Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Big Data Visualizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

One in person panel interview.
    Begining of interview got the opportunity to talk about my experience/projects, and what I am possibly what set me apart from other candidates. I was able to convey passion for getting better daily and also being a closer as far as knocking out tasks, as I have worked with brilliant people who constantly miss deadlines as they over think / engineer a solution, or rather research than work...

Was able to establish a lot of credibility and became more of a conversation than an interview. I really appreciate that the interview wasn't scripted and the two people on my interview were very senior and current if not cutting edge.

Ended with me coding two different methods using the same data set and I wouldn't want to work anywhere that didn't ask candidates to code.

Of course I got opportunity to ask questions:
    I asked about their pain points as far as new hires and contractors, so i could make a great impression right away if I got the job.
    I asked about introducing new tech stack, and how they prototype
    I asked if they had client facing time albeit presenting or gathering requirements

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I landed the interview through a career fair. The employer was looking for someone with networking and security skills. The employer reviewed my resume and asked me some screening questions and after that I landed the interview. The interview was schedule for the next day. The interview took place in the university itself.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Did not have a formal, in-person interview. I was interviewed over the phone. It was somewhat casual and informal, almost like having a conversation, more than discussing my experience. I think they already knew they wanted to hire me because I was referred by a friend.

Interview Questions

• Will you accept this salary with the understanding that it will go up next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unisys (Roseville, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was really frustrated by the interview process at Unisys. I was given an incorrect time by the interview scheduler. She gave the time in PST (one of the interviewers was calling in from a different time zone) but named it CST and I even had the email to prove it to the interviewers however I was brushed aside without a second glance. One manager who came out to greet me was extremely rude.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and three engineers each individually. I don't remember the questions, but I liked the interview because the people I met with seemed curious and interested in what I do/did and were very open about the work that they did. And there weren't any tests to prove that I knew stuff, or technical questions, which I don't like.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any surprise quiz questions. Like, how do you repair x, or what do you do if Y?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The online application asks for salary.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and the following Monday received an email from a recruiter. We discussed my resume, why I was leaving my current job, and was given a more detail about the job. The recruiter sent my resume to the hiring manager and the next day was scheduled for a phone interview that Thursday. The interview went very well and within 10 minutes of ending the call I received a response from the recruiter saying that she just spoke to the hiring manager and she wanted to schedule a second schedule (interview as soon as the interview was over) with her and her team for the following Monday. 2 hours after the second interview received a call from the recruiter stating that I was being offered the position. Everyone has made this a comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions around experience, What would be your priority during our first days on the job, many questions around quality and how I would address situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial discussion with recruiter regarding salary. Recruiter informed me of range and I advised of desired salary. Recruiter sent along with resume. When offer was extended recruiter informed it was for the desired amount. No negotiation needed

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a technical interview, a phone interview, and then an in person interview. They basically just asked a bunch of questions off of a script. The review was a paper exam and a type test, then the phone and in person interviews were just like script readings.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

multiple round of interviews, took the interview as per the scheduled time.They make the candidate comfortable first before starting the interview process.Interview process is very quick they completed all rounds in a single day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was as much as i asked

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter for interview. Recruiter did a great job of polishing up my resume and preparing it for the interview. The interview process went very smoothly, answering the questions from the interviewees (3 in all) thoroughly with examples from my previous experiences; however, hiring manager read my shortcomings like an open book: commuting distance was going to be my major hurdle, over 2 hour one-way.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute to work from where you are at?   1 Answer

It was a contract-to-hire position with an 18 month duration. Moreover, the position required a lot of overtime, which maybe a little inconvenient since the commute between work and home was over 2-hours one-way.

Network Printer Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Called by a representative over the phone that basically had no clue who i was to setup a interview date/time, Interviewed with someone in person and was called back later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what you will be making... Would you like the job?