United Airlines

United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

Revenue Interview

Applied online. Visited booth at career fair. Had an on campus interview. Went well. Heard back 10 days later. Pretty standard questions. Why United?

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

I applied through my school website and their website. There were two interviews, one with HR, then one with an actual engineer in the department. Overall, the interviewers were extremely nice. The first interview was a basic overview of your resume and a couple of easy/ most common interview questions. One of the most important things is to make sure you research the company and any new events. The second interview is a little more behavioral so make sure you have several projects to speak about, but once again research the most common behavioral questions and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to catch a team member up on a project due to his or her lack of skills.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at United Airlines.

I was referred by a United employee. The first round is a phone interview about the responsibility and salary. Then I went to the UA's office at Willis Tower to have a panel interview. 3 people of the hiring team interviewed me. They are super nice. The face to face interview was very pleasant. I got the offer 2 days later.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

There were five levels of interviews when I was hired. Recently, the job interview is structured around questions that are "graded" by the interview. They will respond by saying you were successful or unsuccessful, as if these are right or wrong answers.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specifics, but they will try to give you hypothetical case studies.   Answer Question
    No they acted like the salary was set.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at United Airlines.

Mechanical in nature. Hard to get personal traits accross. Extremely structured panel interview. Did not seem to care much about the person, just qualifications. Only once was i asked about past experience.

Really none.... i requested more and was declined

Hub Maintenance Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in August 2014.

Interview was conducted with two First Line Supervisors in the STAR format. It was easy and less formal than I had expected. I was lucky enough to build rapport with the two interviewers and I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all the standard ones you'd expect from an interview.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Make sure you are comfortable with behavioral interviews and case studies. Having experience in the industry helps, but not mandatory. Do your research about United and competitors. Also, research carrier and online websites and compare to Uniteds

Vacation is negotiable

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines.

I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks by a HR representative. From there, it took a bit of coordination to arrange the panel interview. I met for over 1 1/2 hours with 4 individuals, including the department director, and I never heard a word again. After that extensive of an interview, I would have thought I'd at least receive a form letter.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. They were pretty standard targeted selection questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Service Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later informing me that I got a phone interview. The phone interview was with someone from HR and was all behavioral and fairly easy. About a week late I got a call saying that I got a second, on site interview in Houston. This interview was with three engineers. They asked some questions that were technical in nature, but mostly just about things on my resume and stuff involving team dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • If they have a 737, a 757, and a 777 in for maintenance, which is priority number one?   View Answer