Interviews for Top Jobs at Unisource Worldwide

Operations Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Unisource Worldwide (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume in to them online. I was asked to take some online tests and questionaires some of which seemed a little ridiculous. A brief phone interview was all I needed to get an in person interview. I thought the in person interview would be more significant but it involved more testing and only a brief face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult questions just a lot of busywork before interview.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unisource Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Good format. Got to meet multiple people from multiple departments. Friendly atmosphere besides tough questions. However, I was told my salary was too high and they didn't know if they could there. It was like they were trying to put a guilt trip over me for earning a decent wage. They also said they would have an easier time hiring someone whose unemployed. Not willing to pay for quality.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider working here at a wage significantly below your current level?   2 Answers

No formal offer was made. I declined to go back for a 2nd interview

Finance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unisource Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Series of phone interviews, followed by interviews at the headquarters location with 4 individuals including the hiring manager. A lot of "tell me about a time when you encountered......"

Negotiation

Low ball salary because I was currently out of work and didn't have much leverage to negotiate. However, I was able to receive relocation assistance