United Airlines

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2013.

I applied online for the position of Flight Attendant (German Speaking) and received a phone call within the week. I was a little caught off guard by the phone interview when they called. It lasted about 45 minutes and they asked me to elaborate on my work experience. About a week after the phone interview, I received an email notification that I had not advanced to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time when you had a problem with a coworker. What happened and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Cattle call; then one on one. After successful completion of interview - then drug test and physical. After successfully completing unpaid training for 6 wks - then you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught one of your co-workers stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in January 2013.

There was quite a large number of people in a meeting room, and they will do a 1-on-1 interview.
    Most people who were going to the next stage were people who are bilinguals. They were just asking
    some general question, such as "how did you deal with an angry customer or a colleague you don't like by giving your own experience."

Interview Questions
    • When I was in the final stage of the interview, two man who were likely senior managers or supervisors asked me "why would you like to be a flight attendant". I answered them that I like to deal with different kind of people and would feel happy when solving their problems, blablabla. However, they didn't say anything but let me go. It only took me less than a minute for the final stage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in March 2012.

I received 2ooo dollars in bonuses, and I only interview two with company and landed the job.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult question I had was do you plan to live on the little amount money for six months.   View Answer
    always wait until they give you an offer such as welcome letter, and pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in November 2012.

I applied online I don't remember the date but I got an email for an invitation to interview with them a couple months later. I flew over to Houston Texas and you rest for the day you arrive then interview the next day. You arrive by shuttle and when you walk into the doors a recruiter has everyone line up on the side of the wall before they enter, then you enter when everyone (other attendants). They sit you down in a room and they was about 30 other applicants. They explain about United Airlines and you get to ask questions about the company or the job. Then the recruiters call you in. Maybe 5 recruiters but each to one applicant. You walk into another room and interview with them. It was really easy. The recruiter ask name a time you had a difficulty with a Co worker, why do you want to be a flight attendant and which job do you think helped you with your customer service. There were about 5 but those are the ones I remember. Then if they like you they slip you a note to stay, if not they tell you they'll send you an email. They tell you that they read forums and don't listen to people about getting an email and not getting the job and that they're doing things differently. NOT TRUE. I kept contact with all the girls on the bus going back and they all didn't get the job. UNITED is really nice though so don't give up !

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2014.

It is the same as described before. They will put a disclaimer out there saying that it isn't whats been described online and this is not true. Be friendly and extra talkative to the main speaker, and make sure you mingle.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied on line. I received an email to call for an in person interview. The interview process was a long day including three different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see another employee being dishonest?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview process was half day long. Was given a general overview of what it would entail regarding schedule (flexible) and relocation. Had the feeling that the staff were keeping a watchful eye on what has happening in the room when they weren't there - was it quiet? Were people interacting? I found the 2nd interviewer repeating some of the questions of the 1st, and then asking more difficult questions. The first seemed like more of a get to know you and the 2nd was more like a how do you handle situations. The 3rd was a reminder about relocation, scheduling, and anything that might prohibit you from getting the job - like don't waste our time and yours if you aren't going to qualify. Everyone was very nice and professional. It was not grueling but I felt I was very prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at work when you acted in a way that wasn't really you.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Nothing hard, three interviews, everybody's friendly there. Just be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

Just like most previous sharing, I had 3 round of interviews. First two were 1:1 and the 3rd was with HR and the main hiring manager. There were only 9 of us that day and 2 got accepted. I am not going through the details because you can find most of it from previous sharing.

Some of the questions I had:
    - Read part of the inflight announcement
    - Tell me a time you deal with angry customer.
    - Tell me a time you had conflict with your coworker
    - Why flight attendant
    - Any concern for becoming a flight attendant
    - Finish the sentence: You don't like it when customers ........
    - Anything you want to mention that is not on your resume
    - How much you know about "on reserve"
    - Is "on reserve" a problem for you
    - Are you able to relocate
    - Tell me a time you have fun at work
    - Tell me a time you face a change in your work
    - THE MOST IMPORTANT SCENARIO QUESTION:
       you do and say
    After all these question, I had the chance to make it to the 3rd round. Basically in 3rd round they just need to see you in person and see if you are really as good as what the previous interviewers described.

My suggestion:
    - WENT THROUGH THE LAST COUPLE PAGES OF SHARING ON GLASSDOOR
    You will see most of the question I had were from their previous sharing. So I can say there were no surprise question for me. Be well prepared for those questions and worry about language test later. They do the language test after you pass all 3 round interviews.
    - ACT LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    Smile, friendly, willing to share your story, open to make friends, be polite.
    These are so basic I think everyone knows, but still I met people not smiling and only given short answers in our casual chatting. They are watching who can blend in well.
    - DRESS LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    I had a black suit jacket and skirt with a white shirt and black heels, very classic office lady look. And of course made my hair a bun. In order to show some difference and make good impression, I add a green scarf under my collar. I met 3 people that day in hotel and in the training center thought I am ready to fly. When I told them I was just here for the interview, they all congrats me on getting the job because I already look like one. It just made me really confident that day!
    - CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES IS NOT WEIGHT 100%
    I had limited customer service experiences, I know it and the interviewers knew it too. I think they like my answers and know my attitude, so still they provide me the chance to learn and grow with them. So be well prepared for those questions.

This was my first interview for flight attendant in my life, hope the sharing can help with all others who are working on it. Just be yourself and don't be nervous, it's a great experience and you have nothing to lose. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions
    • As the chief flight attendant today, one of your crew member refuse to serve, what would
         you do and say
        Answer Question

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!