United Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Question – I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Negotiation Details – Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview which is about 1 hour, asked some behavior questions and brain teasers. Then an on-site interview which includes a paper exam of OR modeling, statistics, SAS, C++ and two people from the group mainly talked about the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Question – The paper test is not easy.   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

A&P Mechanic
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

Reason for Declining – cost of living

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – Cattle call; then one on one. After successful completion of interview - then drug test and physical. After successfully completing unpaid training for 6 wks - then you're hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught one of your co-workers stealing?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in January 2013.

Interview Details – There was quite a large number of people in a meeting room, and they will do a 1-on-1 interview.
Most people who were going to the next stage were people who are bilinguals. They were just asking
some general question, such as "how did you deal with an angry customer or a colleague you don't like by giving your own experience."

Interview Question – When I was in the final stage of the interview, two man who were likely senior managers or supervisors asked me "why would you like to be a flight attendant". I answered them that I like to deal with different kind of people and would feel happy when solving their problems, blablabla. However, they didn't say anything but let me go. It only took me less than a minute for the final stage.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication from HR department was professional and timely. Once interviews were completed there was no further communication positive or negative over the next 3 weeks. Contacted HR personnel that coordinated the interview process and he could not verify if the position was filled. Referred me to a manager via email. I received an email 8 days later informing me the position had been placed on hold and would require new interviews if reactivated.

Interview Question – Why upgrade to new versions of software when the version in use works well for the corporation?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
4-A business interview for 30 minutes
5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Question – How to estimate the number of potholes in Chicago?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

Revenue Management Intern Interview

Revenue Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Applied through united.jobs website. Contacted me for a phone interview. Mostly behavior with a tab of critical thinking to see how I approach revenue questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your goals or recommendations have not been used by management.   Answer Question
  • If we were to add 6" of leg room to economy class, what factors would you consider first?   Answer Question

Employee Service Center Representative Interview

Employee Service Center Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – The interview was all behavioral and needs to be answered in the STAR format. After I applied I received an email from the recruiter within a week letting me know I was selected for an in person interview and what was the salary range they offer for the position. I replied stating I was interested and scheduled my interview for a few days later. At the interview they did not ask me any questions about myself but went direct to explaining about the position and I was asked 5 scenario questions. I was given a written test as well.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty easy and scenarios you may have already experienced before. I did not get the job which was very sad but it was because they hired internally. A friend of mine who used to work for the company told me that she knew the person they hired and it was an internal candidate.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Airlines

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

United Airlines Videos

United Airlines – Why Work for Us?

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance. With the right qualifications, attitude and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Airlines interview questions and advice. All 214 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Airlines employees and interview candidates.