United Airlines

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2012.

Long hiring process. Company in merger process and interviews for our own positions were based on Targeted Selection (my boss and another manager via phone). Weeks (actually months) went by before you found out if you got your old position or not.

Interview Questions
    • When asked for 'Details' not really sure how much detail they are looking for.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

There were five levels of interviews when I was hired. Recently, the job interview is structured around questions that are "graded" by the interview. They will respond by saying you were successful or unsuccessful, as if these are right or wrong answers.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specifics, but they will try to give you hypothetical case studies.   Answer Question
    No they acted like the salary was set.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at United Airlines.

Mechanical in nature. Hard to get personal traits accross. Extremely structured panel interview. Did not seem to care much about the person, just qualifications. Only once was i asked about past experience.

Really none.... i requested more and was declined

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2013.

I applied online for the position of Flight Attendant (German Speaking) and received a phone call within the week. I was a little caught off guard by the phone interview when they called. It lasted about 45 minutes and they asked me to elaborate on my work experience. About a week after the phone interview, I received an email notification that I had not advanced to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had a problem with a coworker. What happened and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Ramp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

I've applyed online and lady from hr called 2 weeks later. There was a quick phone screening then the interview a week later. The interview was 2 on 1. Hr and a trainer. It was by the star process.

None

Service Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later informing me that I got a phone interview. The phone interview was with someone from HR and was all behavioral and fairly easy. About a week late I got a call saying that I got a second, on site interview in Houston. This interview was with three engineers. They asked some questions that were technical in nature, but mostly just about things on my resume and stuff involving team dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • If they have a 737, a 757, and a 777 in for maintenance, which is priority number one?   View Answer

Ramp Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Apply with United took a week to get a call back did a quick phone interview just general information on where you work and what you were doing to call me back next week and set me up with the interview the interview was a star format and it was a panel interview the two gentlemen the interview me was very friendly very kind offer me water it was a great environment there elusive me up I was a bit nervous at first but ultimately the questions were pretty easy not too difficult as interview start one takes takes turns asking questions and they alternate back-and-forth after the interview they told me I would receive a phone call with the results in about two weeks time to call back a month later offer me the job position

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you saw someone doing something unsafe tell me what happened how did you approach the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations what they offer for the position is what you get

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Make sure you are comfortable with behavioral interviews and case studies. Having experience in the industry helps, but not mandatory. Do your research about United and competitors. Also, research carrier and online websites and compare to Uniteds

Vacation is negotiable

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Airlines.

I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks by a HR representative. From there, it took a bit of coordination to arrange the panel interview. I met for over 1 1/2 hours with 4 individuals, including the department director, and I never heard a word again. After that extensive of an interview, I would have thought I'd at least receive a form letter.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. They were pretty standard targeted selection questions   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2013.

There was no interview. I was hand-picked for this role. I believe there were other competitive potential candidates for this position but as usual, I got assisted into this role. I didn't merit it. I had years of experience with Continental as a Field Specialists-Compliance but not a Safety background.

Interview Questions
    • No formal interview took place. It was all casual and informal discussions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't given what I negotiated. It was more or less, take it or leave it.

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!