Uniqlo Usa Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in March 2014.

Basically, the Hiring Process was straight forward, application was easy to fill up, as it is recommendable to attach an resume on it. Since I pretty much applied on the day which the opening got posted, I've got a email a couple of days after from the HR person requesting for an interview. On the interview, each group was composed by a maximum of 4 people, and I guess we've got a total of 5 questions which are related to your personality and customer service. It is encouraged to bring a resume even you uploaded one on the application. We were interviewed by the store manager, she was cool, but at the same time, optimistic and professional.

After a week, she responded to all the hired people, and she ended up hiring me and another guy. 2 out of 4 hired in each group.

Uniqlo Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in November 2013.

I applied directly on their website and received a reply in email the next day. So there are three rounds to this hiring process. First, you will have a Skype interview with a talent recruiter from New York with another interviewee. The second round is a group interview of 8-10 people and you will be given a case study to work on in group. They are not looking for people with business background but just someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and to do all the entry level work even if you're a manager, just like how Japanese would do it. I don't think anyone made it to the last round.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you simple questions and you needed to introduce yourself. Next comes with a series of really easy behavioral questions. You know, if you've done a little practice you can simply get by. Lastly, they will give you a really simple math questions and you can ask the recruiter three questions in order to reach to your answer.   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in October 2013.

I applied online after finding their ad on Craigslist. Received an email from one of the managers a few days later inviting me to come in for an interview in a week. The interview was a group interview with four other hopefuls. We were led into a small room where chairs were placed in a circle and one chair in the front where the manager sat and began to ask for our resumes. Then, the manager asked us some basic questions, going around starting from the first person sitting closest to her and then going the opposite direction. Towards the end, we were able to ask questions. The manager also explained in detail about the position and the hours. Two days later, I received an email about a job offer.

I remember smiling a lot and speaking very clearly while the other hopefuls were stammering and taking awhile to answer. Make sure to listen to the questions carefully and take your time, but not too long. This was my first group interview and because I wisely chose my seat, I had time to think over my answers while the others spoke. Try to differentiate your answers from the others' answers as best as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for UNIQLO.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a retail sales associate?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you gave customer service.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation during the interview, but in the job offer email, it explained the position in more detail and said the pay is $11.00 an hour.

Uniqlo Manager Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in June 2013.

Overall the experience interviewing with this company was relatively positive. It starts with a resume screen, and then submission of a 3-minute video of yourself professionally answering about 4 questions that they send to you. If you make it past that, it goes to a Skype 1:1 interview, in which case behavioral questions will be asked. After the Skype round, it is an invitation to the group interview with about 10 other individuals.

The group interview is held at a location near their flagship stores, in which case mine was in SF. Flight paid, pretty accommodating HR representatives. The group interview is a case study in which you break off into teams, with each team acting as the board of directors while the other team presents a solution to the problem. After presentation, the roles are switched. Basically in both circumstances, you want to be engaged in the team conversation to be coming up with a valuable/logical solution to the case study (which is basically a run-down store and some marked up numbers) and coming up with reasonable questions for when the other team presents to you. Ask smart questions that challenge the other team's plans, it will help to show that you are at least listening to their plan and can provide some sort of constructive criticism.

After the group interview, you are invited to the headquarters one last time for a final interview (which includes in-store demonstrations and work, as well as 1:1 interviews with higher level HR reps). I cannot comment on this part of the process as I declined to continue with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions have been addressed by past reviews--pretty basic, run-of-the-mill behavioral questions, with the only "tricky" exception being the Jeans question.   Answer Question

West Coast Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in June 2013.

Applied online, received an email from HR asking to setup an in-person meeting.

Met with HR rep later that week. Was shocked to find out that it was a group interview upon arrival. Felt it was very unprofessional. Received a "Thank you but no thanks" email and called for clarification and the HR rep responded saying "oh I would have to lookup your specific information." Obviously not a company you would want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to create a marketing campaign on the spot of UNIQLO, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in September 2012.

It was located in a hotel in downtown San Francisco. Started off in a group scene and narrowed down to two rounds. Luckily the questions were relevant, they were questions about how you saw yourself in the current company and experience in past work. After speaking to a few managers I got a returned call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions that was difficult was being asked what problems did you see yourself having yet the unexpected part was revealing how you were able to solve this and be better from it in a whole.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in August 2012.

Signed up on Uniqlo's website and was sent an e-mail telling me to come to a hotel in SF at either one of two times on a Saturday. I arrived to a group of people already waiting, and was told to fill out another application form. During which, we were broken down into what I think were two large groups and let into a conference room where we watched a quick 10-minute video about the history of Uniqlo and their accomplishments. Afterwards, they gathered two groups of 5 and told everyone else to wait outside. A couple minutes after, they let in a third group, of which I was a part of.

Our interviewer was really friendly and told us she was a manager from the NY Uniqlo who was flown down here to manage the new SF store. While she was checking out our papers, she asked us to introduce ourselves, where we came from, any past job experiences (of which I actually forgot to mention, and I think that might have made the person after me forget as well), and why we wanted to work for Uniqlo. After asking us a series of 3 or 4 questions, she told our group that we would all be getting a second round of interviews, and told us to step outside and wait. I think our interviewer was probably nicer than some of the other interviewers, as I noticed some people already being excused, otherwise they just decided to leave early.

After a few minutes wait, our group was let back in the conference room, but one person from our group was either in the bathroom or had already left, so it was just down to 4 of us. The interviewer this time seemed a bit more daunting, but still eased up at times. After asking us a series of 4 or 5 questions, he told us that we'll be contacted within the next couple weeks if they decide to hire us. He then let 3 of us go, while keeping one girl to "apparently" discuss her work terms if she were hired, considering she was currently working for Forever 21, and according to the previous interviewer, one can only work for a single company. However, reading other people's experiences, this probably meant she was moving onto a 3rd interview, while the rest of us didn't make the cut.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in August 2012.

I applied online when I saw an ad on Craigslist, and I was excited to see I have a chance to work at a clothing store of my style. I got an email back 3 days later stating I was invited to an open house interview. When I got to the interview, around 15 people were already there. Two Uniqlo employees greeted me, and handed me an application. Make sure you know your previous employers' and references contact information. I heard quite a few people saying "I don't know my past employer's number". You don't need to know much history of Uniqlo since no questions were asked on it. All the applicants entered a room to watch a 10-15 minute video on the company's history. There were a bunch of desperate, phony applicants putting on fake smiles and responding to questions like "how are you doing?" and "how was the video?" with extreme and over-the-top enthusiasm, hoping to be noticed by the employees. We then split into groups of 6 people to be interviews. Be sure to speak enthusiastically, passionately, confidently, with eye contact, smile, and be sincere in all your answers. When the interviewer asks you a question, be sure to demonstrate team work, an ability to adapt well, and how you overcame a difficult situation at your last work place. If your passion is not customer service or style, then make sure the interviewer doesn't know or hear about it. When the interview ended, he dismissed 5 out of 6 of us, and kept one girl. I'm pretty sure she got the job from reading another review on here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in July 2012.

Apply online, then you get an email back if they are interesting with an interview date, time, and location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa in June 2012.

The interviewing sessions was made at a hotel ballroom and dozens of people show up. After signing up and filling an application, we were all called into the ballroom. We watched a video presentation about the company's history and goals etc., then the recruiters introduced themselves. Then we were broke into groups of six people each and were put in group tables. We were asked basic experience questions and availability. 2 people in my group were told that their application was perfectly fine and were told to go home and wait for a call. Once they left the room, the remaining people in group and I were told we passed the first round and should wait to be called up again for the second round.

Then at the second round the interviewer asked more questions, this time it was more detailed questions. Then another 2 applicants were told to go home. After that, the remaining two, which was another girl and I, was immediately offered the job. We signed a consent for a background check and were told to expect a call in a week to know when we can start.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, they offered a decent salary.