Uniqlo Usa Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was about a 10 minute call, randomly in the middle of the day, totally caught me off guard but she was friendly and engaging. Haven't heard back about a second interview yet. I'll update when I get the chance. It seemed like we were just having a conversation, not the stress of a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you're up to, have you ever worked in a team setting, Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail that night saying I was invited to an interview. I went to the headquarters and there were three other applicants and three interviewers. The interviewers were very friendly and asked us simple questions and asked us if we had any of our own. I got an email offering me the job later that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Uniqlo?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you gave good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you had to work in a team?   1 Answer

Supervisor In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was in the middle of the mall. A few questions and that was it. I met up with the HR manager at the time. Who then led me to the Store Manager. The store manager did the interview. 5 questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an email verifying my pay amount. I had to send a confirmation email to get started with the back ground check. In about a week I had my orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (Concord, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically, the Hiring Process was straight forward, application was easy to fill up, as it is recommendable to attach an resume on it. Since I pretty much applied on the day which the opening got posted, I've got a email a couple of days after from the HR person requesting for an interview. On the interview, each group was composed by a maximum of 4 people, and I guess we've got a total of 5 questions which are related to your personality and customer service. It is encouraged to bring a resume even you uploaded one on the application. We were interviewed by the store manager, she was cool, but at the same time, optimistic and professional. After a week, she responded to all the hired people, and she ended up hiring me and another guy. 2 out of 4 hired in each group.

Uniqlo Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied directly on their website and received a reply in email the next day. So there are three rounds to this hiring process. First, you will have a Skype interview with a talent recruiter from New York with another interviewee. The second round is a group interview of 8-10 people and you will be given a case study to work on in group. They are not looking for people with business background but just someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and to do all the entry level work even if you're a manager, just like how Japanese would do it. I don't think anyone made it to the last round.

Interview Questions

• They asked you simple questions and you needed to introduce yourself. Next comes with a series of really easy behavioral questions. You know, if you've done a little practice you can simply get by. Lastly, they will give you a really simple math questions and you can ask the recruiter three questions in order to reach to your answer.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online after finding their ad on Craigslist. Received an email from one of the managers a few days later inviting me to come in for an interview in a week. The interview was a group interview with four other hopefuls. We were led into a small room where chairs were placed in a circle and one chair in the front where the manager sat and began to ask for our resumes. Then, the manager asked us some basic questions, going around starting from the first person sitting closest to her and then going the opposite direction. Towards the end, we were able to ask questions. The manager also explained in detail about the position and the hours. Two days later, I received an email about a job offer. I remember smiling a lot and speaking very clearly while the other hopefuls were stammering and taking awhile to answer. Make sure to listen to the questions carefully and take your time, but not too long. This was my first group interview and because I wisely chose my seat, I had time to think over my answers while the others spoke. Try to differentiate your answers from the others' answers as best as you can.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for UNIQLO.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a retail sales associate?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you gave customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation during the interview, but in the job offer email, it explained the position in more detail and said the pay is $11.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed me within a week. Couldn't make the in person interview so I had a phone interview with the manager. She asked fairly simple questions about yourself and work experience. I included a little knowledge about the company and the founder so that might have helped. It was pretty easy and they were basically hiring anyone because they needed to open a new store.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in customer service?   Answer Question

Uniqlo Manager Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Overall the experience interviewing with this company was relatively positive. It starts with a resume screen, and then submission of a 3-minute video of yourself professionally answering about 4 questions that they send to you. If you make it past that, it goes to a Skype 1:1 interview, in which case behavioral questions will be asked. After the Skype round, it is an invitation to the group interview with about 10 other individuals. The group interview is held at a location near their flagship stores, in which case mine was in SF. Flight paid, pretty accommodating HR representatives. The group interview is a case study in which you break off into teams, with each team acting as the board of directors while the other team presents a solution to the problem. After presentation, the roles are switched. Basically in both circumstances, you want to be engaged in the team conversation to be coming up with a valuable/logical solution to the case study (which is basically a run-down store and some marked up numbers) and coming up with reasonable questions for when the other team presents to you. Ask smart questions that challenge the other team's plans, it will help to show that you are at least listening to their plan and can provide some sort of constructive criticism. After the group interview, you are invited to the headquarters one last time for a final interview (which includes in-store demonstrations and work, as well as 1:1 interviews with higher level HR reps). I cannot comment on this part of the process as I declined to continue with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions have been addressed by past reviews--pretty basic, run-of-the-mill behavioral questions, with the only "tricky" exception being the Jeans question.   Answer Question

West Coast Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from HR asking to setup an in-person meeting. Met with HR rep later that week. Was shocked to find out that it was a group interview upon arrival. Felt it was very unprofessional. Received a "Thank you but no thanks" email and called for clarification and the HR rep responded saying "oh I would have to lookup your specific information." Obviously not a company you would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• If you had to create a marketing campaign on the spot of UNIQLO, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was located in a hotel in downtown San Francisco. Started off in a group scene and narrowed down to two rounds. Luckily the questions were relevant, they were questions about how you saw yourself in the current company and experience in past work. After speaking to a few managers I got a returned call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that was difficult was being asked what problems did you see yourself having yet the unexpected part was revealing how you were able to solve this and be better from it in a whole.   Answer Question