United Blood Services

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Donor Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. I was dressed somewhat inappropriately because I didn't have clothes that fit me. My sister lent me a skirt suit that was much too tight. I burst out of it. But I was hired anyway thanks to good old-fashioned nepotism. My mom worked in admin and she got me hired, even though they knew I was a former stripper. I think they like to hire as low class as possible to reduce the chances that employees will band together to form unions. There is also less of a chance of them getting sued by a poor or low-class individuals. I admit fully, I was in a lower socioeconomic class at that time, and looked it. I suggest showing up to the interview looking nice, but try to drop hints that you're poor. You'll have a better chance of getting hired for the lower-level positions.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember. I think it was the usual: describe urself, tell us about a time when u blah blah blah, tell us where u see urself in ten years, parrot, parrot   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

Met with recruitment director first and then met with area center manager. Then took a personality assessment and drug test. Got phone call with offer. Which was more than anticipated and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How are your Communication skills   1 Answer

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Currently undergoing the interview process. First I had a phone interview with the HR manager. A few days later I received a call back for a personal interview at the blood center to interview in person with the HR manager and the Lab Director. I am in the process for a third interview that is another personal interview with the HR manager and other individuals that I am not sure who I will interview with. They had told me that if I passed this interview process I would have a last fourth interview that is a peer interview with employees that would there and that I would have to work with.

Has anyone gone through this process as well?

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when something in your work place was inefficient for you and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

Applied and was contacted to attend a meeting describing the position. In the meeting we were told that the 10 persons who had made it that far would receive an interview the following week. If we were not contacted, we were told to phone the Supervisor. Interview scheduling never happened. Calls went unreturned

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

You are first interviewed by a temp agency, then they set you up with an interview at UBS. If they like you they usually hire you on the spot. They show you the schedule area etc.
    Then once you are hired you are technically hired with the temp agency, trained for 3 months then sent out to the field. After 30 days and you "prove" yourself theyd ecide if they want to hire you permanently

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Donor Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services (El Paso, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

During a job fair I met with a company that is linked to UBS and left her my resume and she gave me information to take online tests I had to pass in order to be considered for the position. Upon passing I got called in for an interview with the company where I did all my paperwork, as if hired. A couple days later I got a second interview this time with UBS and I was hired a couple days later. The training is fun and very informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude donor?   1 Answer

Medical Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

Very smooth! I had 3 face to face interviews and was asked various questions about my character and work ethic

Donors Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at United Blood Services (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

You do two interviews with a temporary agency along with doing a drug test and background check if you pass all that you will do an interview with HR. Once you pass the interview process you do 3 months training (paid). If you don't pass any of the tests you automatically get fired. If you pass that you do another interview background/drug test with HR again. And that will determine if you will be working for UBS or not.

Donor Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at United Blood Services (Reno, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

3 interviews, all were professional and had a method that encompass chain of command. Meet with HR first. Meet department head with HR in second interview. Third interview had department heads and HR. All were basic interview questions and professional. Last interview had too many people present little intimidating especially not knowing their roles.

Interview Questions

• When and how did you handle a work conflict?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at United Blood Services in September 2007.

Interview

The process consisted of two parts. Firstly, I met one of the nurses who worked for UBS who talked to me about the job and told me of the benefits of the job and working for UBS. He explained that I would need to put in a written application to human resources, and they would do all the necessary background checks. When they had a hard time getting a hold of my referrals, I had to get more referrals for them to check. This got me scared. Finally they got a hold of everyone, ran my police report and credit report and they then gave my application to my medical director who called me personally for an interview. The interview with the medical director was very pleasant. She only described the job and asked if I was interested. I then spoke with her and the current group supervisor together, which also went very well. She called me back the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Which patients did you have the most trouble with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, which made it easier for me, since I don't negotiate well. The entry level salary was predetermined. It was explained that there was no set schedule for work days, and that one day a week would be an on call day.