United Airlines

www.united.com

United Airlines Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines.

Screened initially by an HR associate, then a senior associate within the hiring department, then onto the reporting manager, and ultimately with the head of the department. When the offer is given, it is expected to make a decision within a short period of time.

Worked with the hiring manager and HR.

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

Applied online, was asked for a little more information which I provided via Email. Face to face interview was scheduled, and then it was rescheduled due to a conflict with the hiring manager. New Interview date was set, I took the day off and went down to meet with the manager, and he was a no show. Recruiter wasn't answering her phone. Left after 30 minutes of standing around waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Airlines in June 2012.

I was interviewed for a position as training manager. Since the job posting was only opened for a day, I figured it was one of those situations where the right person was already hired, they just had to go through the formalities. I was flown to Chicago to meet with two people at the airport. As we talked, they would then remind themselves of my qualifications. I thought that was a little tacky. They could have at least reviewed my resume before the interview!

Interview Questions
    • They use the standard United Interview protocol that uses the STAR technique. It was easy to research online and I prepared for it, but I still didn't answer the questions 100% correctly. I couldn't always think of a good example for each on the spot.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2011.

As a result of the Continental / United Airlines merger, all levels of employees were required to interview for their current positions. The interview was generally a dialogue, with candidates learning about the new processes and structure going forward for the newly merged corporation, as well as new leadership learning about candidates and the processes and structure they were used to.

The vast majority of leadership positions (VP, SVP and EVP) were filled by Continental employees. As the company worked to fill positions at lower levels, more legacy United personnel were retained or selected for positions, achieving an approximate 50/50 mix of Continental and United personnel.

Interview Questions
    • General STAR interview format used - Situation, Task, Action & Result. Most questions were geared to 'tell me about a time you faced' followed by, 'conflicting deadlines', 'change in corporate direction late in your project', etc. No real tough questions asked. At the end of the interview, I was asked what accomplishment I was most proud of.   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in February 2007.

had a very simple phone interview on a one to one basis. Were asked about my past career in sales and few questions on e-commerce related areas. Were asked about numbers and data mining and the scope of how I would increase sales for United airlines in the bay area.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what I would most likely have difficulty three years from now.   Answer Question