United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

They fly you out to Houston the day before your interview. You turn in your resume and they confirm your flight back. They start with a short power point, Q&A session to ask any questions you may have. One by one recruiters come in and take you to a different room for a 1on1 interview. If you are asked to stay back that is a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge you think you may face being a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Every recent post is correct. That's the way they do things now. But I can add that the hiring is for the Continental side of the company. Even though United has merged with CO, they are still 2 different companies internally. And believe me CO is VERY different from UA. They are interviewing groups of 50 and only hiring 2. Even though they need to fill 2500 positions. They make their decision to invite you to the 2nd interview when your waiting with the other applicants. And yes it's true if they send you back to the airport after that first interview you did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

Two Rounds. First they ask you customer services questions to inquire about your experience, then they give you potential situations you could face on a flight. they ask you how you would handle them. Be sure to STAR the interview. That said, what they don't tell you is that you have to work at SFO aka the most expensive part of the country. They also don't tell you they only guarantee you 83 hours of pay at 20.49/hour per month. That's before taxes, social security, union dues (which are required), and health benefits. That's crazy and it's not like you can get a second job because you're on call 24/7. It's also clear the company doesn't really care about its employees. Why have a union if the employees are taken care of?

I got hired on the spot, but two days later I told them I didn't want to work for them if their pay is crap. Maybe if I was working 40 hours/week I would think differently. Don't waste your time, apply to Delta.

If you really want the job read what other people have written, because everything prior to my post was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didn't get along with an employee?
      What's a common misconception about you.
      How do you handle an angry passenger?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

Not much to it. Met in a hotel room for presentation with about 80 other candidates in Houston. They went over salary and job information, and they advised that everyone in this training class would be assigned to San Francisco, and would have to move there ( no crash pads or commuting). Since the majority of the candidates in the session I was in were from the East Coast and wanted to be in Newark. this did not go over well. Many candidates were from Regional Airlines. They also said you would be in San Francisco thru at least the 8 month probationary period before you could put in a transfer.Training was to be in Houston for 5 weeks, and is unpaid. After presentation, there was a short question and answer session, 8-10 recruiters came in and began calling names for individual interviews. Interviews were only 15-20 minutes long and 8-10 basic questions ( ex. why United?), and situational questions: What would you do if you were working with a person that refused to help with a beverage service, etc. Some off the wall questions like What is a misconception a CUSTOMER would have about you? Made no sense to me since a customer that is just meeting you would not know you well enough to have a misconception about you. That question through me and I tensed up after that. Got an e-mail from United yesterday that I was not chosen to "move forward," but I will try again, as it is a good airline that I would like to work for>

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

Start in a group interview more like an introduction then you have a one on one if they have additional questions they will ask you to stay, don't think this means you made it. This could be the deciding factor so don't get relaxed or too tense just listen to the questions and answer them, no fluff needed just direct & to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a FA?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when a co-worker was refusing to do their job while working with you & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

Had a phone screening, then offered to come onsite for in person interview. Interview was very straight forward. It was a panel type interview. Very nice. I enjoyed the process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

One-on-one interviews in a large room. After, I was taken with about five other people to wait (and wait) in another room. After a while, we were called one at a time to sit with two people from HR and another flight attendant for another interview. They said we would be contacted within five days.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I applied Oct 27, got an email on Nov 21 saying that they had received my application and are now reviewing it. Then Nov 25 I got email inviting me to the F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do? Answer Question   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Applied in November, heard something a month and a half later saying my resume is being forwarded to the inflight department and will be contacted for a face to face interview, which was sent almost immediately after the first email. Called the number listed to set up my interview, it's in a few days from now.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Applied online-process took about 6 weeks to the interview.
    Four week after I applied online,I received email saying that they invited me to participate the interview in Houston,TX. If you you live further than 4 hours away from the city you could arrange the flight to the interview. You will get flight itinerary a week later or 2 days prior to travel day.

My interview date was on Dec,17. The interview started at 8:30 am.There were about 30 candidates and 12 crew on that day. They informed you to drop the resume in the back of the room. While you wait in the room, Some of candidates were called out to the other room to have F2F interview with 2 F/As.The questions are about the same as other candidates have reviewed here. If you are offered to the later interview,you would get a note to come back in the afternoon. But I didn't so they escorted me to the waiting area to catch the shuttle to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • Time that when you have conflict with your co workers.
      Tell me when people has the misconcept about you.

Answer Question