United Airlines

216 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Revenue Management Intern Interview

Revenue Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – Applied through united.jobs website. Contacted me for a phone interview. Mostly behavior with a tab of critical thinking to see how I approach revenue questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your goals or recommendations have not been used by management.   Answer Question
  • If we were to add 6" of leg room to economy class, what factors would you consider first?   Answer Question

Employee Service Center Representative Interview

Employee Service Center Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – The interview was all behavioral and needs to be answered in the STAR format. After I applied I received an email from the recruiter within a week letting me know I was selected for an in person interview and what was the salary range they offer for the position. I replied stating I was interested and scheduled my interview for a few days later. At the interview they did not ask me any questions about myself but went direct to explaining about the position and I was asked 5 scenario questions. I was given a written test as well.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty easy and scenarios you may have already experienced before. I did not get the job which was very sad but it was because they hired internally. A friend of mine who used to work for the company told me that she knew the person they hired and it was an internal candidate.   View Answers (2)

Airport Staff Interview

Airport Staff

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – After the online application the first contact is via phone. Then 2 interviews later you are notified of the results.

Interview Question – What has been the most difficult decision you've made and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base on experience and salary band. My manager offered me the highest pay in my band.

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Dulles, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – I've applied online. A week later I was called for a quick phone screening and I was given a date for the interview. On the day of the interview there was a quick presentation of the company with HR, Recruiting and station trainers. The interview was fairly short and it was by the STAR Process. The interview was 2 on 1.

Interview Question – I was not expecting the interview to be STAR.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very informal. Spoke only with hiring manager/director. Was offered the job within several days.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher hourly rate than initially offered.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Inventory Planner Interview

Senior Inventory Planner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible - Scripted 100%, and no deviation from the STAR process. Hiring Manager was foreigner, who was very difficult to understand, and every question had to be repeated 3-4 times in order to decipher what was being asked into English.

Interview Question – STAR process is stupid and ridiculous, No chance to sell your skills and experience. Just answer the question in the Situation-Task-Action-Result format. And nothing more. Very structured, and interviewers were more concerned about getting back to their jobs than spending any quality time in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sr. Managers struck me as idiots who had no idea of airline inventory planning, or even the basics of how to accomplish it.

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received 2ooo dollars in bonuses, and I only interview two with company and landed the job.

Interview Question – The difficult question I had was do you plan to live on the little amount money for six months.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – always wait until they give you an offer such as welcome letter, and pay rate.

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online I don't remember the date but I got an email for an invitation to interview with them a couple months later. I flew over to Houston Texas and you rest for the day you arrive then interview the next day. You arrive by shuttle and when you walk into the doors a recruiter has everyone line up on the side of the wall before they enter, then you enter when everyone (other attendants). They sit you down in a room and they was about 30 other applicants. They explain about United Airlines and you get to ask questions about the company or the job. Then the recruiters call you in. Maybe 5 recruiters but each to one applicant. You walk into another room and interview with them. It was really easy. The recruiter ask name a time you had a difficulty with a Co worker, why do you want to be a flight attendant and which job do you think helped you with your customer service. There were about 5 but those are the ones I remember. Then if they like you they slip you a note to stay, if not they tell you they'll send you an email. They tell you that they read forums and don't listen to people about getting an email and not getting the job and that they're doing things differently. NOT TRUE. I kept contact with all the girls on the bus going back and they all didn't get the job. UNITED is really nice though so don't give up !

Interview Question – None all easy   Answer Question

Airport Sales Agent Interview

Airport Sales Agent
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online directly on their website and I received a call the next day. I was given a phone interview and then emailed instructions to go to the hiring event which was held at a hotel. There were over 100 applicants there when I arrived. I signed in and waited for my name to be called. I got hired on the spot once interviewed. There was a fitness test I had to do a few days later. It was a gym type setting where they tested how much you could lift and it also tested your lower back.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview only.

Interview Question – why you want to leave current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated 3% more pay with AIM because this was a contract job as well with no guarantee to hire for permanent position.