United BioSource

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Engineer I Interview

Software Test Engineer I
Langhorne, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United BioSource in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was your standard types of interviews. First a phone interview, then a face to face interview will various people at the local office. Then another final phone interview with a Software Test Engineer.

Standard interview questions were asked that were along the lines of your skill set, work habits, and tech knowledge of web and telephony applications. Also, specific questions were asked about your documentation knowledge and SQL knowledge.

The interviewers were very nice and straight forward for the most part about the potion. Overtime due to the project timeliness, amount of work and the time difference between the San Francisco office was expressed during the course of the interviews and it was in an attempt to see if you put in the commitment needed to get the projects testing done. Even if it means working a lot of overtime at a moments notice.

Interview Question – What is the level of your documentation skills and SQL knowledge?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was declined due to the overtime requirements that was expressed during the course of the interviews. I felt that the overtime requirements would have been to extreme for a good work/life balance to exist. The idea of working to 8 PM sometimes during the week because the west coast office was 3 hours behind just did not see fair to me. Starting work at a normal time like 8 am and ending my day at 8 pm sometimes just did not appeal to me. It was expressed during the interviews that overtime would be required due to the time difference between the Langhorne office and the San Francisco office. I felt that the overtime that was being required was also due to poor planning projects (all projects are given a 2 week max time line regardless of complexity), and lack of qualified employees to meet the demands of the company's work load.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United BioSource? Contribute to the Community!

United BioSource Videos

United BioSource – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are: United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United BioSource interview questions and advice in Langhorne, PA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by United BioSource employees and interview candidates.