Unisys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Unisys.

Interview Details – if you want to be hired by Unisys you really need to work hard at it. The application process is difficult to navigate. The interview process is ridiculous. Multiple day interviews with managers that are not part of the position that you re interviewing for

Interview Question – Why would you want to join a company that has declining revenues quarter after quarter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was very clear there is a lack of leadership and accountability among the management team. Unisys Federal has a reputation of hiring executive mgmt that have no place to go. Career path is non existant. Sr leadership has no experience in DoD or Intelligence Community market place. Questionable as to how the Federal business is going to sustain with the lack of leadership.

Scheduler Interview

Scheduler
Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Unisys.

Interview Details – Hiring was easy and went through a typical interview with two people. That same evening I was offered the position and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – None. I received typical questions regarding the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They presented the offer and I accepted.

Procurement Manager II, Reston, VA Interview

Procurement Manager II, Reston, VA
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Unisys in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was with Sr. Subcontracts Manager and Chief Procurement Officer. The interview was not difficult. We exchanged information regarding the contracts and subcontracts industry. Both the manager and the CPO explained the PM II position and really was trying to sell me on coming aboard. We discussed salary.

Interview Question – Immediately heard back from recruiter in Blue Bell that interview went well and they wanted to move forward with the background and OFFER process. I filled out the forms. I waited a week and contacted the recruiter regarding the status of the background and position. I was told my background wasn't completed and that the hiring manager was still interviewing and would make a selection the next week. I know that a background check only takes 3-7 days. Today, I received this e mail: "We have extended 2 job offers that have been accepted for the Procurement Manager II roles. The Reston hiring team enjoyed meeting with you and appreciate your skills, knowledge, and abilities. Your resume will remain on file for future opportunities there." I find their recruiting practices to be deceptive. Most companies have you fill out the background forms if they are going to make an offer, this was not the case with me. Word to the wise, don't waste your time filling out the forms unless you are sure you are going to be offered the position.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Reston, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Unisys in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had three in-person interviews, mostly because I had lots of questions. Boss was extremely accommodating and most of the people I met with were very intelligent and polite. One was a jerk, but she was also very new and probably trying to prove herself. Have been nothing but impressed with the caliber of employees here. Very pleased with the company.

Interview Question – How many words are in a good sentence? This was asked by an absolute idiot who was rude. This is also incorrect and she insisted this was correct, despite having never been a writer professionally in her life (her admission). Oh well, just remember the answer I guess.   View Answers (2)

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Unisys in September 2009.

Interview Details – The company initially had a recruiter contact me. I had a series of interviews including a phone interview initially, then I met with representatives from the company on-site and finally had a final interview with the individual whom I would have worked for.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself making a contribution to the company in the future?   Answer Question
  • What skills and capabilities do you bring with you to the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer letter, when it was provided, did not cover the components we discussed earlier. When I asked about the differences, I was told the offer stands as it is. Thus, I was compelled to decline.

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!