United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied Oct 27, got an email on Nov 21 saying that they had received my application and are now reviewing it. Then Nov 25 I got email inviting me to the F2F interview
    I got there super early around 7:40. (I left my hotel at 7:30ish so it’s really close by from Ramada) Walked into a room with the other candidates. We chatted and they told us the process will start at 8:30 when they collect our resume, gave you a blue sheet to read about the position, confirmed your returning flight and gave you a name tag. Then after a short moment someone gave us a slide show explaining basic stuff about being a flight attendant, like being on reserve and the pay…etc.
    After that the recruiters came in and called people out one by one. Meanwhile someone else came in to answer questions. I asked ALOT of questions but not to impress anyone I just really wanted to know about the position. The guy who answered my questions wasn’t even part of the recruiters so you don’t have to really worry about ‘oh if i don’t ask question i won’t have a chance’. There was about 30 of us, not too terribly much but honestly there were some people I already knew weren’t going to get hired, based on their way of talking (try not to sound cool or show off-y, I think that’s a horrible thing to do.) There were people who had been flight attendants before or currently working for small airlines, doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good attitude, really. Chat with people, I got lucky I met some people on my way to the training center. Just be yourself, and if you don’t really want this job, don’t apply, it’s that simple.
    It took them a while to call me name. BY THE WAY they told us they are doing things a little bit differently now, I agree it’s really nothing like what I read on here before. Instead of starting with one on one I got two recruiters interviewing me. They were SUPER NICE, I mean I don’t just tell you people are nice I’m not that kind of person, but these two recruiters were something else. One of them is a domestic lady, the other one was an international guy. They asked me a lot about scenarios, I will post as many questions as I remembered. They started with asking me about who I am, then moved on to reading an announcement out loud, it’s one that’s telling people on board that they need to fill out customs forms. Don’t be nervous just take 30 seconds read it over in your mind, then start. I would say I was in the room for maybe 20+ minutes. At the end they told me that would be stepping outside of the room to discuss, meanwhile they wanted me to think of my strongest strength and tell them what it is when they return. They were outside for about 3 minutes, came back to the room, I told them my answer, and they told me to go eat lunch at the airport and be back at 1pm. They just said “we have further questions for you so come back at 1". They sent me to the lobby to wait for the shuttle driver, I got off at terminal E (thats where they drop you off) and I went to the Marriott via the “air train” and I had lunch there.
    I think that’s as much as I can offer you all, best of luck!!!

Interview Questions

• -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had fun on the job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to make a decision at the job which you wished you would have done differently.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Applied in Oct 2014. United emailed me in December 2014 inviting me to interview Jan 2015. Interview was Jan 2015.

We handed in our resumes, then watched a video about United and did a Q&A session.
    During Q&A, recruiters came in and pulled people out one by one for the face to face interview.

During my interview there was 2 flight attendants asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions. There were some normal questions, but there were 2 or 3 that were very difficult and stumped me. Just take your time and try to think of an example to give that demonstrates your great customer service skills.
    At the end of the interview they told me to tell them why I am the best candidate and to think about my answer and they would return. They returned, I gave my answer, and told me they would be passing my notes on to the recruiting manager and to wait for a second Interview.

My second interview was with 2 people from inflight recruiting. The questions they asked were easier, and many of them were just a review of the questions I was asked before. They wanted to know if I was ready for the flight attendant lifestyle most of all. This interview was short and at the end they told me they would email me in 5-7 days and sent me home.

I was worried that this meant I didn't get the job because I read that there was 3 steps. They changed the process because I got my phone call the next day and was invited to training!

Good Luck!

Advice:
    -Come prepared with plenty of customer service examples ready to give
    -Have questions ready to ask during the Q&A and also during your interview
    -Research United and be ready to answer "Why United?" Because they ask that...a lot.
    -Rememeber to smile and keep a positive attitude

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Just had my interview today (Jan. 15, 2015). They completely changed the interview process from the previous years. It lasted a whole 2 hours at the most. When we got there we mingled and then they introduced themselves to us and talked about what the flight attendant position entailed. Pretty much the same as all the other interviews. Then, they did a question and answer session for us to ask any questions we might have. While this was going on, they pulled us out for a 2 on 1 interview. They were both very nice. I had done a lot of preparing so none of the questions they asked me were a surprise. They started off by having me read an announcement from a card about giving out documents to pax and making sure they had everything ready for customs. Then, went into the questions. They ended with asking me to think of 3 things that best describe me. They left the room and came back within 2 mins.

These are the questions they asked me:
    - Tell me about a time there was a conflict between you and a coworker.
    - Have you ever come into contact with an angry passenger? what did you do and how did they respond?
    - Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant for United?
    - Explain a stressful situation that you think a flight attendant would encounter? how did you handle it?
    - Describe a time at work when your normal duties changed. What did you do to adapt?
    - What are the three best qualities you could bring to United?
    - Those of us who are interviewing you will be flying with you today - we are all senior flight attendants, but you as a new flight attendant will be the LEAD flight attendant (i.e. supervisor). We refuse to work - no matter what you say, we will not help you. How would you handle the situation?
    - Is there anything not on your application that you would like us to know?
    - What is a misconception people may have about you?
    - Tell me about a time when you made a decision at work that you regret or that you wish you had done differently.
    - How much do you know about being "on reserve"
    - Tell me about at time when you had fun at work
    - Tell me about a time when you faced a change in work and how did you adapt to this change? (This could be with policy also)

Those are all the questions I remembered. They will send out emails within 5-7 days to let us know if we got the job or not. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at work when there was a change, and how did you adapt?
      Is there anything not on the application that you would like us to know?

2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It's exactly how everyone on here said it would be. Be prepared to move to SFO.. and be there for years as they said that base needs flight attendants and transferring out is near impossible. You'll also be on reserve for several years as well but that's not too bad depending on your personality. Reserve can be exciting if you are spontaneous but if you're more of a structured individual then you might want to look elsewhere. Anyway, I received a second interview with two recruiters who honestly threw me off. One guy was not paying me any mind while the other was shaking his head while I was talking and after that I messed up horribly and was told they'd email me in a week. I take that as I didn't get the job but honestly it was a great learning experience. Make sure you're dressed sharp! Ladies.. a nice suit and low heels. I saw some people who had khaki pants and too high heels..they were eliminated immediately. Dress as if you're already a flight attendant and be confident! Do not let these people intimidate you in any way! Remember, they're human just like you. Best of luck to you all and if you don't get the job do not be discouraged. There's a time for everyone to do something and it may not be your moment but be patient and never give up if this is what you dream of doing! Even if it takes 4 tries.. don't be defeated! I saw many sad faces and heard people say they're never trying again but don't have that attitude. Stay positive and trust your journey for everyones is different. Have fun and make sure you keep in touch with the other candidates. I met some incredible people and forgot to get their contact information.

Interview Questions

• What would be a challenge a flight attendant might face?

Tell me about yourself.

What do you know about this position?

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job on March 14 and within 2 weeks, United invite me to a hotel for a interview. I left my house very early to best traffic and when I walked in I was greeted by United Flight Attendants and I also met a pilot .Super nice! The interview process was a little different from what I read on here so beware that changes will be made. The recruiter will ask you to read a card! it takes 30 secs so don't worry! She went over my resume and then I asked me questions like when was the last time you had fun at work?

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The Same process as everyone else stated. Very fast process. Applied online, received notification my application was received. A few days later I was invited to the group interview but had to call this number in which is very difficult to get through to book you flight date. It took about two days to get through but hey if you really want this job very bad, you'll do what you gotta do !! You don't have to have your passport when you go to the group interview but You MUST have your passport before entering training. Overall a wonderful experience !! Good Luck to all of you!!

Interview Questions

• Time me a time you regret at work ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had fun at work ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to assist a customer?   1 Answer
    • Besides getting to travel, Why do you want to be a F/A ?   Answer Question

Ramp Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I applied online for the position in mid March. Got a call next day inviting me for a personal interview. They played a short slideshow about the company and handed literature. After a short lecture about the company and their expectations, they started to call people by their names. My interviewer was really nice and asked me different questions / scenarios related to my job experiences. At the end, she told me that they were going to run background checks next week and would get back in touch. Left the interview with a positive feeling.

A week went by, two weeks and nothing. When I was least expecting, United recruiting team called me offering the position (a total of 16 days after the interview)!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember most of it. They asked me 5 different questions and I needed to use examples from my past job experiences.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions about yourself, jobs and scenarios. Take your time and make sure to use the STAR method. The entire process is short, it is different for everyone. Some are asked to stay, I was not and received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception people have about you.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Had to sit and wait for a one on one interview then if you did well, you would get a second interview and then they would contact you about the job. Pretty much if you get the 2nd interview you would get the job. It was a great experience since this was my first interview for a flight attendant. Just look at what the other people wrote on here and you will do fine. Study about the company too.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Just be yourself! I just got home today and I am very nervous because I heard if you get a email that mean you didn't get the job�� so I am praying. Short Short interview! You are only there for 20mins. You read an Annonucment off a card and answer some behavior questions

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception people have about you?   1 Answer