United Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

A&P Mechanic Interview

A&P Mechanic
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

Reason for Declining – cost of living

Airport Operations Zone Control - Supervisor Interview

Airport Operations Zone Control - Supervisor
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at United Airlines in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted to set up an interview, they flew me to San Francisco to interview three days later. The three interviewers were energetic and welcoming. They answered most of my questions, the interview should have lasted around 45 minutes, mine lasted about an hour and a half because we just kept talking, it was great. I was told that they would be making their decision very quickly and I would hear either way.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, What was the outcome of your choices, and What did you learn from it?   View Answer

Amt Interview

Amt
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – When I hired on I had an initial intrview with human resources, then another interview with a person that went over experience at other jobs and how it related to the position I was applying for, then I had an interview with a tester and was given a written test 100 questions on the basic skills of the job I was appling for, and after that I was given a practical test. after that I was interviewed by a board of 4 people and asked a few questions about the job and how I would handle certain cituations under pressure. Then I was sent to go take a short physical and a drug test. Two weeks later I was called and offered the job.

Interview Question – Question that caught me off guard was what would I do if I was constantly being put on a certain undesirable job day in and day out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a Union Job so there was no negotiating.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Airlines in March 2012.

Interview Details – You'll have to go through an interview process that is based on senarios. They will present you with a number of situations and you'll have to pick the best action.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Just be prepared to answer questions like what would you do if you were faced with .... situation.   Answer Question

Thrust Reversers Shop Supervisor Interview

Thrust Reversers Shop Supervisor
South San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Airlines in November 2010.

Interview Details – Clear and organized inital and up to the interview communication, interview panel of three people, the UAL hiring manager and two other UAL maintenance employees.

Interview Question – What has been your greatest job contribution in all your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Maintinance Supervisor Interview

Maintinance Supervisor
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – Typical Interview. 45 minutes of panel questions.

Interview Question – Name a time where you made a decision that saved the company money?   Answer Question

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!