United Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Insurance

Candidate Interview Review

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Insurance (Southfield, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Once applied online, I received a call for an interview promptly. Interview was very informative and relaxed. There were several stages involved - Phone Screening, skills review, personality quiz, 1-on-1 with manager, drug test, and background test (including credit check - which I submitted a letter of explanation as to the reason mine was so poor). I was called and offered a position and put on payroll while I studied for my license. Once hired, however, you learn of how chaotic, unprofessional, and behind the industry (handheld tools) this company is and how you get charged for everything, even postage to correspond with their clients, and charge-backs whether you wrote the business or not for the life of that client (even someone that cancels a policy in the 13th year)! I left when they brought in new management with a pit-bull mentality! Oh, I'm suppose to talk about the interview ...

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for United?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary, it's $400 a week during the training. Once assigned a Book of business that goes away, and you're charged for everything ... from postage to charge-backs on clients you never wrote for the life of your Books (some 12 years later).