United Airlines

Updated May 11, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at United Airlines in April 2014.

1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
4-A business interview for 30 minutes
5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Questions
Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Airlines.

The process starts with a written test that is quite simple but requires about 10 hours to solve and write. I am still not sure what were the right solutions for some problems (they are written in business language), but guess I got good score.

The phone interview was quite easy. The interviewer was from my country, and we could communicate in our own language. We went through my CV/experience, then I was asked several questions that would be typical for an introductory course in my field. I prepared some questions to ask about the job, but we did not have time left. In particular, I wanted to know what kind of problems the group solves.

For the onsite interview, I had written test (with several other candidates in one room - did feel like a college exam). The written test again was quite fuzzy, but this is probably how everything works there.

The people are quite nice and relaxed, many wear jeans. There is a choice of coffee or water in the bistro.

The person I talked to was very friendly. However, he was from another group and could not explain what I will be doing. The cases I was solving also did not help me much in clarifying it. But this is not my concern, bc this is a short internship. I also got a feeling that the interviewer does not know much in my field - he confused correlation with independence and struggled with understanding the difference between weak and strong laws of large numbers.

My general impression is that they are concerned more about choosing right candidate (whatever they mean by this) for them instead of informing the candidate about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Question about variables transformation in the regression.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at United Airlines in June 2011.

First round was a telephone Interview by the manager. I was later called in for a personal interview. It was for almost an hour and I was interviewed by the manager and the MD.

Final offer was made after two weeks and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe about how you can get information you need for any project?   Answer Question