United Auto Credit Corp

3.1

Funding Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at United Auto Credit Corp.

It was pretty straightforward. Phone and then 1:1 interview with a panel of 2 people. They go for recent graduates who don't mind being paid very little. Negotiate as much as you can to get a higher amount.

Loan Processor But They Interviewed Me for Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in March 2013.

I applied at a onsite job fair at the Hurst conference center. There wasn't very many people there you walked up to a table they give you a application you go in a room and fill it out until they call your name.When your name is called you go in a room with maybe 4 people. I interviewed with a laid back gentleman. He basically asked me about my resume. He asked me what job I was applying for. I told him loan processor and then he said OK and skipped back to telling me he needed Auto collectors and what they did and paid. I was a little confused because the website said they were hiring for everything including loan processors. He asked me a couple of questions, and told me the hours of the company said there was 2 shifts and you work every other weekend. He told me the pay and then said we will be calling people back later this week thank you for your time. It was a little odd but I figured after reading the reviews on here I must not have gotten the job funny thing is I never wanted to be a collector I was applying for loan processor why on earth did he keep telling me about collections waist of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None all were the same tell me about your last position   Answer Question

United Auto Credit Corp Response

Mar 14, 2013Recruiting Manager

I apologize that this was your experience at the Career Fair. We were in fact hiring for Collectors as well as experienced Funders. If you have previous processing or funding experience within the ... More

Human Resource Assistant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in February 2013.

The Interview process was very open. They wanted to know my interest, what I wanted out of the company, and what my previous work experience was.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use your previous experience to help you grow in my new position?   Answer Question

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wild Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wild Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in October 2012.

Applied for the position was contacted by phone the next day missed the call had a message she left and an email. So I returned the call and we proceeded with what suppose to be a phone interview but I felt like it was more of a drill. We spent 45 min on the phone the longest time i've ever spent on a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • We discussed my work history I thought I covered very well considering it seemed like she was drilling me about what I did and why I was no longer there   Answer Question

Mid Range Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in December 2011.

I applied at an onsite job fair the company had, very organized
    One big room of applicants you signed in, picked up all paperwork
    and filled out eveything and waited until your name was called

Once your name was called you were walked into one of like 4 room for a brief initial interview with
    someone I'm guessing is a supervisor, that interview was very short maybe
    5 minutes top and if they thought u were a fit you were walked upstairs if not you got the "someone will call you by next week

Luckily I was walked upstairs were I waited and waited to interview with a manager
    Well everyone was in interviews so I was interviewed by the director of collections yes the big man himself so I was a little nervous but he was very nice and made the interview very relaxing
    The interview lasted about 40 mins were we discussed my resume and why I wanted to work there very standard interview

The job fair was on a Tuesday and I received my offer that Friday

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate what they were paying was better then average so I guess there was no real reason to do so!!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in July 2011.

I had brief phone interview with the HR lady and two 1:1 interviews with the Assistance Controller and someone else in the accounting department. The overall process took about 45-50 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and polite--they all seem to get along well. Parking was terrible--I was almost late because I couldn't find any free spots for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you messed up (whether at school or at work) and if so, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in June 2009.

the supervisor was very laid back. he will usually bring a normal employee into the interview with him to get additional feedback. the questions are pretty straight forward. the atmosphere of that place is very laid back. they are very loose but they are also about taking care of business. they also want to see if you fit in with the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • what is your biggest accomplishment so far?   View Answer
    all the negotiation is done with the h.r lady. the job of collector is fairly common, so they will not bend too much. if you are looking for work, you better accept the job. there is not a lot of room for negotiation at the lower level. if you are applying for upper level positions, there is probably more room for negotiation. everything is done through human resources and corporate. the interviewing manager does not have very much sway.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in April 2009.

It wasn't all that thorough. Mostly phone interviewing.