United Airlines

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied on line. I received an email to call for an in person interview. The interview process was a long day including three different interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you see another employee being dishonest?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2014.

It is the same as described before. They will put a disclaimer out there saying that it isn't whats been described online and this is not true. Be friendly and extra talkative to the main speaker, and make sure you mingle.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Interview process was half day long. Was given a general overview of what it would entail regarding schedule (flexible) and relocation. Had the feeling that the staff were keeping a watchful eye on what has happening in the room when they weren't there - was it quiet? Were people interacting? I found the 2nd interviewer repeating some of the questions of the 1st, and then asking more difficult questions. The first seemed like more of a get to know you and the 2nd was more like a how do you handle situations. The 3rd was a reminder about relocation, scheduling, and anything that might prohibit you from getting the job - like don't waste our time and yours if you aren't going to qualify. Everyone was very nice and professional. It was not grueling but I felt I was very prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at work when you acted in a way that wasn't really you.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Nothing hard, three interviews, everybody's friendly there. Just be prepared.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

I applied for the position from internet. Then I got invited for the interview and set up the date on the phone. I recommend that you arrive the training center 1 hour ahead when you attend. (I arrived at 7:30am.) everybody was there VERY early. It was supposed to start from 8:30 but everybody was there by 8am.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

Just like most previous sharing, I had 3 round of interviews. First two were 1:1 and the 3rd was with HR and the main hiring manager. There were only 9 of us that day and 2 got accepted. I am not going through the details because you can find most of it from previous sharing.

Some of the questions I had:
    - Read part of the inflight announcement
    - Tell me a time you deal with angry customer.
    - Tell me a time you had conflict with your coworker
    - Why flight attendant
    - Any concern for becoming a flight attendant
    - Finish the sentence: You don't like it when customers ........
    - Anything you want to mention that is not on your resume
    - How much you know about "on reserve"
    - Is "on reserve" a problem for you
    - Are you able to relocate
    - Tell me a time you have fun at work
    - Tell me a time you face a change in your work
    - THE MOST IMPORTANT SCENARIO QUESTION:
       you do and say
    After all these question, I had the chance to make it to the 3rd round. Basically in 3rd round they just need to see you in person and see if you are really as good as what the previous interviewers described.

My suggestion:
    - WENT THROUGH THE LAST COUPLE PAGES OF SHARING ON GLASSDOOR
    You will see most of the question I had were from their previous sharing. So I can say there were no surprise question for me. Be well prepared for those questions and worry about language test later. They do the language test after you pass all 3 round interviews.
    - ACT LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    Smile, friendly, willing to share your story, open to make friends, be polite.
    These are so basic I think everyone knows, but still I met people not smiling and only given short answers in our casual chatting. They are watching who can blend in well.
    - DRESS LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    I had a black suit jacket and skirt with a white shirt and black heels, very classic office lady look. And of course made my hair a bun. In order to show some difference and make good impression, I add a green scarf under my collar. I met 3 people that day in hotel and in the training center thought I am ready to fly. When I told them I was just here for the interview, they all congrats me on getting the job because I already look like one. It just made me really confident that day!
    - CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES IS NOT WEIGHT 100%
    I had limited customer service experiences, I know it and the interviewers knew it too. I think they like my answers and know my attitude, so still they provide me the chance to learn and grow with them. So be well prepared for those questions.

This was my first interview for flight attendant in my life, hope the sharing can help with all others who are working on it. Just be yourself and don't be nervous, it's a great experience and you have nothing to lose. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions
    • As the chief flight attendant today, one of your crew member refuse to serve, what would
         you do and say
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

Applyed online and 2 days later got an e mail asking me to schedule an interview with them in Houston. By the time I called them there were only 2 available days left to interview. got my interview schedule confirmed and a few days later got my itinerary to go to Houston. Flew in to housston the day before the interview.

The day of the interview, I got to the inflight training center very early, I was the first one there and slowly more people arrived. We went in to a conference room, there were only 11 of us.
    I read a lot of the posts here and my interview was nothing like what people wrote here. We started with a presentation about the company and after that were called for 1on1 interviews. About 9 of us past this interview ans then they called us for another interview. After this interview there were only 6 of us left. I waited about an hour and a half between the second and third interview. They only asked me two Qs in the third interview and then told me they don't have any one to interview me in my language and I should go back to the airport and see if I can get on an earlier flight.

Dress nicely for this interview, but really, you dont have to over do it. They are really checking you and your porsenalty. Ask Qs but don't over do it and let other people ask.
    Smile, be friendly to EVERYONE !
    You really have to want this job to get it, so if you don't, don't bother of going here. Don't get nervous.
    Have fun! It was a great expriance

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think united should hire you?
      Tell me about a diffculte customer you had and how did you deal with it
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you deal with it
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

The process was pretty much as described by most people on this site. There were about 13 people being interviewed that day and they started by showing us a video and then opening up for questions, then bringing us in for a one on one interview. If you passed the initial interview you were asked to go into another room and wait for another recruiter to bring you in for a second interview. The third interview was a group of about 5 people and each asked a question. The initial two interviewers asked questions like, give me an example of how you had conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it. Another was, give me an example of a decision you made at work that you later regret it and why?
    The group interview consisted of more questions around how prepared are you to be on reserve and what does that mean to you.

Interview Questions
    • What are your best three qualities? How do you handle stressful situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in October 2013.

Applied online on Sep 31, got a email on Oct4 to call and schedule interview .

Group presentation and they ask you if you have any question after that ( ask questions!!! Show them you are interested )
    First individual interview
    Second individual interview
    Panel 2:1 interview
    1 hour break for lunch and come back for language test
    Give them copy of passport , fill out paper with the location you are going to departure for training and etc.
    Language test over the phone( they give you a book and you follow instruction : read announcement , read page .... 3 to 4 parts of the book , 6 play the roll scenarios on board , and 3 oher questions)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had conflict at work and what did you do?
      Tell me about a time you had fun at work?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

I applied with United and shortly afterwards was sent an email to immediately have an in person interview. I delayed the process of setting up an interview time. When I finally did manage to get around to it, I received my flight itinerary and interview time. I thought I was all set to go, but then the interview was cancelled the night before due to them filling all the positions available
    So make sure you set up an interview time ASAP!

Interview Questions
    • Since my interview was cancelled at the last minute, I was not able to attend   Answer Question