United Airlines

219 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Engineering Interview

Service Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later informing me that I got a phone interview. The phone interview was with someone from HR and was all behavioral and fairly easy. About a week late I got a call saying that I got a second, on site interview in Houston. This interview was with three engineers. They asked some questions that were technical in nature, but mostly just about things on my resume and stuff involving team dynamics.

Interview Question – If they have a 737, a 757, and a 777 in for maintenance, which is priority number one?   View Answer

Ramp Service Interview

Ramp Service
Santa Ana, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details – Apply with United took a week to get a call back did a quick phone interview just general information on where you work and what you were doing to call me back next week and set me up with the interview the interview was a star format and it was a panel interview the two gentlemen the interview me was very friendly very kind offer me water it was a great environment there elusive me up I was a bit nervous at first but ultimately the questions were pretty easy not too difficult as interview start one takes takes turns asking questions and they alternate back-and-forth after the interview they told me I would receive a phone call with the results in about two weeks time to call back a month later offer me the job position

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you saw someone doing something unsafe tell me what happened how did you approach the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations what they offer for the position is what you get

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Make sure you are comfortable with behavioral interviews and case studies. Having experience in the industry helps, but not mandatory. Do your research about United and competitors. Also, research carrier and online websites and compare to Uniteds

Interview Question – Evrerything is pretty straight-forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation is negotiable

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks by a HR representative. From there, it took a bit of coordination to arrange the panel interview. I met for over 1 1/2 hours with 4 individuals, including the department director, and I never heard a word again. After that extensive of an interview, I would have thought I'd at least receive a form letter.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. They were pretty standard targeted selection questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Safety Manager Interview

Safety Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was no interview. I was hand-picked for this role. I believe there were other competitive potential candidates for this position but as usual, I got assisted into this role. I didn't merit it. I had years of experience with Continental as a Field Specialists-Compliance but not a Safety background.

Interview Question – No formal interview took place. It was all casual and informal discussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given what I negotiated. It was more or less, take it or leave it.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Question – I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Negotiation Details – Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview which is about 1 hour, asked some behavior questions and brain teasers. Then an on-site interview which includes a paper exam of OR modeling, statistics, SAS, C++ and two people from the group mainly talked about the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Question – The paper test is not easy.   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

A&P Mechanic
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

Reason for Declining – cost of living

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – Cattle call; then one on one. After successful completion of interview - then drug test and physical. After successfully completing unpaid training for 6 wks - then you're hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught one of your co-workers stealing?   Answer Question

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!