United Airlines

United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in December 2014.

I got there super early around 7:40. (I left my hotel at 7:30ish so it’s really close by from Ramada) Walked into a room with the other candidates. We chatted and they told us the process will start at 8:30 when they collect our resume, gave you a blue sheet to read about the position, confirmed your returning flight and gave you a name tag. Then after a short moment someone gave us a slide show explaining basic stuff about being a flight attendant, like being on reserve and the pay…etc.
    After that the recruiters came in and called people out one by one. Meanwhile someone else came in to answer questions. I asked ALOT of questions but not to impress anyone I just really wanted to know about the position. The guy who answered my questions wasn’t even part of the recruiters so you don’t have to really worry about ‘oh if i don’t ask question i won’t have a chance’. There was about 30 of us, not too terribly much but honestly there were some people I already knew weren’t going to get hired, based on their way of talking (try not to sound cool or show off-y, I think that’s a horrible thing to do.) There were people who had been flight attendants before or currently working for small airlines, doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good attitude, really. Chat with people, I got lucky I met some people on my way to the training center. Just be yourself, and if you don’t really want this job, don’t apply, it’s that simple.
    It took them a while to call me name. BY THE WAY they told us they are doing things a little bit differently now, I agree it’s really nothing like what I read on here before. Instead of starting with one on one I got two recruiters interviewing me. They were SUPER NICE, I mean I don’t just tell you people are nice I’m not that kind of person, but these two recruiters were something else. One of them is a domestic lady, the other one was an international guy. They asked me a lot about scenarios, I will post as many questions as I remembered. They started with asking me about who I am, then moved on to reading an announcement out loud, it’s one that’s telling people on board that they need to fill out customs forms. Don’t be nervous just take 30 seconds read it over in your mind, then start. I would say I was in the room for maybe 20+ minutes. At the end they told me that would be stepping outside of the room to discuss, meanwhile they wanted me to think of my strongest strength and tell them what it is when they return. They were outside for about 3 minutes, came back to the room, I told them my answer, and they told me to go eat lunch at the airport and be back at 1pm. They just said “we have further questions for you so come back at 1". They sent me to the lobby to wait for the shuttle driver, I got off at terminal E (thats where they drop you off) and I went to the Marriott via the “air train” and I had lunch there.
    I think that’s as much as I can offer you all, best of luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had fun on the job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to make a decision at the job which you wished you would have done differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in January 2015.

Just had my interview today (Jan. 15, 2015). They completely changed the interview process from the previous years. It lasted a whole 2 hours at the most. When we got there we mingled and then they introduced themselves to us and talked about what the flight attendant position entailed. Pretty much the same as all the other interviews. Then, they did a question and answer session for us to ask any questions we might have. While this was going on, they pulled us out for a 2 on 1 interview. They were both very nice. I had done a lot of preparing so none of the questions they asked me were a surprise. They started off by having me read an announcement from a card about giving out documents to pax and making sure they had everything ready for customs. Then, went into the questions. They ended with asking me to think of 3 things that best describe me. They left the room and came back within 2 mins.

These are the questions they asked me:
    - Tell me about a time there was a conflict between you and a coworker.
    - Have you ever come into contact with an angry passenger? what did you do and how did they respond?
    - Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant for United?
    - Explain a stressful situation that you think a flight attendant would encounter? how did you handle it?
    - Describe a time at work when your normal duties changed. What did you do to adapt?
    - What are the three best qualities you could bring to United?
    - Those of us who are interviewing you will be flying with you today - we are all senior flight attendants, but you as a new flight attendant will be the LEAD flight attendant (i.e. supervisor). We refuse to work - no matter what you say, we will not help you. How would you handle the situation?
    - Is there anything not on your application that you would like us to know?
    - What is a misconception people may have about you?
    - Tell me about a time when you made a decision at work that you regret or that you wish you had done differently.
    - How much do you know about being "on reserve"
    - Tell me about at time when you had fun at work
    - Tell me about a time when you faced a change in work and how did you adapt to this change? (This could be with policy also)

Those are all the questions I remembered. They will send out emails within 5-7 days to let us know if we got the job or not. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time at work when there was a change, and how did you adapt?
      Is there anything not on the application that you would like us to know?

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Applied in Oct 2014. United emailed me in December 2014 inviting me to interview Jan 2015. Interview was Jan 2015.

We handed in our resumes, then watched a video about United and did a Q&A session.
    During Q&A, recruiters came in and pulled people out one by one for the face to face interview.

During my interview there was 2 flight attendants asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions. There were some normal questions, but there were 2 or 3 that were very difficult and stumped me. Just take your time and try to think of an example to give that demonstrates your great customer service skills.
    At the end of the interview they told me to tell them why I am the best candidate and to think about my answer and they would return. They returned, I gave my answer, and told me they would be passing my notes on to the recruiting manager and to wait for a second Interview.

My second interview was with 2 people from inflight recruiting. The questions they asked were easier, and many of them were just a review of the questions I was asked before. They wanted to know if I was ready for the flight attendant lifestyle most of all. This interview was short and at the end they told me they would email me in 5-7 days and sent me home.

I was worried that this meant I didn't get the job because I read that there was 3 steps. They changed the process because I got my phone call the next day and was invited to training!

Good Luck!

Advice:
    -Come prepared with plenty of customer service examples ready to give
    -Have questions ready to ask during the Q&A and also during your interview
    -Research United and be ready to answer "Why United?" Because they ask that...a lot.
    -Rememeber to smile and keep a positive attitude

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I applied Oct 27, got an email on Nov 21 saying that they had received my application and are now reviewing it. Then Nov 25 I got email inviting me to the F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do? Answer Question   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Applied in November, heard something a month and a half later saying my resume is being forwarded to the inflight department and will be contacted for a face to face interview, which was sent almost immediately after the first email. Called the number listed to set up my interview, it's in a few days from now.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Applied online-process took about 6 weeks to the interview.
    Four week after I applied online,I received email saying that they invited me to participate the interview in Houston,TX. If you you live further than 4 hours away from the city you could arrange the flight to the interview. You will get flight itinerary a week later or 2 days prior to travel day.

My interview date was on Dec,17. The interview started at 8:30 am.There were about 30 candidates and 12 crew on that day. They informed you to drop the resume in the back of the room. While you wait in the room, Some of candidates were called out to the other room to have F2F interview with 2 F/As.The questions are about the same as other candidates have reviewed here. If you are offered to the later interview,you would get a note to come back in the afternoon. But I didn't so they escorted me to the waiting area to catch the shuttle to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • Time that when you have conflict with your co workers.
      Tell me when people has the misconcept about you.

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

I applied online in Nov. and received an email in Dec. to call and schedule an interview. My interview will be held in Houston in Jan. I'm preparing for it now. This is the first time for flight attendant F2F interview, nervous! I'v got to do a lot of work and research for my interview. Good luck for me!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer asked something of you at a time that was inconvenient to you.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2014.

I applied on October 23rd and had my interview on November 11th in Houston. They told me to be there earlier than 830AM. I suggest you get there by 8AM. I suggest looking the part. Dress as if you are already a flight attendant. As soon as you walk in, make sure to introduce yourself to everyone. Be yourself. Tell the others interviewing your name and smile. There were 14 people in my interview group. They were all so nice. Talk to people. It really helps if you're anxious. The interview process began at 850ish. They play an intro video and answer questions then they begin calling people back for their individual face to face interview. During this time if you're still in the room waiting, continue talking to the people around you. When my name got called I was interviewed by two recruiters. They were so kind and made me feel at ease. They had me read an announcement out loud and asked me about ten questions. Most of the questions they asked were mentioned on this website in previous interview posts so look at those and be ready. Don't sound like a robot when you're giving your answers. Like I said, be yourself. They really just want to know if you're going to be able to do all the duties required of you. suggest going to the United website and thoroughly looking over the requirements and what it takes to be a flight attendant. (Incorporate that information in your answers somehow). Near the end of the interview, the interviewers stepped outside to talk and when they came back in they invited me to the second interview which they called a panel interview. They told me to come back at 2pm. I came back at 2 and there were nine people from my group remaining. We got called back one by one and got interviewed by two hiring managers. I got called back and asked a few more questions. They were really just asking questions to see if I was sure I could handle the lifestyle and stress of being a flight attendant. At the end of the interview, they said they'd look over my paperwork and get back to me in a few days. (This threw me off because I read on here that if you don't get invited to training on the spot then you won't get invited at all). I was bummed leaving but still kept a smile on my face and thanked them for their time. I got an email today from United inviting me to training so don't panic if you don't get invited to training on the spot. They have changed their interview process. I hope this post helped. The best thing you can do is be friendly and be yourself. I had such a great time interacting with my interview group and my recruiters. It was a great experience. I pray everything goes well for all of you who are interviewing. May God's favor be upon you!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work when you did something you regretted.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    If they think you'll be a good asset to the company, you will get invited to training where you have to pass that successfully before becoming an actual employee of United Airlines.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Got a call the night before the interview and did three interviews with no breaks In between. They took me out for lunch afterwards. It was overall a good experience. People were nice but seemed a bit bored with their daily job other than free flight perks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines.

fill out application on line, then if they like you they will fly you out to Houston, you come in the room watch the video and then you are called back for a 2:1 interview, if they like you they tell you to go back to the airport have lunch and come back for second interview.