Unishippers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Logistics-related Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

I applied online and I got contacted by the franchise owner in a few weeks. The interview process was very A to B. At the interview we discussed the job functions and the expectations of both parties. The whole interview and hiring process only took 4 days. I would recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was looking for a part-time or a full-time position.   Answer Question

Software Development Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Unishippers (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Excellent interview, comfortable and easy. I had a panel of several people and the questions were on point to my job title. Each interviewer was respectful and helpful in pointing out the things they thought I responded well to and put me at ease. It was one of the best interview processes I have ever had....and there have been MANY. :)

Interview Questions

• How I deal with conflict and inter personal reactions to office situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

I went in for an interview and met with the hiring manager. The interview was very unprofessional and all he did was ask me about what I did in school and what sports I like. I did not get an offer. He called me back for a second interview and The interview was only 20 minutes this time. Again I did not get an offer. Interviewing with a company that does not want to bring me on but waste my time twice to tell me that I don't have the job is pointless. The company needs a new interviewing process. I am glad I don't work for the company. I would have failed for not answering enough questions about my school days.

Interview Questions

• What sports did you play in high school? What was your stat line?   Answer Question

Logistics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unishippers in February 2014.

Interview

Step 1 : Contact with local franchise (by them or reaching out yourself, I was contacted by them) Step 2: Phone or in-person interview discussing franchises needs and industry knowledge Step 3: One or two more conversations regarding direction of company and personal career goals Step 4: Offer and negotiation

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your knowledge of logistics and transportation or at least your ability to grasp the concepts.   Answer Question

Shipping Consultant- Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unishippers (Stanton, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Got the opportunity to interview through a recruiter. Initial interview then a ride along, second interview, then job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales? Give an example of the last time you had to face adversity. Be truthful- you are in sales because you are hungry, motivated, driven, and competitive!   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unishippers (Green Bay, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very unprofessional and the owner was very condescending. The owner was very focused on how quickly you can type vs sales skills. In today's day and age majority of people have the ability to type quickly. The individual's resume should speak for itself. If you have had success and your work history establish's that, it's absolutely insulting to ramble on about the importance of typing fast.

Terrible interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

Started off with a job fair and short interview. From there I got a call to meet with managers. Had a little hw assignment. Went on a ride along. One other interview then got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give three reasons why Unishippers is a good fit for you and 3 reasons why you are a good fit for Unishippers.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unishippers (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Send resume to branch manager/owner, contact via telephone to set-up interview time and date. First interview was with the owner, the second interview was with the owner again and then his head of logistics and the sales manager all separately. Then there was an offer placed for a salary base and commission structure, along with a non-compete agreement. Management is looking for an aggressive, go-getter type so be certain to emphasize this during your interview. They like "hunters" and former high school and/or college athletes abound in this company overall. A competitive type of person is what they are seeking out for their sales staff additions to the team, so be sure to highlight past achievements in sales (or sports or other competitive type of environment you might have excelled within if not having sales experience). You want to highlight that you are not an account manager but more of a new business developer and willing to bring new business on board on a consistent and ongoing basis.

Interview Questions

• Probably most important, hence the most difficult, would be describing a situation in which you had to perform to a certain level/achieve a certain quota in sales and whether you reached that goal, why or why not (I would go with WHY rather than why not in this scenario, by the way)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is an entry level sales position for the most part, so pretty competitive pay as far as they go in my experience. If you have a book of business you are bringing on board with you, I would definitely negotiate a larger percentage in commission (rather than the standard 10% they offer new sales employees) and/or higher base salary - although higher percentage in commission will look better (means you are confident in your ability to bring in business and are willing to get paid for performance rather than receive a fat salary and smaller commission pay out. A written offer will be sent to you with the standard $32,500 salary plus 10% of profit in commission monthly for your accounts you bring business in from.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Unishippers (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

talked about outside sales responsibilities how to go about it actually being a lifestyle that people need to learn about and enjoy

Shipping Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unishippers (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview, then a half day (four hour) ride along with a current outside sales rep, then another interview with upper managerment