Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I landed the interview through a career fair. The employer was looking for someone with networking and security skills. The employer reviewed my resume and asked me some screening questions and after that I landed the interview. The interview was schedule for the next day. The interview took place in the university itself.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Did not have a formal, in-person interview. I was interviewed over the phone. It was somewhat casual and informal, almost like having a conversation, more than discussing my experience. I think they already knew they wanted to hire me because I was referred by a friend.

Interview Questions

• Will you accept this salary with the understanding that it will go up next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and three engineers each individually. I don't remember the questions, but I liked the interview because the people I met with seemed curious and interested in what I do/did and were very open about the work that they did. And there weren't any tests to prove that I knew stuff, or technical questions, which I don't like.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any surprise quiz questions. Like, how do you repair x, or what do you do if Y?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The online application asks for salary.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and the following Monday received an email from a recruiter. We discussed my resume, why I was leaving my current job, and was given a more detail about the job. The recruiter sent my resume to the hiring manager and the next day was scheduled for a phone interview that Thursday. The interview went very well and within 10 minutes of ending the call I received a response from the recruiter saying that she just spoke to the hiring manager and she wanted to schedule a second schedule (interview as soon as the interview was over) with her and her team for the following Monday. 2 hours after the second interview received a call from the recruiter stating that I was being offered the position. Everyone has made this a comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions around experience, What would be your priority during our first days on the job, many questions around quality and how I would address situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial discussion with recruiter regarding salary. Recruiter informed me of range and I advised of desired salary. Recruiter sent along with resume. When offer was extended recruiter informed it was for the desired amount. No negotiation needed

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

multiple round of interviews, took the interview as per the scheduled time.They make the candidate comfortable first before starting the interview process.Interview process is very quick they completed all rounds in a single day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was as much as i asked

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter for interview. Recruiter did a great job of polishing up my resume and preparing it for the interview. The interview process went very smoothly, answering the questions from the interviewees (3 in all) thoroughly with examples from my previous experiences; however, hiring manager read my shortcomings like an open book: commuting distance was going to be my major hurdle, over 2 hour one-way.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute to work from where you are at?   1 Answer

It was a contract-to-hire position with an 18 month duration. Moreover, the position required a lot of overtime, which maybe a little inconvenient since the commute between work and home was over 2-hours one-way.

Network Printer Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Called by a representative over the phone that basically had no clue who i was to setup a interview date/time, Interviewed with someone in person and was called back later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what you will be making... Would you like the job?

Director Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Initially contacted by a company Recruiter; had a short conversation which led to a more indepth call a week later. I was then invited to attend onsight where I was interviewed by 1 Director, and 2 VP level interviews.

Interview Questions

• Based on the information provided, can you construct some predictive analysis that would include both financial and people information to yield a contingent staffing plan in the area of field techniciens.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interesting.

Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts. First was a phone interview with HR. This was primarily used for screening purposes. The second interview consisted of a face to face with a Project Manager. The Project Manager mainly asks technical questions and probes information provided on your resume. The interview itself was straightforward with no surprise questions

Negotiation

It was my first job straight out of college right around the time of the 2008 collapse. I was grateful to obtain a job and had no idea how to negotiate

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unisys in August 2014.

Interview

It was actually VERY fast for me. I received a phone call (cold call) on a Tuesday inquiring upon my interest in the position. After I agreed, they scheduled an interview for the following week. I had an interview early on a Monday morning, that evening they made a decision. It was quite incredible.

A word of caution, if going through a third party (subcontractor) to Unisys, prepare to run the gamut. I had my start date delayed twice due to persons dragging their feet on checks and rechecks. After that, it was rather straight forward and quick to get started.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls, actually. Very straight forward. They actually respected hearing that if you don't know the answer to a question that you're not above "Googling it".   Answer Question

Pay rate, to go perm with Unisys, was not commensurate with my experience, skills and education. After my subcontract was over, I moved on.