United Nations FCU Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at United Nations FCU.

Fast hiring process : took a few weeks and offer was immediate - straightforward questions, aptitude test and read off of a script during interview (which was odd). Met with hiring manager and HR staff during process. They kept me informed throughout - no curve balls or hitch in hiring steps.

Interview Questions
    • The aptitude test was the thing that I found most odd. It was a computerized questionnaire of different types of things just to test your IQ - caught me off guard but went through with it and completed under time.   Answer Question

Vice President, Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at United Nations FCU.

Very professional process. Interview process included completing few documents and paper-based Employment Application, Credit Check Authorization and optional demographic profile form. Short phone screen with a few validation questions, including skill set match second language spoken. Subsequent scheduling of in-person interview. Convenient location and easy commute to from NYC. Human Resources Manager was courteous, friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Employer process includes computer-based exercise and credit report review before physical interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Nations FCU in March 2013.

Online technical Test from home

At UNFCU office-
    Problem solving test-
    In 12min you need to solve 50 questions, no negative marking, calculator not allowed and one question may have multiple answers. I was able to cover 41 questions, (Problem solving test software was provided by Wonderlic Inc. web based) This software is little slow, navigating from one page to another page takes about 2 secs, consider this time if you just want attempt questions blindly.
    Below are the topics covered
    English- Grammar -arrange sentence, choose three words which have similar meaning, synonyms, antonyms, choose word which fits in given sentence
    Reasoning- Overlapping square sequences, folding boxes, Square sequences, problems like if A is taller than B, B is taller than C, then A is taller than C, is last statement true? False? Can’t say?
    Graphs- Given number scenarios and choose correct graph representation
    Maths- Smallest/highest fraction, latest/oldest date, number series,
    Aptitude problems like
    1. if a car can drive 120 miles in 3 hours, how much time it will take to reach 300 miles?
    2. If A can do one job in 5 hrs, B can do same job in 3 hrs, how much time they will take to finish same job?

HR Round- Typical HR interview
    Why do want to join?
    What is the reason to change previous job?
    What do you know about UNFCU?
    How to deal with
    1. When you have deadline and its not possible to finish
    2. When your boss is not listening to you
    3. When you have huge work load

Hiring manager round-1 hr
    Hiring manager is of technology team, he will just check what projects/technologies you worked, most of questions are from your resume only, he can give some scenarios like how do develop given system in 4 days, Is it possible? Which technology do you prefer?

1 week later
    Team lead interview questions- took around 1 hr
    • Questions on resume
    • technical scenario based questions
    • Some SQL questions

CIO interview – took around 45 min
    • Questions on resume
    • HR type questions
    o Why should we hire you? Sell yourself…
    o If you’re senior manager argues with you what you will do/react?
    o Do you like work in team or alone?
    o If I call your manager, what will he say if I ask
     What are the good qualities in ABC?
     What are the weaknesses in ABC?
    o If you get 3 wishes, which?

Less salary offer - 85K for 5+yrs

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Nations FCU in December 2009.

I received an email to come in the office for the interview. It consisted of two rounds. The first one with HR generalist and the second with the hiring manager and the training manager. Questions were about behavior and technical skills. I answered all the questions. Then I received a letter of offer two weeks later.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Nations FCU in May 2008.

Was contacted by Human Resources to come in for two interviews and take various aptitude tests. I was then interviewed by the Director of HR in a rather lengthy interview. After that round was done, I was interviewed by the candidates supervisor which lasted approximately 1 hour. All of this took place over a period of about 3 hours.

The people were friendly, professional and adhered to a rigid process. In the end, and after approximately 3 weeks from the original interview date, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions centered on how to deal with difficult business relationships.   View Answer

Lending Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at United Nations FCU in November 2008.

Great

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose to leave your last employer?   Answer Question
    • How will you react to a Member who is irritated and angry and demands to speak to a supevisor?   Answer Question
    Negotiable

Worked for United Nations FCU? Contribute to the Community!