United BioSource Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014
29 interviews

2.6

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

Was contacted by a recruitment manager on the opportunity then a phone screen was set up. Phine screen covered background and experience followed by face-to-face interview at their location. Entire cost of trip was covered by the company. A few days after the interview, received a call with an offer

Negotiate the first offer

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

Phone Interview followed by onsite interview. Met with HR person, followed by department director and 2 peer level associates. Pretty typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary.

No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

1 screening HR phone interview
    1 phone interview with member of scientific staff
    1 on-site interview with scientific team (one-on-one or two in a room with you at a time)

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. You just really need to highlight your qualitative research skills and your ability to work on multiple projects and to work with other people   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at United BioSource.

Found job and applied immediately. Got a call from their recruitment coordinator and briefly discuss my submission. Spoke with her a few days later in depth about what the position offered and what I was looking for. Several days later I had another phone interview with one of the department team leaders at which point they extended for me to come interview in person. I came in for a 3 hour interview with 4 of the team members. We went to lunch first and then I had a 30 minute Q&A session with each as well a technical assessment. They said that they would call me in a few days. About an hour later, I got a call from the recruiter that they wanted to offer me the position

Interview Questions
    • technical assessment, although not difficult, was confusing. I had no healthcare background so the scenario took some time to assess. If they are trying to assess my technical skills, it would be better done (and more effectively) with a base case vs. reading a current project and trying to decipher what this given disease area is, etc.   View Answer
    I think I undersold myself, I probably could have gotten more than I asked for. I gave a price range and they beach the top range so I wasn't in a position to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at United BioSource in November 2012.

I first had a brief phone interview with my manager, which was set up by a recruiter. That went very well and they asked me to come in for an interview. The interview was on a Friday afternoon, but nobody rushed me- I was there for 3+ hours. I talked in depth with my manager, his boss, another developer and the CIO, and the tone was friendly and casual, and I felt instant rapport with everyone. No tricky questions, just looking at my experience to see how it would be beneficial to the company. The higher ups understood my concerns about benefits and were willing to work with me to give me the benefits I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. There were no "gotcha" moments.   Answer Question
    Negotiations went through my recruiter, so it went smoothly, and I accepted their offer.

IT QA Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

Interview process was fine, although background checks slow it down.

No negotiations - the offer was firm.

Software Applications Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at United BioSource.

Phone interview with HR recruiter followed by interview with hiring manager. Hiring need was urgent. The interview was held in the office late in the evening. I was initially wary of the overtime demands this implied and that later proved to be a correct barometer read on this corporation's culture. A second follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager where I expressed that concern among others. The only answer offered was to increase the monetary offer again and again.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to estimate the budget and resources required for an ill-defined project.   View Answer
    Quick and money focused.

Clinical Site Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

3 Hour interview with 4 people.

Interview Questions
    Know your worth and negotiate.

Clinical Programmer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United BioSource.

One interview with three employees followed by a written SAS programming evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • The SAS programming evaluation was written making it difficult unless you had all the syntax memorized.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United BioSource in October 2012.

The entire process was pretty quick and seemless. I exchanged a couple emails with the recruiter, then the phone interview. A week later I came in for the interview, 4 people including a HR rep.

Everybody was nice and courteous. It's a typical interview but I was so nervous since I thought the job was perfect for me. I wanted it! I was really excited about the company too. Unfortunately, they didn't find me fit.

Interview Questions
    • How do I push team members to perform when they are in 2 different locations (somewhere along those lines)   Answer Question

Worked for United BioSource? Contribute to the Community!