United Airlines

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2013.

There was no interview. I was hand-picked for this role. I believe there were other competitive potential candidates for this position but as usual, I got assisted into this role. I didn't merit it. I had years of experience with Continental as a Field Specialists-Compliance but not a Safety background.

Interview Questions
    • No formal interview took place. It was all casual and informal discussions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't given what I negotiated. It was more or less, take it or leave it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for an in person interview 2 weeks later. the interviews were with a director and with 2 senior managers, one that I would be replacing. the 2nd sr manager interviewing me was inappropriately dressed - faded torn jeans and a shirt with a plunging neckline. the other sr manager was very professional, appropriately dressed and asked most of the questions. I was not hired, according to the recruiter who called me 3 days later, because I was "not a good fit" with the team. I think the plunging neckline woman didn't want another woman on the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice why I wanted to work at United Airlines.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines.

Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Sent me an email to schedule a phone interview which is about 1 hour, asked some behavior questions and brain teasers. Then an on-site interview which includes a paper exam of OR modeling, statistics, SAS, C++ and two people from the group mainly talked about the projects listed on my resume.

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

cost of living

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Cattle call; then one on one. After successful completion of interview - then drug test and physical. After successfully completing unpaid training for 6 wks - then you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught one of your co-workers stealing?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in January 2013.

There was quite a large number of people in a meeting room, and they will do a 1-on-1 interview.
    Most people who were going to the next stage were people who are bilinguals. They were just asking
    some general question, such as "how did you deal with an angry customer or a colleague you don't like by giving your own experience."

Interview Questions
    • When I was in the final stage of the interview, two man who were likely senior managers or supervisors asked me "why would you like to be a flight attendant". I answered them that I like to deal with different kind of people and would feel happy when solving their problems, blablabla. However, they didn't say anything but let me go. It only took me less than a minute for the final stage.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in August 2013.

Initial communication from HR department was professional and timely. Once interviews were completed there was no further communication positive or negative over the next 3 weeks. Contacted HR personnel that coordinated the interview process and he could not verify if the position was filled. Referred me to a manager via email. I received an email 8 days later informing me the position had been placed on hold and would require new interviews if reactivated.

Interview Questions
    • Why upgrade to new versions of software when the version in use works well for the corporation?   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
    2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
    3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
    4-A business interview for 30 minutes
    5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Questions
    Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

Revenue Management Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines.

Applied through united.jobs website. Contacted me for a phone interview. Mostly behavior with a tab of critical thinking to see how I approach revenue questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when your goals or recommendations have not been used by management.   Answer Question
    • If we were to add 6" of leg room to economy class, what factors would you consider first?   Answer Question