United Bankshares

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Desktop Engineer Interview

Entry Level Desktop Engineer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at United Bankshares in January 2014.

Interview Details – I apply online on their official website. Got a email a week later for a face to face interview. The HR manager was nice in asking questions that were basically behavioral and describe what your projects you did in school. The interview went quick, but wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – The question were basically behavioral and the type of question you would expect. Some questions were: What is your biggest weakness? Tell me a time where you had a problem in your project and had to figure out a solution to fix it. No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Bankshares.

Interview Details – Met for dinner/drinks with all of the applicants and the interviewers the night before. Very casual setting, but you could tell the interview had already started that night. The next day I met with two interviewers for the actual interview which only lasted about 15 minutes, all behavioral questions and specific questions about the bank itself. Did not connect well with one of the interviewers who was very condescending, yet only two years my senior.

Interview Question – Starting with 100, count backwards by 7 as fast as possible.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Bankshares in August 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly standard interview process. First met with the branch manager to get a feel for the job and environment and to see if I would be a good fit. Then the next day interviewed with an HR rep. Mostly standard interview questions; describe a personal challenge you faced and overcame, etc.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation you've faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Bankshares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Bankshares interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Bankshares employees and interview candidates.