United Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Question – I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Negotiation Details – Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview which is about 1 hour, asked some behavior questions and brain teasers. Then an on-site interview which includes a paper exam of OR modeling, statistics, SAS, C++ and two people from the group mainly talked about the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Question – The paper test is not easy.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – Cattle call; then one on one. After successful completion of interview - then drug test and physical. After successfully completing unpaid training for 6 wks - then you're hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught one of your co-workers stealing?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication from HR department was professional and timely. Once interviews were completed there was no further communication positive or negative over the next 3 weeks. Contacted HR personnel that coordinated the interview process and he could not verify if the position was filled. Referred me to a manager via email. I received an email 8 days later informing me the position had been placed on hold and would require new interviews if reactivated.

Interview Question – Why upgrade to new versions of software when the version in use works well for the corporation?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
4-A business interview for 30 minutes
5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Question – How to estimate the number of potholes in Chicago?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very informal. Spoke only with hiring manager/director. Was offered the job within several days.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher hourly rate than initially offered.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Inventory Planner Interview

Senior Inventory Planner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible - Scripted 100%, and no deviation from the STAR process. Hiring Manager was foreigner, who was very difficult to understand, and every question had to be repeated 3-4 times in order to decipher what was being asked into English.

Interview Question – STAR process is stupid and ridiculous, No chance to sell your skills and experience. Just answer the question in the Situation-Task-Action-Result format. And nothing more. Very structured, and interviewers were more concerned about getting back to their jobs than spending any quality time in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sr. Managers struck me as idiots who had no idea of airline inventory planning, or even the basics of how to accomplish it.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview only.

Interview Question – why you want to leave current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated 3% more pay with AIM because this was a contract job as well with no guarantee to hire for permanent position.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Staff Representative Interview

Senior Staff Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details – There were a few initial HR preliminary interviews to gauge willingness and abilities. The main interview process was based on the STAR system http://careerservices.wayne.edu/behavioralinterviewinfo.pdf . The interview was pretty tough because the position had a lot of operational questions related to the airline industry. But by being prepared for STAR interview type questions as well as being able to take a few minutes to craft my responses, the interview went very well.

Interview Question – I can't get too much into the details because of the sensitivity of being in an FAA regulated position. Just know that the most difficult questions were about strategy and execution from a policy and procedure aspect of the airline at an airport.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Airlines

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

United Airlines Videos

United Airlines – Why Work for Us?

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance. With the right qualifications, attitude and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Airlines interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Airlines employees and interview candidates.