United Blood Services

www.unitedbloodservices.org

United Blood Services Interview Questions

2.8

Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Met with recruitment director first and then met with area center manager. Then took a personality assessment and drug test. Got phone call with offer. Which was more than anticipated and accepted.

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Currently undergoing the interview process. First I had a phone interview with the HR manager. A few days later I received a call back for a personal interview at the blood center to interview in person with the HR manager and the Lab Director. I am in the process for a third interview that is another personal interview with the HR manager and other individuals that I am not sure who I will interview with. They had told me that if I passed this interview process I would have a last fourth interview that is a peer interview with employees that would there and that I would have to work with.

Has anyone gone through this process as well?

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of when something in your work place was inefficient for you and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Blood Services.

Applied and was contacted to attend a meeting describing the position. In the meeting we were told that the 10 persons who had made it that far would receive an interview the following week. If we were not contacted, we were told to phone the Supervisor. Interview scheduling never happened. Calls went unreturned

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

You are first interviewed by a temp agency, then they set you up with an interview at UBS. If they like you they usually hire you on the spot. They show you the schedule area etc.
    Then once you are hired you are technically hired with the temp agency, trained for 3 months then sent out to the field. After 30 days and you "prove" yourself theyd ecide if they want to hire you permanently

Donor Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services in September 2013.

During a job fair I met with a company that is linked to UBS and left her my resume and she gave me information to take online tests I had to pass in order to be considered for the position. Upon passing I got called in for an interview with the company where I did all my paperwork, as if hired. A couple days later I got a second interview this time with UBS and I was hired a couple days later. The training is fun and very informative.

Medical Affairs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Very smooth! I had 3 face to face interviews and was asked various questions about my character and work ethic

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at United Blood Services in September 2007.

The process consisted of two parts. Firstly, I met one of the nurses who worked for UBS who talked to me about the job and told me of the benefits of the job and working for UBS. He explained that I would need to put in a written application to human resources, and they would do all the necessary background checks. When they had a hard time getting a hold of my referrals, I had to get more referrals for them to check. This got me scared. Finally they got a hold of everyone, ran my police report and credit report and they then gave my application to my medical director who called me personally for an interview. The interview with the medical director was very pleasant. She only described the job and asked if I was interested. I then spoke with her and the current group supervisor together, which also went very well. She called me back the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Which patients did you have the most trouble with?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, which made it easier for me, since I don't negotiate well. The entry level salary was predetermined. It was explained that there was no set schedule for work days, and that one day a week would be an on call day.