United Airlines

Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.1

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in December 2014.

I applied Oct 27, got an email on Nov 21 saying that they had received my application and are now reviewing it. Then Nov 25 I got email inviting me to the F2F interview
I got there super early around 7:40. (I left my hotel at 7:30ish so it’s really close by from Ramada) Walked into a room with the other candidates. We chatted and they told us the process will start at 8:30 when they collect our resume, gave you a blue sheet to read about the position, confirmed your returning flight and gave you a name tag. Then after a short moment someone gave us a slide show explaining basic stuff about being a flight attendant, like being on reserve and the pay…etc.
After that the recruiters came in and called people out one by one. Meanwhile someone else came in to answer questions. I asked ALOT of questions but not to impress anyone I just really wanted to know about the position. The guy who answered my questions wasn’t even part of the recruiters so you don’t have to really worry about ‘oh if i don’t ask question i won’t have a chance’. There was about 30 of us, not too terribly much but honestly there were some people I already knew weren’t going to get hired, based on their way of talking (try not to sound cool or show off-y, I think that’s a horrible thing to do.) There were people who had been flight attendants before or currently working for small airlines, doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good attitude, really. Chat with people, I got lucky I met some people on my way to the training center. Just be yourself, and if you don’t really want this job, don’t apply, it’s that simple.
It took them a while to call me name. BY THE WAY they told us they are doing things a little bit differently now, I agree it’s really nothing like what I read on here before. Instead of starting with one on one I got two recruiters interviewing me. They were SUPER NICE, I mean I don’t just tell you people are nice I’m not that kind of person, but these two recruiters were something else. One of them is a domestic lady, the other one was an international guy. They asked me a lot about scenarios, I will post as many questions as I remembered. They started with asking me about who I am, then moved on to reading an announcement out loud, it’s one that’s telling people on board that they need to fill out customs forms. Don’t be nervous just take 30 seconds read it over in your mind, then start. I would say I was in the room for maybe 20+ minutes. At the end they told me that would be stepping outside of the room to discuss, meanwhile they wanted me to think of my strongest strength and tell them what it is when they return. They were outside for about 3 minutes, came back to the room, I told them my answer, and they told me to go eat lunch at the airport and be back at 1pm. They just said “we have further questions for you so come back at 1". They sent me to the lobby to wait for the shuttle driver, I got off at terminal E (thats where they drop you off) and I went to the Marriott via the “air train” and I had lunch there.
I think that’s as much as I can offer you all, best of luck!!!

Interview Questions
  • -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time where you had fun on the job.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to make a decision at the job which you wished you would have done differently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2014.

I applied on October 23rd and had my interview on November 11th in Houston. They told me to be there earlier than 830AM. I suggest you get there by 8AM. I suggest looking the part. Dress as if you are already a flight attendant. As soon as you walk in, make sure to introduce yourself to everyone. Be yourself. Tell the others interviewing your name and smile. There were 14 people in my interview group. They were all so nice. Talk to people. It really helps if you're anxious. The interview process began at 850ish. They play an intro video and answer questions then they begin calling people back for their individual face to face interview. During this time if you're still in the room waiting, continue talking to the people around you. When my name got called I was interviewed by two recruiters. They were so kind and made me feel at ease. They had me read an announcement out loud and asked me about ten questions. Most of the questions they asked were mentioned on this website in previous interview posts so look at those and be ready. Don't sound like a robot when you're giving your answers. Like I said, be yourself. They really just want to know if you're going to be able to do all the duties required of you. suggest going to the United website and thoroughly looking over the requirements and what it takes to be a flight attendant. (Incorporate that information in your answers somehow). Near the end of the interview, the interviewers stepped outside to talk and when they came back in they invited me to the second interview which they called a panel interview. They told me to come back at 2pm. I came back at 2 and there were nine people from my group remaining. We got called back one by one and got interviewed by two hiring managers. I got called back and asked a few more questions. They were really just asking questions to see if I was sure I could handle the lifestyle and stress of being a flight attendant. At the end of the interview, they said they'd look over my paperwork and get back to me in a few days. (This threw me off because I read on here that if you don't get invited to training on the spot then you won't get invited at all). I was bummed leaving but still kept a smile on my face and thanked them for their time. I got an email today from United inviting me to training so don't panic if you don't get invited to training on the spot. They have changed their interview process. I hope this post helped. The best thing you can do is be friendly and be yourself. I had such a great time interacting with my interview group and my recruiters. It was a great experience. I pray everything goes well for all of you who are interviewing. May God's favor be upon you!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work when you did something you regretted.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    If they think you'll be a good asset to the company, you will get invited to training where you have to pass that successfully before becoming an actual employee of United Airlines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines.

fill out application on line, then if they like you they will fly you out to Houston, you come in the room watch the video and then you are called back for a 2:1 interview, if they like you they tell you to go back to the airport have lunch and come back for second interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Invited to interview in Houston Texas. Start off with company presentation and talking with fellow candidates. Remember to smile. Although the interview process normally consists of a three-step process, the interviews that day were one face-to-face. You are then told to wait for a week for results.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines in November 2014.

applied online on the United website. got email from HR about 2 weeks later and was given a interview on dec 3th 2014. I'm waiting for that big day to fly to Huston, and I'm a little bit nervous but that fine, so that motivate me to prepare myself and do some research, and I Can tell glassdoor is helping me a lot to do my homework. Wish me luck.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied on line. I received an email to call for an in person interview. The interview process was a long day including three different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see another employee being dishonest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2014.

It is the same as described before. They will put a disclaimer out there saying that it isn't whats been described online and this is not true. Be friendly and extra talkative to the main speaker, and make sure you mingle.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Interview process was half day long. Was given a general overview of what it would entail regarding schedule (flexible) and relocation. Had the feeling that the staff were keeping a watchful eye on what has happening in the room when they weren't there - was it quiet? Were people interacting? I found the 2nd interviewer repeating some of the questions of the 1st, and then asking more difficult questions. The first seemed like more of a get to know you and the 2nd was more like a how do you handle situations. The 3rd was a reminder about relocation, scheduling, and anything that might prohibit you from getting the job - like don't waste our time and yours if you aren't going to qualify. Everyone was very nice and professional. It was not grueling but I felt I was very prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at work when you acted in a way that wasn't really you.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Nothing hard, three interviews, everybody's friendly there. Just be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2013.

Just like most previous sharing, I had 3 round of interviews. First two were 1:1 and the 3rd was with HR and the main hiring manager. There were only 9 of us that day and 2 got accepted. I am not going through the details because you can find most of it from previous sharing.

Some of the questions I had:
    - Read part of the inflight announcement
    - Tell me a time you deal with angry customer.
    - Tell me a time you had conflict with your coworker
    - Why flight attendant
    - Any concern for becoming a flight attendant
    - Finish the sentence: You don't like it when customers ........
    - Anything you want to mention that is not on your resume
    - How much you know about "on reserve"
    - Is "on reserve" a problem for you
    - Are you able to relocate
    - Tell me a time you have fun at work
    - Tell me a time you face a change in your work
    - THE MOST IMPORTANT SCENARIO QUESTION:
       you do and say
    After all these question, I had the chance to make it to the 3rd round. Basically in 3rd round they just need to see you in person and see if you are really as good as what the previous interviewers described.

My suggestion:
    - WENT THROUGH THE LAST COUPLE PAGES OF SHARING ON GLASSDOOR
    You will see most of the question I had were from their previous sharing. So I can say there were no surprise question for me. Be well prepared for those questions and worry about language test later. They do the language test after you pass all 3 round interviews.
    - ACT LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    Smile, friendly, willing to share your story, open to make friends, be polite.
    These are so basic I think everyone knows, but still I met people not smiling and only given short answers in our casual chatting. They are watching who can blend in well.
    - DRESS LIKE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
    I had a black suit jacket and skirt with a white shirt and black heels, very classic office lady look. And of course made my hair a bun. In order to show some difference and make good impression, I add a green scarf under my collar. I met 3 people that day in hotel and in the training center thought I am ready to fly. When I told them I was just here for the interview, they all congrats me on getting the job because I already look like one. It just made me really confident that day!
    - CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES IS NOT WEIGHT 100%
    I had limited customer service experiences, I know it and the interviewers knew it too. I think they like my answers and know my attitude, so still they provide me the chance to learn and grow with them. So be well prepared for those questions.

This was my first interview for flight attendant in my life, hope the sharing can help with all others who are working on it. Just be yourself and don't be nervous, it's a great experience and you have nothing to lose. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions
    • As the chief flight attendant today, one of your crew member refuse to serve, what would
         you do and say