United Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Operations Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in August 2011.

Interview Details – Standard United Airlines Interview process. The interview was conducted my a hiring manager and another manager level employee. There were many situational questions.
Tell me about a time:
You disagreed with your boss.
You were presented a problem that you didn't know the solution.
had a conflict with a coworker

Tell me:
About yourself
Your career thus far
What do you want out of this job

Interview Question – There were really no unanswerable questions. You either had the type of expereince they wanted to discuss or you didn't. Just be prepared to discuss your past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an opportunity to negotiate, but not successful

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Operations Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2011.

Interview Details – The accent of the interviewer was extremely hard to understand, which led some serious misunderstanding. The questions were simple math problems. Like a ball drops from 4 meters high, and every time it hits the ground, it bounces up 3/4 the height from which it falls. What is the total distance the ball goes till the end? A cell divides into 2 cells every 30 min, how many will we have after 24 hrs if we start with 1 cell?

Interview Question – Tell me about your research   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at United Airlines

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

United Airlines Videos

United Airlines – Why Work for Us?

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance. With the right qualifications, attitude and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Airlines Operations Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by United Airlines employees and interview candidates.