United Airlines

Updated Feb 12, 2015

3.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Airlines.

They only gave me 1 interview , but they have another group at 1... does this mean that I didn't get the job? The people were nice. They said they would contact everyone within a week.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines in February 2015.

The interview started in group, then they called out name for a one on one interview. If you passed the first interview you were told to go grab a bite to eat and come back for the second interview. The second interview was with 2 recruiters. All the questions that were posted before, were right on target. Come prepared and come dressed line a flight attendant. Good Luck.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions posted before were right on the money.   Answer Question

Airport Operations Zone Control - Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at United Airlines in May 2013.

I was contacted to set up an interview, they flew me to San Francisco to interview three days later. The three interviewers were energetic and welcoming. They answered most of my questions, the interview should have lasted around 45 minutes, mine lasted about an hour and a half because we just kept talking, it was great. I was told that they would be making their decision very quickly and I would hear either way.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, What was the outcome of your choices, and What did you learn from it?   View Answer

Amt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines.

When I hired on I had an initial intrview with human resources, then another interview with a person that went over experience at other jobs and how it related to the position I was applying for, then I had an interview with a tester and was given a written test 100 questions on the basic skills of the job I was appling for, and after that I was given a practical test. after that I was interviewed by a board of 4 people and asked a few questions about the job and how I would handle certain cituations under pressure. Then I was sent to go take a short physical and a drug test. Two weeks later I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Question that caught me off guard was what would I do if I was constantly being put on a certain undesirable job day in and day out.   View Answer
    It was a Union Job so there was no negotiating.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Airlines in March 2012.

You'll have to go through an interview process that is based on senarios. They will present you with a number of situations and you'll have to pick the best action.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Just be prepared to answer questions like what would you do if you were faced with .... situation.   Answer Question

Thrust Reversers Shop Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Airlines in November 2010.

Clear and organized inital and up to the interview communication, interview panel of three people, the UAL hiring manager and two other UAL maintenance employees.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest job contribution in all your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Maintinance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in July 2010.

Typical Interview. 45 minutes of panel questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you made a decision that saved the company money?   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at United Airlines in February 2010.

Fair as can be expected people were kind, sincere and professional was what I expected but just wasn't for me all people associated were very professional, obviously educated on their profession.

cost of living