United Nations Foundation Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Management Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Process was very straightforward and authentic. Had first round interview on the phone, then met with two directors, then the team and finally two very senior level staff. In total, I went in four separate times and had one phone interview. The questions were not random, very general regarding how my experience fits with the job, how I work with others, etc etc. Very good interview process that lasted about 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. "Tell me about yourself" "What led you to want to apply for this job?" "How does your experience coincide with this position"   Answer Question
    Not a ton of wiggle room, but was able to up it a few thousand which was nice.

Program Associate Interview

6 rounds of interviews, different people, fast HR processing

Just with HR, went up $7,000

Finance Intern Interview

Was hired per recommendation of current employee

No negotiation because interns are no longer paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Phone interview: asked in depth questions about what I wanted to get out of this position

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you would change about the department?   Answer Question
    accepted offer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied for an intern position online and got an interview a few weeks later. The interview was OK, and they said, "we'll contact you next week". But it just never happened - no response ever since, not even a rejection email. I sent a follow-up email to the interviewer, reiterating my interested and trying to ask about the status, but still got ignored and no response. Kinda frustrating.

I understand no response for a resume-only-application. But come on, this is a in-person interview...I mean, I would be OK with the fact that I am not qualified and thus rejected, but not like this, not like a silent, rude rejection.

Such wouldn't be the boss i'd like to work with anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself and why you applied for this position   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations Foundation in June 2013.

I applied for an admin position a few months ago, had one phone interview with HR, then an in person with HR and a department employee. I was told, after i asked, that I was one of three people out of 600 who had applied, which was daunting but cool! I didn't get the job, I was called by the HR guy who explained why, and although it was not nice to be told i was unsuccessful, he encouraged me to keep applying, its tough to be the number one candidate and being one of three was no mean feat.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in my current job, how to I prioritize tasks from different team members, when the priority may not be overtly clear.   View Answer

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Nations Foundation in June 2013.

This wasn't very tough. I had a phone interview where I was asked some technical and behavioral questions. I was asked to come in a few days later for an in person interview and went and was offered the position a few days after that

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Nations Foundation.

A month after I applied online, I was contacted for an in-person interview. The interview was about an hour long, and the questions were fairly manageable. At the end of the interview, I was told candidates would hear back by the end of the following week, but I never received a follow up email. I emailed HR twice and even called in once and left a voicemail, and never received a call or email back regarding the status of my candidacy for the position.

Prior to my interview, I spoke to someone in HR who told me that the UNF prides itself in sending emails (though generic) to its applicants, so I'm unsure why that wasn't the case for me, and possibly other candidates interviewing for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to manage multiple responsibilities at once.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Submitted a cover letter and resume online, interviewed over the phone. The interview was very straightforward, asked questions relating specifically to job functions, previous experience, and plans for the summer. There were no extremely difficult questions. After about three days, an offer was extended by the Human Resources Department. Interviews were conducted by members of the specific departmental team, but HR handled technical details.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have specific experience in doing (insert job description item) and if so, tell us about that experience?   Answer Question
    No real negotiation about salary, as all interns are paid the same. Start and end dates were flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Nations Foundation in February 2012.

Phone interview only, offer made over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they had essentially decided to hire me before calling.   View Answer