt so embarrassed when he was surprised and told me that his store was not even hiring.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you did something that wasn't your responsibility.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Uniqlo Usa

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

The best thing to do when offered a interview is be yourself. The interviewer whomever they may be is looking for difference in order to make the place lively so guests can enjoy their visit.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in September 2014.

Easy interview, was only asked 2 questions, took less than 10 minutes. 40+ people also there, group interview about 7 people per group. Was interviewed by one person, and it was the regional manager. Very quick and simple interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in September 2014.

I applied online and got received an email 3 days later inviting for an interview at their 5th ave location.The inter view process is highly unorganized.They put us in group for a group interview which was surprising to me.I waited for like 1hr or so to be interviewed..The interview itself didn't take more than 4mins..the us some basic questions like,why i wanna work for them,what do i know about uniqlo and if i had question for them..After they call someone to escort us upstairs to their sales room and then tell us we gonna hear from them in 2business days.I came home and withdrew my application because the whole thing wasn't professional to me.

Interview Questions
    • They us unexpected questions like what di know about uniqlo..and they expect you to know when it was founded,the president of the company and stuffs like that   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in August 2014.

The hiring process, in my opinion, was very unorganized. When you get emailed or called back for an interview, you arrive with about 50 others in the break room. The HR manager then comes in and brings everyone to the next building, all the way down to this basement dungeon room. After filling out some paperwork, one by one each person gets called to the back to do the interview. And yes in the same room, and yes everyone can hear your answers and the questions asked, which makes it a little nerve racking and intimidating. However being yourself, and staying true to who you are instead of trying to say what you're supposed to will help. They do like individuality, and they love it when you smile. What would have made the hiring process better is having different rooms to hold the interviews in, at least two would have been more comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring or offer to Uniqlo that we don't already have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa.

I applied online and received an email to attend their open house after a few days. The interview is with a group and questions are answered in order. They were very generic questions that everyone else has mentioned and the interview was short. They did not contact me back for almost two weeks. I received an email for an additional interview. Same routine. I was told this time I would hear back in a week. I received the email the next day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Read through everyone's reviews and you will know what to expect. There are no trick questions here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in August 2014.

The previous reviews are very similar to my experience. I was contacted via email to attend a group interview. When I got there I learned that the position was part time and seasonal. Although it was a group interview it wasn't at all intimidating we sat in a class and were called one by one to the back of the class room to answer questions. You could definitely hear the other responses. All and all it wasn't a bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in August 2014.

I applied online and got an email to group interviews. I showed up to the last interview of the day and it was a group interview. Very simple questions were asked. Just have great posture, smile, be confident, and try and speak up and ask questions to stand out.
    Questions asked were: "Tell me about yourselves", "What is an example of great customer service", "Tell me about an accomplishment in your life that made you feel proud" and at the end she just asked us if we had any questions and informed is that we would receive a follow up email in a week if we were selected

Interview Questions
    • Describe an accomplishment in life that made you feel proud   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uniqlo Usa in July 2014.

As far as I recall, it was similar to how all the other people described the process to be in their Manhattan locations. I applied online to their 5th Ave location, the flag ship store. We were told to meet at the employee break room. I was lucky enough to run into a friend who worked there. He told me "Don't even stress over the questions and what your answers will be, just smile as much as you can and mean it and you'll be fine." One of his co-workers added on "Also make sure you seem like you have tons of energy."

We were taken to an other building after everyone showed up. We were then led to some underground facility where all the other clothing stores had their storage connected. You could tell a certain part was the Hollister stock room since that overwhelming fragrance hits you like a truck as soon as the door is opened despite the fact how deep underground we were. Once we got to the Uniqlo section, we were told to fill out another application. We were told in advance to bring a copy of our resumes, for those that didn't you had to fill out extra parts on the application.

After that we were called one at a time to be interviewed but we were all in the same room so you could pretty much hear how everyone's went and they can hear how yours went. They were really nice and friendly. So it was easy to smile. The questions were all fairly standard and thank you to all the other glassdoor reviewers that posted it up, it was exactly the same thing:

"What do you know about Uniqlo and why do you want to work here?"
    "Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer."
    "Why should we hire you?" (not the exact wording but more or less what they were asking)
    "Have you ever attended any of our open house events before?"
    "What are your goals 5 years from now?"
    "Do you have any questions for me?"

No curve ball questions. Simple and straight forward.

After everyone was done, we were all told we could leave now. Based on the previous reviews from other glassdoor users I thought they would split us up and tell us right then and there if we were hired or not, but this did not happen. We were told we would be emailed if we were going to continue with the process.

After 2-3 days I received an email telling me I made it to the final interview round and it would be a group interview with the General Manager. The final interview took place exactly one week after the initial interview. We weren't told where to wait or meet up so I just assumed the break room again. When it was time for the interview we were taken to another conference room, this time in the same building and not under ground. We were told before going in that the General Manager at the 6th Ave location was the first American GM. He spoke in a way that made it seemed like the GM was to be feared. As soon as we were invited in we saw the GM for who he really was a really nice person. The GM was very nice and accommodating, totally not what any of use expected. So the four of us were sat down at once and were given turns asking the questions. This part threw us all for a loop because none of the questions could be answered in a way to make you stand out per say.

The questions the GM asked were:

"What do you think of this store?" (As in the 6th ave location)
    "what experience did you have with costumer service did you find enjoyable?" (as in when you were the costumer)
    "Do you have any questions for me?"

We were then told he had many more groups to interview and that we would get an email if we got the job and if we didn't get the job we wouldn't get any email. We all left and went home after that. Two hours later the same day I got an email saying to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and got an email for an interview about a week later. It was a group interview and although it was fairly easy, it was kind of unorganized. There were around 40+ people, my group had to wait around an hour and a half to be interviewed but by then, we had to be merged from a group of 6 to 12. We were also running out of time so the interviewer only asked us 2 questions not including introductions and whatnot. It's just the typical interview questions like "why do you want to work in retail" and so forth. Our interviewer was also very passionate and confident about the company and basically tells you the 411 (but that doesn't mean you should slack off because you'll never know if you'll get a company info question or not).

Interview Questions

On the day of the interview, the manager said we'd get an email in 2 days and 3 days, latest. However, I didn't receive an email so I went out to find another job and got hired there instead. Unfortunately, they then sent me an email 4 days after said, latest day to be sent. Be patient and wait at least a week guys!

Worked for Uniqlo Usa? Contribute to the Community!