United Airlines

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
4-A business interview for 30 minutes
5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Question – How to estimate the number of potholes in Chicago?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview Details – The process starts with a written test that is quite simple but requires about 10 hours to solve and write. I am still not sure what were the right solutions for some problems (they are written in business language), but guess I got good score.

The phone interview was quite easy. The interviewer was from my country, and we could communicate in our own language. We went through my CV/experience, then I was asked several questions that would be typical for an introductory course in my field. I prepared some questions to ask about the job, but we did not have time left. In particular, I wanted to know what kind of problems the group solves.

For the onsite interview, I had written test (with several other candidates in one room - did feel like a college exam). The written test again was quite fuzzy, but this is probably how everything works there.

The people are quite nice and relaxed, many wear jeans. There is a choice of coffee or water in the bistro.

The person I talked to was very friendly. However, he was from another group and could not explain what I will be doing. The cases I was solving also did not help me much in clarifying it. But this is not my concern, bc this is a short internship. I also got a feeling that the interviewer does not know much in my field - he confused correlation with independence and struggled with understanding the difference between weak and strong laws of large numbers.

My general impression is that they are concerned more about choosing right candidate (whatever they mean by this) for them instead of informing the candidate about the position.

Interview Question – Question about variables transformation in the regression.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at United Airlines in June 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a telephone Interview by the manager. I was later called in for a personal interview. It was for almost an hour and I was interviewed by the manager and the MD.

Final offer was made after two weeks and I accepted it.

Interview Question – Describe about how you can get information you need for any project?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Airlines

Worked for United Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

United Airlines Videos

United Airlines – Why Work for Us?

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages new ideas and rewards performance. With the right qualifications, attitude and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Airlines Senior Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Airlines employees and interview candidates.