United Airlines

220 interviews

Ramp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

I've applyed online and lady from hr called 2 weeks later. There was a quick phone screening then the interview a week later. The interview was 2 on 1. Hr and a trainer. It was by the star process.

None

Service Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later informing me that I got a phone interview. The phone interview was with someone from HR and was all behavioral and fairly easy. About a week late I got a call saying that I got a second, on site interview in Houston. This interview was with three engineers. They asked some questions that were technical in nature, but mostly just about things on my resume and stuff involving team dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • If they have a 737, a 757, and a 777 in for maintenance, which is priority number one?   View Answer

Ramp Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2014.

Apply with United took a week to get a call back did a quick phone interview just general information on where you work and what you were doing to call me back next week and set me up with the interview the interview was a star format and it was a panel interview the two gentlemen the interview me was very friendly very kind offer me water it was a great environment there elusive me up I was a bit nervous at first but ultimately the questions were pretty easy not too difficult as interview start one takes takes turns asking questions and they alternate back-and-forth after the interview they told me I would receive a phone call with the results in about two weeks time to call back a month later offer me the job position

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you saw someone doing something unsafe tell me what happened how did you approach the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations what they offer for the position is what you get

Finance Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Make sure you are comfortable with behavioral interviews and case studies. Having experience in the industry helps, but not mandatory. Do your research about United and competitors. Also, research carrier and online websites and compare to Uniteds

Vacation is negotiable

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Airlines.

I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks by a HR representative. From there, it took a bit of coordination to arrange the panel interview. I met for over 1 1/2 hours with 4 individuals, including the department director, and I never heard a word again. After that extensive of an interview, I would have thought I'd at least receive a form letter.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. They were pretty standard targeted selection questions   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2013.

There was no interview. I was hand-picked for this role. I believe there were other competitive potential candidates for this position but as usual, I got assisted into this role. I didn't merit it. I had years of experience with Continental as a Field Specialists-Compliance but not a Safety background.

Interview Questions
    • No formal interview took place. It was all casual and informal discussions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't given what I negotiated. It was more or less, take it or leave it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at United Airlines.

Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview which is about 1 hour, asked some behavior questions and brain teasers. Then an on-site interview which includes a paper exam of OR modeling, statistics, SAS, C++ and two people from the group mainly talked about the projects listed on my resume.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

cost of living

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!