United BioSource

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United BioSource in September 2009.

The interview process was your standard types of interviews. First a phone interview, then a face to face interview will various people at the local office. Then another final phone interview with a Software Test Engineer.

Standard interview questions were asked that were along the lines of your skill set, work habits, and tech knowledge of web and telephony applications. Also, specific questions were asked about your documentation knowledge and SQL knowledge.

The interviewers were very nice and straight forward for the most part about the potion. Overtime due to the project timeliness, amount of work and the time difference between the San Francisco office was expressed during the course of the interviews and it was in an attempt to see if you put in the commitment needed to get the projects testing done. Even if it means working a lot of overtime at a moments notice.

Interview Questions
    • What is the level of your documentation skills and SQL knowledge?   View Answer

The offer was declined due to the overtime requirements that was expressed during the course of the interviews. I felt that the overtime requirements would have been to extreme for a good work/life balance to exist. The idea of working to 8 PM sometimes during the week because the west coast office was 3 hours behind just did not see fair to me. Starting work at a normal time like 8 am and ending my day at 8 pm sometimes just did not appeal to me. It was expressed during the interviews that overtime would be required due to the time difference between the Langhorne office and the San Francisco office. I felt that the overtime that was being required was also due to poor planning projects (all projects are given a 2 week max time line regardless of complexity), and lack of qualified employees to meet the demands of the company's work load.