United Auto Credit Corp Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

a preinterview detail self-assessment covering personality, math, logic, and english vocabulary is required. Plan for 1-2 hours to complete. I found out about this position through a recruiter, else I would expect a phone screening prior to the in-person interviews (x2)

Interview Questions

• I didn't encournter any difficult question. The interviewers were fairly easy going. The style of the interviews were conversational.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp.

Interview

I filled out an online application. After about a week, a women called me told me she was from United Auto and would like to ask me a few backgrouund questions to see if this might be the right fit for me. They were reletevaly simple.
    Tell me about a time...
    What would you do is you saw one of your co-wokers...
    She warns you about long hours, no office your going to be checking into, so your all on your own to be effective responsible and sell.
    When she was satisfied I would be a good fit,
    I was sent over an Online Assessment exam. The exam takes approximately 3 hours.
    After the exam,
    I was contacted by another recruiting manaager, I was told that everything went now were are going to be scheduling in person interviews.
    The in person was scheduled 4 weeks !!!! Later.
    The interview was a total of 3 hours long, with a small portion of it being a sales pitch. Pitching the Regional Vice President whatever you decided to pitch.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Feb 2, 2015Recruiting Manager

We understand that the previous interview process for Sales Positions was a bit much to ask of candidates, especially those that already have a job, so we have since revised the process to make it a ... More

Dealer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

applied on line several months later received email from HR wanting to set up phone interview.Phone interview was 12/24 at noon.Interview was very upbeat and positive and last approximately 30-45 minutes.HR indicated was extremely impressed with my background,knowledge and overall experience and that next step was a person to person interview which,they wanted to setup right after holidays and that training was being setup 2nd week of February for all new hires.
    After hearing nothing I emailed HR and received auto reply that no interviews had been setup.
    As usual no response to emails or calls,just fell off the face of the earth.Total lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

United Auto Credit Corp Response

Feb 2, 2015Recruiting Manager

I apologize that this was the experience you had with our team. Our goal is to try and always respond to candidates in a timely fashion and make sure folks have a good experience whether they are ... More

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Mesa, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

First Interview is done over the phone. Extensive testing on line did in the comfort of your own home. In-house interview with 1-3 people. Relaxed atmosphere. An extensive background check is done prior to interview. Drug testing. Hiring process can take couple weeks and they only have new training every couple months. Can take a couple of months to actually start the position.

Interview Questions

• Why you left your previous jobs. No personal questions. Be prepared to explain any gaps in the work history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate your hourly rate.

Funding Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Phone and then 1:1 interview with a panel of 2 people. They go for recent graduates who don't mind being paid very little. Negotiate as much as you can to get a higher amount.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Hurst, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied at a onsite job fair at the Hurst conference center. There wasn't very many people there you walked up to a table they give you a application you go in a room and fill it out until they call your name.When your name is called you go in a room with maybe 4 people. I interviewed with a laid back gentleman. He basically asked me about my resume. He asked me what job I was applying for. I told him loan processor and then he said OK and skipped back to telling me he needed Auto collectors and what they did and paid. I was a little confused because the website said they were hiring for everything including loan processors. He asked me a couple of questions, and told me the hours of the company said there was 2 shifts and you work every other weekend. He told me the pay and then said we will be calling people back later this week thank you for your time. It was a little odd but I figured after reading the reviews on here I must not have gotten the job funny thing is I never wanted to be a collector I was applying for loan processor why on earth did he keep telling me about collections waist of my time.

Interview Questions

• None all were the same tell me about your last position   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2013Recruiting Manager

I apologize that this was your experience at the Career Fair. We were in fact hiring for Collectors as well as experienced Funders. If you have previous processing or funding experience within the ... More

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at United Auto Credit Corp in February 2013.

Interview

The Interview process was very open. They wanted to know my interest, what I wanted out of the company, and what my previous work experience was.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your previous experience to help you grow in my new position?   Answer Question

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wild Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Wild Hurst, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position was contacted by phone the next day missed the call had a message she left and an email. So I returned the call and we proceeded with what suppose to be a phone interview but I felt like it was more of a drill. We spent 45 min on the phone the longest time i've ever spent on a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my work history I thought I covered very well considering it seemed like she was drilling me about what I did and why I was no longer there   Answer Question

Mid Range Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Hurst, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied at an onsite job fair the company had, very organized
    One big room of applicants you signed in, picked up all paperwork
    and filled out eveything and waited until your name was called

Once your name was called you were walked into one of like 4 room for a brief initial interview with
    someone I'm guessing is a supervisor, that interview was very short maybe
    5 minutes top and if they thought u were a fit you were walked upstairs if not you got the "someone will call you by next week

Luckily I was walked upstairs were I waited and waited to interview with a manager
    Well everyone was in interviews so I was interviewed by the director of collections yes the big man himself so I was a little nervous but he was very nice and made the interview very relaxing
    The interview lasted about 40 mins were we discussed my resume and why I wanted to work there very standard interview

The job fair was on a Tuesday and I received my offer that Friday

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate what they were paying was better then average so I guess there was no real reason to do so!!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Auto Credit Corp (Irvine, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had brief phone interview with the HR lady and two 1:1 interviews with the Assistance Controller and someone else in the accounting department. The overall process took about 45-50 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and polite--they all seem to get along well. Parking was terrible--I was almost late because I couldn't find any free spots for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you messed up (whether at school or at work) and if so, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question