United Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in March 2015.

I applied in November 2014. Received next email saying my resume has been forwarded to Recruiters. Got an email Feb 27 stating to call Human Resources to schedule an interview if I was interested within these dates. I called March 2 Monday to set up time. I have F2 interview in Chicago Wed, March 18.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in March 2015.

Applied online, received an email to schedule a interview. Process was pretty quick. Interviewed in Chicago at the Willis Tower. Check in was 9am there was a power point presentation, then Q&A then called your name for one on one interviews. If you get told they will email you, did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had fun at work. Describe a time you dealt with a difficult passenger or co worker, what did you do to resolve that problem? What is the biggest misconception people have of you? Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new (policy chance etc ). what do you know about reserve life?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Used to work for this company before the extreme cost cutting measures. Interview was fairly basic and centered around sales knowledge. This was "back in the day" so much may have changed. Be prepared to discuss sales knowledge and negotiating skills in detail. Prepare in advance to figure out how/why a corporation would want to preferentially fly on United and be prepared to work that into a simulated sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me this pen". The VP handed me his pen and asked me to sell it to him.   View Answer
    It was United. There was no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in October 2014.

Applied and didn't get interviewed till 2 months later. Met 2 hiring managers for the interview, I dressed in a business suit. Asked me to talk about myself and go through my resume and work experience. After they would talk about a work ethic and ask a question for me to show that particular work ethic, i.e. talk about modesty and then asked to give an example in my experience about the most humble moment I have had. They were very casual but serious.

Interview Questions
    • Various personality question and work experience questions   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in October 2014.

Applied through University, process took about 4 weeks. Had initial campus interview and then an interview in their downtown office. Interviews were fairly casual. Questions included "What do you know about United," "How far in advance should be sell tickets on a certain flight," etc

Interview Questions
    • "What are the pros/cons of increasing legroom in planes"   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at United Airlines.

I was referred by a United employee. The first round is a phone interview about the responsibility and salary. Then I went to the UA's office at Willis Tower to have a panel interview. 3 people of the hiring team interviewed me. They are super nice. The face to face interview was very pleasant. I got the offer 2 days later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Senior Staff Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

Received initial HR call 3 weeks after submitting resume. Call was very basic, just to confirm I was still interested. In person interview at Willis tower was with a manager and supervisor. Both were casually dressed. They took turns asking only the five preformatted behavioral questions they had in their paper and kept extensive notes.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you don't have the data you need? Where do you get industry news? Give an example of when you failed. Give an example of how you improved productivity. They did not ask questions like 'tell us about you' or 'why do you want to work here'...   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
    2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
    3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
    4-A business interview for 30 minutes
    5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Questions
    Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.